X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud Parent (great kid)

As some of you are aware my oldest son is an Apache Pilot in the Army. He has served two tours in Iraq, one tour in Kosovo and is now stationed State side as an Observer/Trainer over Army war games. I received a call from him earlier this afternoon inviting my wife and I to attend his promotion ceremony to Major. I find myself both proud and humbled at the same time. You raise these kids hoping they will turn out okay and it is so rewarding when they grow up and far exceed your expectations.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Proud Parent (great kid)

Congrats Mark....I know your a proud man right now, its such a good feeling to see the kids grow up (mine are alot younger) and achieve the things that they set their minds on, both young and old....Again, congrats Mark

Greg
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

some guys have all the luck, great job mark as i know it takes work to rasie kids.
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

That is really nice, someday I hope I'm feeling just like you are now.
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Congratulations Mark

I'm very glad your son survived his tours and is now stateside

Iraq is/was very hard on helo's, I'll bet you rest a lot easier these days
          Cheers! - Jim
          -------------
          All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Congratulations Mark.
            It appears the son has reflected his father well.

Comment

From your description of his tours, his promotion is well deserved. You have a right to be proud, and he should be as well.

Comment

Mark congrats to you, your son and family. I can't imagine his accomplishments and your sense of joy and pride. Hope the feeling lasts a real long time.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am very proud of all of my kids but during a time of war Jaysen's service gets extra credit.

By the way I didn't post it earlier but when Jaysen was 5-years old he and his best friend both decided they wanted to be military helicopter pilots. Because of some sad twists of faith his friend spent some time growing up in our home. His friend is now a Major in the Marines and is an Osprey Instructor, soon Jaysen will be a Major in the Army critiquing and training helicopter pilots and ground units. It took 30-years but they are both living their dreams.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Wow, Mark, You must be proud. You and your wife must have been a he!! of a good pair of parents. This kind of reward doesn't just happen by itself. Children, no matter what age, model their behavior based on what they have learned from their parents. Bask in the great feeling of accomplishment that you must be feeling now. You've earned it. Think I'll drink a toast tonight to you and yours, your son, and the best friend who lived in your house and picked up on good behavior also.
                    Jim Don

Comment

Congratz to your son and to you Mark. From what I have heard about your kids you have done a great job raising them. That's the cure to the generation Y worries... a solid and well grounded generation mentoring and molding the next generation into responsible and respectable adults.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        As some of you are aware my oldest son is an Apache Pilot in the Army. He has served two tours in Iraq, one tour in Kosovo and is now stationed State side as an Observer/Trainer over Army war games. I received a call from him earlier this afternoon inviting my wife and I to attend his promotion ceremony to Major. I find myself both proud and humbled at the same time. You raise these kids hoping they will turn out okay and it is so rewarding when they grow up and far exceed your expectations.

Mark
                        mark, seeing that you told joey that you can watch me anytime
                        when are we going to your sons ceremony

congratulations to jaysen, brenda, yourself and the rest of the family

i know what i will be giving him as a gift. lets just say it's something joey didn't want.

congrats again, and fill me in.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Mark,

This is great news and I'm very happy that you have shared it with us. No doubt whatsoever that you are a very proud father and rightly so. Congratulations to you and all your family, and especially to Jaysen.

I am so grateful for his service and dedication and wish you all, the very best future possible. I'm sure this will be a spectacular Christmas holiday for everyone.

CWS

Comment

Wow Mark! That is impressive. The happiest people are those being able to live out their dreams-what an achievement.

Now you sold me-I'm sending you and Brenda my "kid"-turn him into a grown-up. I must warn you. He eats a lot and turns his nose up at the sight of veggies. Maybe you guys could work on that too
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Congratulations!! I'm sure the promotion is well-deserved. It's great to hear about the good things the younger generation is doing.

Please send along my thanks to your son as well. I can't imagine how difficult a job it is as a soldier, but I do appreciate the things they do.
                              I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X