X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Christmas songs

Whats your favorite Christmas song, serious, sappy or just plain goofy go ahead...

I have a few goofy ones.

Muppets 12 days of Christmas
    Alvin and The Chipmunks Christmas song (have probably an original 45 of this)
    I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas (by far the goofiest)
    Santa Claus is coming to town (Springsteens version)

Re: Favorite Christmas songs

Grandma got run over by the Reindeers
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Christmas Wrapping (The Waitresses)
      Santa and his old lady (Cheech and Chong)
      Holly Jolly Christmas (Burl Ives)
      Oh Holy Night ( Micheal Crawford )(Phantom of the Opera singer)
      Blue Christmas (Elvis)
      Porky Pig singing christmas songs lol
      Little Drummer Boy (anyone who sings it)

Those are my favs.
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

All good songs but Bing Crosby singing "Little Drummer Boy" justs hits a cord for Christmas in me.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          All good songs but Bing Crosby singing "Little Drummer Boy" justs hits a cord for Christmas in me.

Bing Crosby and David Bowie singing it is my fav. one
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

red sovine's "you ain't getting sh*t for chiristmas" or the 12 drunken days of christmas, though i am not sure who sings that one i think it is bob rivers though
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Oh man there are so many good versions of 12 Days. I also forgot about Gramma and the reindeer

Comment

Mine is a little known one from many years ago. This was on a 10" 78 RPM disc record and from some small recording studio company.

Cows Won't Give Us Christmas Off - Mad Farmer and The Milkhouse Gang

It's true (about cows on a farm) but the way it's done will have you falling out of your chair.

I don't have a copy but long ago (25-30 years back) I heard it on WRVA AM - Richmond, VA and they said a few listeners claimed that WSM of Nashville, TN used to play it. Maybe I need to call them and beg for more info. Only an old timer program director would begin to know about it.
                Last edited by Woussko; 11-30-2007, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Walking in a winter wonderland and the goofy version; Walking 'round in womens underwear.
                  ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                    Mine is a little known one from many years ago. This was on a 10" 78 RPM disc record and from some small recording studio company.

Cows Won't Give Us Christmas Off - Mad Farmer and The Milkhouse Gang

It's true but the way it's done will have you falling out of your chair.

I don't have a copy but long ago (25-30 years back) I heard it on WRVA AM - Richmond, VA and they said a few listeners claimed that WSM of Nashville, TN used to play it. Maybe I need to call them and beg for more info. Only an old timer program director would begin to know about it.
                    Does that fact that I know what a 78RPM record is make me old?
                    ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

I love Eric Cartman's rendition of O Holy Night, and Mr. Garrison's Merry F**king Christmas had me in stitches the first time I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by res057 View Post
                        Does that fact that I know what a 78RPM record is make me old?
                        In a word - NO

Thinking more about it, my bet it was more like 35 years ago when I heard it.

Comment

Bing Crosby's "White Christmas"

Comment

Woussko

"Cows Won't Give Us Christmas Off - Mad Farmer and The Milkhouse Gang"

There is not such song and never was unless you personally wrote it and howl it with your other hound friends. I did some good research on this one.

Comment

Christmas Wrapping by the waitresses is one of my favs too.

Little Drummer Boy (I was the drummer in 3rd grade Christmas pageant)

I Can't Wait for Christmas by the sweet and saxy Mindi Abair

Winter Wonderland, but I'm totally confused by the lyrics:

In the meadow we can build a snowman,
                              and pretend that he is Parson Brown.
                              He'll say "are you married?" we'll say "no, man,
                              but you can do the job when you're in town!"

Assuming the snowman we just made can talk, why is he asking us if we are married?

A Parson is an Anglican priest, just what 'job' is he doing while he's in town?

Comment

Working...
                              X