X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ban Fox Hunting

I believe this entire fox hunting thing has gone way out of whack. I firmly believe fox hunting has more to do with putting high power rifles in the possession of unqualified shooters then it has to do with the sport of hunting. Please contact your State Representatives and ask them to support a Bill on the permanent banning of Fox Hunting.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Ban Fox Hunting

now how can some one shoot this little cutie

Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I bet with some careful doing by professionals that the American Red Fox could become a good domestic pet. They are smart and sure look better than most dogs. They are K9 members. Not far from me in a wooded area people have seen a family of red fox and being in city limits there best not be anyone hunting them. We have strict laws banning the discharging of fire arms unless there is life threatening danger from not doing so. Out in the countryside that's a different matter. The more serious issue around my area is trying to deal with cyotie. They are raiding the cities. They have proven too smart for us dumb humans to properly deal with.

Comment

Don't Ban Fox Hunting

Tally Ho.....
        Last edited by BadgerDave; 12-16-2007, 05:39 PM.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

the fox i posted is on top of mt Washington NH and he stops in at the observatory to get his picture taking
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

What's the deal with the rifles and guys on horseback? Anytime I've gone fox hunting it was generally at bars or parties. They seem to fall for diamonds, charm, witty conversation.....

Oh, wait a minute, I think I've made a mistake and stumbled into the wrong forum.....

I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I'm sorry I might have not expressed myself correctly. The part I hate is in the old days foxes actually had to hunt. Today by empowering them with high power rifles it gives them an unfair advantage. Before we know it they will be training cougars to shoot and who knows whats next. Pictures like this one below just make me sick.

Mark
              Attached Files

Comment

wow... smart fox. We have problems with their cousins here in OH. Coyote populations have gone up quite a bit around here.

Mark, 223? 22-250 (chamber looks a little small for that)

Comment

Attached Files
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    I'm sorry I might have not expressed myself correctly. The part I hate is in the old days foxes actually had to hunt. Today by empowering them with high power rifles it gives them an unfair advantage. Before we know it they will be training cougars to shoot and who knows whats next. Pictures like this one below just make me sick.

Mark
                    I do not agree. I think that some wild game should be allowed open season on lawyers and politicians. Maybe we could start by turning some of the state capitols in hunting preserves. I would go for a bill to make NC the first one!! From the news it seems to me like the vermin population here needs some culling and control harvesting!!
                    As a start, fox, wild turkey, and porpoise should be allowed to buy firearms and ammo. Until the rest can prove responsibility and character (ex: there's that groundhog named Phil who lies as badly as any politician, and field rats will steal the food off your plate faster than a lawyer, etc), they should be limited to lo-brass shotgun shells or single shot 22s. Don't know any cougars, but it seems they only target irresponsible joggers in those funny silk shorts, so they may qualify.

Go
                    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                      wow... smart fox. We have problems with their cousins here in OH. Coyote populations have gone up quite a bit around here.

Mark, 223? 22-250 (chamber looks a little small for that)
                      I'm not sure as I borrowed the picture from another web site. I would guess it is something in the 223 through 240 varmint round.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
                        I do not agree. I think that some wild game should be allowed open season on lawyers and politicians. Maybe we could start by turning some of the state capitols in hunting preserves. I would go for a bill to make NC the first one!! From the news it seems to me like the vermin population here needs some culling and control harvesting!!
                        As a start, fox, wild turkey, and porpoise should be allowed to buy firearms and ammo. Until the rest can prove responsibility and character (ex: there's that groundhog named Phil who lies as badly as any politician, and field rats will steal the food off your plate faster than a lawyer, etc), they should be limited to lo-brass shotgun shells or single shot 22s. Don't know any cougars, but it seems they only target irresponsible joggers in those funny silk shorts, so they may qualify.

Go
                        Let's limit the lawyer hunting to PI Attorneys as I don't work for many of those.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X