X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Website

Hey, just made my own website, with the help of Robert and Zeljka...Check it out...let me know what you think..

Thanks,
    greg

WWW.DRAINMEDICPA.COM
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Re: New Website

what's up with all those spartan machines and stock photos

where is the k-60 impressionator

only saw 1 photo of a ridgid seesnake.

there are plenty of ridgid stock photos to copy and paste.

flat rate

i don't have a website

need to call robert and zeljka.

looks good greg

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Good start but....

Numberous spelling errors

Need a higher resolution picture of the truck and banner

Comment

Yeah i still have alot of work on it, just got it published an hour ago...ive been working on it for hrs straight....Dont worry all the spelling errors will be gone, and more ridgid photos will be added....i figured on putting the job pictures in the images section.....keep the stock photos in the service areas...Not to shabby for designing my own site.
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

Can we all take turns signing your guestbook raving about you?

Comment

absolutely

Comment

looks all messed up in firefox. Top banner is all stretched and weird.

Comment

huh...i wonder how i can fix that?

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                  huh...i wonder how i can fix that?

robert, zeljka, up yet

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

What about adding some pics of you doing some work like running a snake or camering out a line. Before and after pics with the camera would be great. That was one thing I loved about Robert's website was all the personal pictures. Those pics give the customer a real sense of who they're hiring. Overall it looks great for the first edition.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      robert, zeljka, up yet

rick.
                      Very funny

Why don't you ask Joey to get you a domain name..oh i forgot your customers are 70 and over

Wait a second... which is better then what robert has

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        What about adding some pics of you doing some work like running a snake or camering out a line. Before and after pics with the camera would be great. That was one thing I loved about Robert's website was all the personal pictures. Those pics give the customer a real sense of who they're hiring. Overall it looks great for the first edition.

They will be in there, under images...gotta pick out some winners

Comment

Looks good

Like the Spartan equipment as well I own two of those three machines.

When you build your site, you can have all the content in the world.....but you need to build the back end of your site where the web crawlers catch the content your marketing.

It's called meta tags which are found in your source info of your site.

Hammer the maximum amount of words you can put in there, related to everything and everything you do in your profession, even remotely associated.

If you can do it without being caught, separate names and words of your competitors in your meta tags so that when someone looks up your competition.....you'll show up as well.

All the cities you want to work in, make sure you put the names of them in as well.

Keywording is optimum in how you show up in the top 3 search engines. Sometimes you can even place mispelled words in invisible font on your site so when somebody accidentally spells your company name wrong....it still catches on the search engine.

^^^

If you've seen my site, it is dull but packs a kick-a$$ punch when you search for numerous word phrases that works on a geographical front.

My website took 500 hours and a smashed keyboard and you wouldn't believe how good it felt when I smashed it and keys went flying everywhere. Dog almost had a heart attack trying to get out of the office, along with the road rage encountered when I took him to office depot to get another one.

The reason it took so long to do mine was months earlier.......I didn't even know how to get on the internet. This was in 2002 and the rest is history. I constantly update and mix up my meta tag source info periodically so the the web crawlers see it as a change.

What makes no sense is I've somehow disappeared off of MSN.....and that is the default search browser when you mistype a website you are looking for on most all computers today. ?????

Always remember that when you build a site......there's still a ton of older people with the stupid dial-up and if you busy it up with pictures and gif images.....this will slow it down dramatically on the loading of the pages.

Even though I feel my site is dull-drum at best....I've been complimented countless times on how simple it is to navigate......and even the web designers have asked "who did your site" on a on-off basis. I tell them myself and they seem to be shocked.

I don't know why....it's just a DIY format from register.com that came free with my two domain names.

WARNING:

If someone ever offers you big money to sell your domain name.....like 10 or 20 grand.......DON"T DO IT. Your company name is valuable to you and if you go for the instant money you'll regret the move.

I've been offered twice on my .com company name and I'm not giving it up till I die. The .coms rule the roost on the internet and it's hard to see anything else carry the same way.

I have a .net backended to my .com to do 2 things: protect myself from competition and create more pages to my site in the same stroke.

I can honestly state that I got extremely lucky to be able to buy a domain name directly related to my company name. That's when bigger companies were buying up every extension name known.....
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

nice site i tried to leave something in your guest book but it did not work .
                            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                              looks all messed up in firefox. Top banner is all stretched and weird.
                              Josh, Please uninstall your current version of Firefox, reboot, delete sub-directories (folders) and really be totally rid of the version of Firefox you have now. Then download and install the latest version for your OS that they have. I bet it fixes the problems. I had all kind of issues with Firefox until I got totally rid of the old and got the newest version. Now things work as they should.

Comment

Working...
                              X