X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to - Remove Leaves from roofs

I have a ranch home with a couple of areas where leaves collect on the roof, not being the adventurous type to climb on my roof, any suggestions on how to remove them. I have a long extenson for my leaf blower which cleans out the gutters; but this is not long enough to get all of the leaves in the valleys.

Re: How to - Remove Leaves from roofs

Can you take a pic to give us an idea of what you're dealing with?

Are they around the gutters, or in some further inaccessible place?

Comment

Install this then let the wind take care of them

Comment

I think he is referring to a "cricket" roof. This is where 2 pitches meet,and you have to build something so the water will not dam up at the intersection of the 2 roofs. I hope this doesn't confuse anyone?!
        Or a better example.. the roof behind most fireplaces,short gable to keep water from damming against wall.

Comment

Well if you cannot get up on the roof of a ranch style house, I think you should really think about hiring some one to do your roof and gutter cleaning. The gutter guards do work to a pretty good extent. But usually trying to wash the leaves off a roof, makes them want to stick. Ya, hire it out, there must be a handy man in your area, that also has Insurance with his small business...
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

This would sure look wild but how about installing 4" PVC pipe and making up a manifold with reducing Ts? When needed use a short piece of 1" PVC pipe. Then connect up the leaf blower and blast the leaves off the roof. I'm not sure if any of you have seen an "Air Rake" used to blast leaves and paper trash off sidewalks but that's the idea only this would be installed and clamped in place.

I like the Garager's idea better. Most companies that install gutters have a cleaning service. If you ask they should have a blower and when they come could just blow away the leaves and then do a good gutter and downspout cleaning for you.

As a long term cure you may want to have your trees pruned or removed.
            Last edited by Woussko; 11-27-2007, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X