X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh, don't read this!

Hopefully he will honor my request...or demand, but anyway, I'm hoping you guys can help me out in the gift department with Josh. He's finishing his first semester of school this week, then it's our anniversary, and of course Christmas, and I just don't have ANY ideas for him!
    I figure maybe some of you that know him better in at least the professional sense might know of something he'd like, or something you really like that he might like.
    But sorry, he's not getting an XBox. That would just be silly.
    Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Josh, don't read this!

why don't you go to www.amazon.com

theres is bunch of gift ideas there...or something customized..personal..

electronics? ipod,sattelite radio,gps, dvd camcorder? laptop? not sure what is your budget..maybe a gift certificate for a dinner that he can take you there

Comment

Josh is a bit of a tech geek (sorry Josh) but I think we all are. I also know he loves and is extremely proud of you and the boys. If I was Josh I may want a digital picture frame for the house and a digital key chain for when I am away from the house. That would give him a place to show off all of the pictures he is taking.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

That is a perfect gift...He sure does like to talk about the kids...I just bought my wife today a digital picture frame, digital keychain for pictures, and a digital christmas ball for pictures....

Good Job Mark!!!

PS

If not XBOX, maybe Playstation 3?
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

read the 7th post from him in this thread, as it may shed some light http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14519
          i know it isnot much but it may be of some help
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Josh is a bit of a tech geek (sorry Josh) but I think we all are. I also know he loves and is extremely proud of you and the boys. If I was Josh I may want a digital picture frame for the house and a digital key chain for when I am away from the house. That would give him a place to show off all of the pictures he is taking.

Mark
            THIS!! I got my grandparents one and preloaded it with a ton of stuff. They absolutely love it. The price has come down so much since just last year. I picked up a nice 8" one for around $160 at Circuit City.

*TIP* For anyone that wants to use these since the resolution is usually only 800x600 on the screen you can resize your digital pictures using a batch resizer and make the file size go from 3+Mb to 100-200Kb. This does not lose any of the photo quality either if it is done right. I fit over 800 pictures onto the 128mb internal memory of the frame. I still got them an extra 1gig CF card to add to.

Comment

Thanks for the tips...I like the digital frame thing, but I'm always a little nervous about getting those kind of things for him, because he's the deal-finder and knows where and what kind to buy...and are they all that expensive? I was hoping to keep it under $100...or at least around that. I didn't think this was going to be a big Christmas for us, since we're getting a van. I didn't think we were doing gifts at all, but now he tells me he's already gotten me 1 1/2 gifts (whatever that means).
              Now the gunsmith thing...that would be kinda cool too. I could just get him a card that says that...not too exciting to open, but if he'd appreciate it...and I don't think he'd expect it. I'm just thinking out loud now.

Comment

whoops, this is Helen, but I'm under his name...not sure how to switch it right now, so I won't worry about it.

Comment

Oh yeah, the key chain thing sounds kinda cool. He already got an IPOD and GPS for work...both of which he truly enjoys.

Comment

I know he loves to golf and I've heard he's pretty good at it. I'm guessing during good weather he's out on the links at least once a week. He has probably played the local courses to death. Maybe a golf outing with some buddies (and me) at a exclusive course.

If time away from the twins doesn't appeal to you then he wants a Nintendo Wii

Comment

I suggest if you have real Ideas that you PM (private message)them to her so there may be some mystery in his gift, if she uses some ones suggestions.
                      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                      attributed to Samuel Johnson
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                        I suggest if you have real Ideas that you PM (private message)them to her so there may be some mystery in his gift, if she uses some ones suggestions.
                        very good idea.
                        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

What is Josh going to school for? Does he have a gun safe? What about some pelican cases for his guns when he goes to the range? How about a gift card at HD? I'd rather get a gift card so I can get exactly what I want. I think most guys might be like this.

On a side note, Josh has mentioned in the past that the greatest gift is giving to others and that pro presses 320-E make really nice gifts, especially for guys named Ben. And Robert. And Adam Let me know if you need to find these great and wonderful guys.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

hi, helen

i know that anything golf related is a good thing

i know he also liked an in n out burger when he came here last june.
                            not too sure if there is any in n out around you, but it would make a good reason for him to come back

i bought a couple of those digital key chains last week. they hold up to 75 photos. costco also has a couple of different picture frames. i think that would be real cool for his office desk.

he could also use some go cart lessons

might need some paint ball lessons too.

good luck, and i'm sure just coming on this forum asking is a big gift for josh

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              On a side note, Josh has mentioned in the past that the greatest gift is giving to others and that pro presses 320-E make really nice gifts, especially for guys named Ben. And Robert. And Adam Let me know if you need to find these great and wonderful guys.
                              And let me know if you need to get a hold of some pro presses at a good price I'm sure we could work something out

You can get him tokens or a gift certificate from that go-cart or paint ball place he is always talking about.

Just for the record, my husband is the LAST person to be giving out gift buying advice.
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                              X