X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspector #13 got me again!

Last month I open up a factory sealed crate containing a high efficiency boiler. Items missing: pump, pump flanges, temperature and pressure gauge. Tag said: inspected by #13...pisses me off but I have these items on my truck so no biggie.

2 weeks ago, new water heater missing draft diverter...had to use the old one...wrong color but it's a rental property

Last week; new boiler right out of box (different manufacturer) missing fan inducer. Approved by inspector #13...my salesman has to drive across town to rob another one off a display model and bring it to me so I can get the heat on for this elderly couple

Yesterday, new Rinnai tankless heater in factory sealed box see pics below.

Those that install these heaters may notice something missing. EVERYTHING INSIDE !!!

Yea, paid over $1,300 for this shell

You guessed it...Tested and Inspected by #13

Is anyone else expieriencing product defects on a higher level lately?
    Last edited by plumberscrack; 06-15-2008, 11:37 AM.

Re: Inspector #13 got me again!

pc , if that happen to someone else you would laugh(i think) but trust me when i say i feel your pain, but $1300 for a shell is well beyond insane and i thin that Rinnai needs to make that right by you, not only with a replacment but for your wasted time, and the next heater should be heavyly discounted
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Seems like Im running in to a lot of evap coils developing leaks at around the 2 year old mark....goodman this week...other brands last week... like a bad batch.

Comment

Like the 13th floor in a high riser, there isn't one...

You are on a run of luck, a bad one. It runs in three's, but in your case it could be 13...
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
          Like the 13th floor in a high riser, there isn't one...
          I worked a job loading semis for grocery stores. They didnt have a dock 13 either. Once to be a smartaxe I paged a friend of mine to door 13 though. He came around looking for it a few minutes later.

Comment

You got the one from the training class...
            I went to the day long training put on by Rinnai, and at least one of the dozen or so units they had for us monkeys to play with ended up looking almost like that.

Comment

PC, the only reason I figured you weren't yanking chains is tankless's are so light.
              Thats outright bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                Last month I open up a factory sealed crate containing a high efficiency boiler. Items missing: pump, pump flanges, temperature and pressure gauge. Tag said: inspected by #13...pisses me off but I have these items on my truck so no biggie.

2 weeks ago, new water heater missing draft diverter...had to use the old one...wrong color but it's a rental property

Last week; new boiler right out of box (different manufacturer) missing fan inducer. Approved by inspector #13...my salesman has to drive across town to rob another one off a display model and bring it to me so I can get the heat on for this elderly couple

Yesterday, new Rinnai tankless heater in factory sealed box see pics below.

Those that install these heaters may notice something missing. EVERYTHING INSIDE !!!

Yea, paid over $1,300 for this shell

You guessed it...Tested and Inspected by #13

Is anyone else expieriencing product defects on a higher level lately?

PC......Don't you carry those parts on your truck??
                I feel for you man, must have been fun explaining that to the homeowner...Rick
                The Other Rick

Comment

Working...
                X