X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trenchless Sewer

I helped Rick and Mrs.Seatdown today.They were running the trenchless sewer instalation and Rick invited me to come out and see how the whole deal goes down.It was a good thing the missus was there to get us laid out.
    I'll let them tell you

The other plumber almost had everything dug to drop the puller into place,so Rick could focus on settup and prepping the pipe.And treat us to some doughnuts.

The pull went off without a hitch.Mrs.Seatdown knows her stuff.

Here's the kicker guys,and the most important part.Rick and Joey shared Knowledge with me that will generate income for a lifetime.When I tried to leave I noticed Rick was starting to dig into his wallet.I was going to go hard with telling him "no",but then the boss rounded the corner so I had to shift gears on the fly.I figured I could go over Rick's head,so I asked the boss to explain to him how life works.She said "I told him to".You can't look a gift horse in the mouth when your looking that high up.

So,Rick and Joey pretty much paid for my Christmas gifts I had gotten for myself this last weekend at our west coast shopping spree at the swap meet.They did not have to do this.Good people.

Thank you guys.

Adam

Re: Trenchless Sewer

Awwww....tha is so cute Adam....

Did you get an ice-cream too?

Kidding....I'm sure you guys left everything for Joey to handle

Women know how to do it right

Comment

I'd love to see first hand how this operation works myself.

I wonder why no one uses that equipment around here?

Maybe when I'm out there next month I can ride around with Rick for an afternoon and make a few bucks on the side too.

I will gladly accept donuts as payment also

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        I'd love to see first hand how this operation works myself.

I wonder why no one uses that equipment around here?

Maybe when I'm out there next month I can ride around with Rick for an afternoon and make a few bucks on the side too.

I will gladly accept donuts as payment also
        I knew it....

And it thought i'm the only one digging for pizza

Comment

Oh Adam You deserve it. . .you helped work. Rick is going to take me to dinner.

So when I showed up today everyone had a somber look on their face. When I asked what was wrong they said it is not good and I should look in the ditch.

The first ditch, that we were going to set the machine up in, had a gas line running through he middle of it along with the sprinkler pipes and wiring

I looked in the other ditch that was suppose to feed the new pipe through and it was just a big empty ditch

I said we should just put the machine in the empty ditch and pull the opposite way!

Everyone was happy the rest of the day

Lucky for the customer she hired a plumber with a smart wife Otherwise everyone would still be at her house swearing
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

LMAO Great story guys,the wife and i are cracking up reading this.

Comment

ok, so the props go to joey. i was busy getting the trailer unloaded and joey shows up. see the issue and says, why not just reverse the pull

looked at it and said, why not. sounds great. so joey saved the day and a whole lot of grief. there was actually a high pressure gas line sitting dead center of the ditch. a water main, sprinkler line, area drain. and an unknown line possibly an old water main. so by reversing the pull, we were able to eliminate having to disturb the pipes. the other end was a clean ditch. the opening needed for the puller is approx. 4' long x 2'6'' wide x 6'' deeper than the existing sewer. the entry ditch for the pipe is large enough to allow a person to enter and make the final connection to the existing sewer pipe.

so i put a few photos up of the machine, and my crew. joey working the hydraulics and adam working the iron. myself just watching for issues and eating the dozen donuts that were there.

the 40' pull took less than 40 minutes. the prep and tear down was the time consumer. the pipe of choice is "hdpe" high density polyethylene. butt fused at 500 degrees and then internally reamed to eliminate the 1/8'' internal bead.

rick
              Attached Files
              phoebe it is

Comment

Throw in some coffee with the donuts and I'll jump on a plane!

Great posts guys....you too Joey

Neat machine.

Tracy
                sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

Comment

Ya I also enjoyed watching everybody working. Wow, you guys are still wearing T-Shirts and sweating. Its 21 degrees right now up here, and by Friday, we'll be dipping into the negative, bring a jacket if you ever come to Minn. Thanks for sharing the pictures and your story, maybe next time how about a video, PC can help you with that Dept....

Adam, who knows maybe this time next year, you and Rick could be partners, eh...
                  Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Rick you are obviously another American Plumber who needs a pat on the back. Education like this is something many would give anything to get. Seems that you are a little more open than most over here. I have a few other mates who we share most things with but on the whole most "Practicioners"here are guarded. What they dont understand is that even if they were given all of the work everyday they couldnt handle it. There is always enough work for the good contractors who know what they are about. Keep up the good work and your posts are not only interesting but informative as well

Comment

Working...
                    X