Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st snow fall of the year in my area

Woke up this morning and had a whole inch of snow on the ground WOOHOO
    Not enough for a snowball fight, but i still act like a kid when it snows lol...reminds me of listening for that school number to see if school was closed..

Greg
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Re: 1st snow fall of the year in my area

Drain Medic, Keep a check on your weather reports as you may well get more snow or a nasty ice storm soon.

http://www.weather.com --- Enter in a postal ZIP code and then check the hour by hour report. Also, check out area storm warnings and more.

Comment

WE got at least 12"s, with snow predicted everyday for the next 4 days. Spent 3 hrs this morning snowblowing me and all the neighbors, since I'm the only one that owns a machine in my neighborhood...

I think me and my youngest will go out shortly and build Frosty the Snowman. I just don't do snow angels.

Westcoast people...If I could throw you a snowball I would...

Its actually warm outside today, made it up to 28 degrees, we have been down in the single and minus digits for the past week and a half.
      Last edited by garager; 12-02-2007, 12:16 PM.
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

So what are you trying to say...bigger is better????

makes my 1 inch look pretty pathetic LOL

When we get our big snow storm this year...be prepared...im going to call you for that snowblower

Be safe out there with all that snow...
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

In this case, Drain. I would rather have the one inch, and you can have the 12"...

I don't mind sharing snowfall, we get pretty dang tired of it, at times....
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

We only got 1/2 inch here in CT, but it's enough to keep me off the roads. My eighteen year old car isn't that sure footed and all these tiny women driving big SUV's concern me. I got an old Toro snowblower that I take good care of but I'll only help out a neighbor if he's sick or something serious is going on. Most of these folks are pretty well off but too cheap to get a machine. My machine and my back got to last a while longer so I have to look out for number one, no body else will!

Comment

We got two or three early this morning. Really cold for this time of year I think and at 15 degrees the stuff made the roads pretty slippery. The national weather says we're going to get more of that this afternoon and the forecast for the coming week is for snow on and off.

I guess winter is here!

CWS

Comment

Just came on from clearing my drive and the neighbors (about a third of a mile together) It took me just a little over an hour. I have a blower that goes on the front of that machine I am sitting on in my avatar. We had about 9 inches. I'm just like a kid with a new sled when it snows!!!

Comment

I live 20 miles inland from downtown seattle. They have none we have 6 inches. Its amazing, we are on a 400 foot hill here and in town below about 1 miles they may hvae half the snow or less.

Comment

greg is about 1hr away an we did not get snow just rain
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                      greg is about 1hr away an we did not get snow just rain

Ya you guys just got the rain...right now its flurrying... about an hour ago, it was freezing rain....temp is supposed to rise tonight and be nothing but rain

Comment

We're expecting anywhere from 3-6 inches over night here, I already shifted my schedule just in case, rear wheel trucks don't work good in icey conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                          We're expecting anywhere from 3-6 inches over night here, I already shifted my schedule just in case, rear wheel trucks don't work good in icey conditions.

Take a picture.....

I miss it so much

Comment

We got about 7 inches here in Appleton on Saturday night. Driving in it was pure whiteout conditions. Couldn't see more than about 40 feet, if that. Guy in front of me stopped a number of times because with the snow and blowing he could not see the road. Talked to him when we stopped and he said it was a nightmare leading like that. Today went to snow blow the stuff but the blower hasn't been used for at least 3 years because of the mild winters here lately. Put gas in and it leaked out immediately. Carb bowl gasket had dried up and let the gas leak. Needed rebuild kit, but ended up shoveling all that white sh!t by hand. Heavy heavy as lead. Was 34 degrees or so and the water content was way up there. Last week was cold. Most days working outside was in the low teens and maybe 20. Even hot packs in the gloves didn't help out. This week supposed to be cold again with snow (like Garager said) predicted for the next four or five days. Hey Garager --- please keep future snow storms like Saturday's over in Minn. And don't send any more my way, my arms are aching tonight. Think I'll mix me a Brandy. See ya.
                            Jim Don

Comment

Oh I don't mind sharing, least I could do for my IIF's.

You better start working on that carb. it'll soon be snowing again. You should have gotten your neighbor to snowblow you out, thats what they're there for...

Comment

Working...
                              X