X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronic Pain...How Do You Manage It?

Every year about this time my body starts to feel the wear and tear I put on it. Lifting radiators, humping cast iron boilers, dragging water heaters around, going up and down stairs with a 30lb. tool bag. My body is telling me it's time to stop. Chronic back pain, bad knees, carpol tunnel and sore foots. Gets a little worse every year. Maybe I'm just getting old, carry too much weight under my belt or just over do it all the time.

I used to see a chiropractor 2 times a week before going to work. She helped out with the back pain using heated massages and TENS (transcutaneous electro-nerve stimulator). She moved to another office and changed her hours. I felt guilty leaving work in the middle of the day to get a massage. Besides, wife found out she was really cute...END OF SESSIONS!

Just bought a personal TENS unit and seems to help some. Never been one to take pain pills (at least not for medical reasons ) and I was just wondering how others manage their daily pain.

Meds?
    Herbal remedies?
    Kabbalistic healing?
    Accupuncture? I've worked with a few people who swear by this but needles make me faint

The Crack Needs Healing

Re: Chronic Pain...How Do You Manage It?

the times i feal sore i will take a couple of aleve/ naproxen sodium 220mg (nsaid). by the way, joey doesn't mind me giving out plumbing advise, but she doesn't approve of my medical advise. by the way the aleve is a little blue pill. maybe that's why it works? mind over matter

last weekend i had to pull 110' of 1/2'' jetter hose stuck inside of a line out. i ended up using my block and tackle attached to the concrete ceiling to get it to move. even with that i was still sore.

then followed it up with 2- 50 gallon r-19 heaters to bring up the stairs 2 days later.

all i can say is aleve works for me.

and the k-60 is a life saver over the drum, especially on the roof

get better soon as we have a big date coming up soon

you don't want to be forced into a bidet if you can't wipe your own crack

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      you don't want to be forced into a bidet if you can't wipe your own crack

rick.

LOL I'd rather have a stoma than use a bidet

Comment

i sit in my hot tub 104* for 30min and it helps a lot

it is a insta spa small but it works
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

i soak my feet in the new foot bubbler (used in salons) that robert will get me for christmas..hard to be in high heels all day..
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Prescription narcotics. Yesterday was a prime example of why I need them to get through a job where I'm there for more than a few hours.

Today is recovery day; my fingers/hands are all swelled up, couldn't stand on my feet for an hour after I woke up, aching unbelievably but there's a check on my desk for the effort. It's all a memory now.

Just lately have I been getting into trouble in the mornings; I look like the images of the evolution of man.....starting from a slumped over crawl to someone standing upwards.

Bottom line is I've tried all the OTC methods, nothing works. I'm well beyond that and the future isn't exactly sunny and 75.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
              i sit in my hot tub 104* for 30min and it helps a lot

it is a insta spa small but it works
              Ditto but mine is a full size and limits you to 20-minutes at a time for a reason.

Many years ago I removed a brand new Jacuzzi brand jetted tub out of Cher's beach house during a remodel. My back was killing me so when I got home I set her tub up in the garage and filled it with water from the laundry area. When I started the motor my pain melted away in minutes. Two hours later when I woke up the water was ice cold and my muscles were like jello. I soon after added a jetted tub to my bathroom and a spa to my backyard but now better understand why there are time limits.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                i soak my feet in the new foot bubbler (used in salons) that Zeljka will get me for christmas..hard to be in high heels all day..
                Robert,

Some things are better left unsaid.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                  i soak my feet in the new foot bubbler (used in salons) that robert will get me for christmas..hard to be in high heels all day..
                  are you talking to yourself again robert

not sure if osha allows high heels on the job site? are they steel toed

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

EUUWWW!!!

You have Cher germs all over you!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                      EUUWWW!!!

You have Cher germs all over you!
                      No this was a brand new home which had never been occupied. When I did the walk through there was not a single bathroom which was not being remodeled. I asked her what she wanted to do with the fixtures and she told me to throw them away. The morning we started the job the first thing I did was have the guys pull all of the fixtures and haul them off the job to protect them. I ended up selling them at the swap meet and giving them to friends and family.

Mark

Comment

Ya'll going to have me in my jacuzzi today; I even have a winch built into the ceiling to raise and lower my disabled body into the water. I'm a lead weight though trying to get out of it. Gotta tv right at my feet as well.

I've used it maybe less than 5 times total since 05'.

Rubadubdub huge lard in da tub
                        Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 12-15-2007, 03:23 PM.
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

MAN OH MAN! Zeljka and her english, geeze, guys, you had to quote it to, now I cannot fix it.

What she mean't was the tub is maybe one of her gifts and if she gets it, she will soak her feet in it and something about high heels.

I just read it and I have no clue what she was thinking.
                          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Nice, I just went back and read it, that was cute mark, clever little man you are

Zeljka's english is pretty good actually
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

it is called.... hire a helper, he can lift, carry, install(under your supervision), be your gofor, stand there and look dumb when you throw him across the room when the boss shows up, be the scape goat for the mistakes you made while the boss was there, and just the all around beast of burdon.

trust me this works, no more pain. but the headaches are killed.
                              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
                              X