X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Problem Again

Does anyone else have difficulties with this and other BB's that are powered by VBulletinĀ® when using Firefox? It seems that every once in awhile they just don't seem to want to talk nice to each other.

For instance, currently if I use IE to visit here everything works just great. However, if I come here via Firefox I can't use the quick response feature, the smilees feature , bolt text, italic text, insert a link, PM's, etc. I have tried logging off to clear my cookies and that didn't help.

Anyone else have these problems or is it that Firefox just doesn't like my computer? Again, these problem aren't just with the RIDGID site, I also have this problem at BT3 and SMC. Any ideas on how to correct this problem will be appreciated as I prefer to use Firefox cause it runs faster than IE.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Re: Firefox Problem Again

BD, I don't have Firefox, but I have used it at my daughter's house(on this site) and everything was fine. She has it on a Mac--are you using a PC?
    Jim

Comment

PC here not a Mac.

Comment

BD, I use Firefox 99% of the time, and I don't have any problems. Whats BB, if I knew what your talking about with this point, maybe I can help you. I know when I dump cookies, everything has to reload and all sites come in at a slower speed, not much just a little bit. My speed w/Firefox is also faster than IE7, so I prefer to use this, more secure too.

I think you might have a setting situation going on. Talk to me, maybe I can help. I'll be popping in and out all day tomorrow, lets see what we can do....

Does your computer automatically(setting)clean out cookies and or Temp Internet Files, when you go to shut down?
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

BD

I was having a bad time with FireFox here and found the fix was to uninstall the version I had been using, reboot and then use Internet Explorer to download the newest version. Doing the updates with the version I had didn't work, but uninstalling and then installing the newest version really seemed to help big time. You might give it a try.
          http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
            Whats BB, if I knew what your talking about with this point, maybe I can help you.

Does your computer automatically(setting)clean out cookies and or Temp Internet Files, when you go to shut down?
            BB - Bulletin Board (Is that an old school term for these types of forums?)

As for your second question..............I haven't the foggest idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
              BD

I was having a bad time with FireFox here and found the fix was to uninstall the version I had been using, reboot and then use Internet Explorer to download the newest version. Doing the updates with the version I had didn't work, but uninstalling and then installing the newest version really seemed to help big time. You might give it a try.
              http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
              Thanks for the suggestion. If I can't fix this problem with some very easy solution that my computer challenged brain can wrap itself around then I'll give that a try. You know, I think the current problems I'm having may have started right after one of their updates was downloaded, hmmmmmmmm.

Comment

I used firefox 100% and it has never had issues with forums.

Comment

I used to have the version of Firefox for Windows XP that came out in the summer. I noted that several web sites including eBay would totally stall out. If I used Internet Explorer those same sites were fine. After getting frustrated I figured I have nothing to loose by uninstalling Firefox and then installing the latest version a few weeks ago. The result was no more freezing up issues. Now I really like Firefox very much. I would suggest anyone running Windows 2000, XP, XP Professional or Vista, to uninstall their current version of Firefox, reboot and then download and install the current version. Do take some time to look over the choices as there's more than just one version out now. For non Windows people it might be wise to do the upgrade as well. Please do check firewall, antivirus and spyware program settings too.

Comment

B.D. it would be a simple thing to do, uninstall firefox, reboot, go to their site, download, reboot, check for updates. Trying to locate your problems could be more of a headache. But I think you have a setting that is clearing out everything when you either shutdown or leave the internet. Redo firefox as woussko says, should do everything. If your not fixed, then it is a setting problem, then you'll have to search it out and uncheck it.
                    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Yup, that probably is the best solution. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X