Craftsman Return

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsman Return

This year I returner about 4 tools to Sears. I have owned Craftsman tools for 38 years now. I have returned about 8 or 10 tools total in all of the years I have owned them. I had two tower tool boxes full of hand tools.I sole 90% of my hand tools because of the hard time I got from Sears when I went to return a tool that costs less than $15.00 max. Today I went to return another tool and yes I got a run around again! I had to go to two sears to get a replacement. I just don't understand what happened to the LIFETIME WARRANTY? I told them at the register to look at my purchases in there computer. They just do not care anymore. I went to my local NAPA and purchased all of my hand tools. I had to make a purchase every two weeks for almost six months now. I used a socket in my impact gun and destroyed the socket. I took it to NAPA and gave it to them and they gave me a replacement with no questions asked. I like this. I will never purchase anything at sears again.

Re: Craftsman Return

Did you go and use a chrome plated "Hand" socket with an impact wrench? I sure hope not as the cost for the socket is nothing next to what could have happened to you for doing so.

Comment

one of my most important tubing cutters i found at sears a few years ago.

it's a close quarters ratcheting tubing cutter. takes a few tries to get used to it. anyways, it was at the point of being worn out and last week i was at sears.

just grabbed a new one and put it on the counter with my old one. sure i had $70.00 worth of other purchases too, but the salesman on commission had no problem or issues swapping this out.

i showed this new cutter to my buddy steve and he was impressed with it.

i also bought a new crescent style speed wrench that i think will be on my best of list i will be giving it a work out and if it's up to par, i will fill you in. p.s. it's not a craftsman

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Never had a problem with Sears. Took my helper there one time to switch out his tape measure which didn't retract well. The salesman didn't want to take take it because it wasn't broken. Robert(just remembered his name Adam) put it on the floor and stomped on it and cracked the case. Salesman said "now it's broke" and switched tape measures.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Sears hasnt been returning tape measures anymore for about a year now. Once you get the Red cased one you are done. I still have 2 yellows, and one needs to be replaced, but I havent had it with me on the few occasions I go there anymore.

Ive never had a problem with other Craftsman tools though.

Comment

The Sears Hardware Store did not want to swap my pliers for the Craftsman pliers with a warranty instead he wanted to give me a pair without the warranty. I told him it was not what I purchased and he told me to go to another sears and see if they will help me. I went to a Sears at the mall and they upgraded my pliers because they did not have that one. I had a problem with my Ridgid cordless drill after over six months Home Depot exchanged it no questions! Sears Hardware had me go to another store to exchange my pliers. I purchased over $3500.00 in just hand tools and I have returned maybe $150.00 in all of the years I have owned them. This was a cheap $18.00 plier and they gave me a hard time.

Comment

I used to have problems at Sears all the time. Seems that there is some unwritten clause that states if the tool is used professionally they do not have to honor the warranty, I was an automotive technician for many years. Any time I took something back in my work uniform they would give me a hard time. Seems the secret for me was blue jeans and if needed, tell them you use it at home. If all else fails point out the word "UNCONDITIONALLY" in their guarantee statement. That usually does the trick when all else fails.
              ________
              Vaporizer wholesaler
              Last edited by newtowood; 02-11-2011, 12:03 AM.
              It is amazing how long it takes to complete a project you are not working on!

Comment

Plumber Rick I used a Napa Evercraft Chrome socket in the impact to remove and rotate my tires on my 2005 F350. I had a crack down the side. I did this to see if Napa would exchange it. They did and I purchased a complete set of crows feet in metric and sae. My impact sockets got a rest that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                  Did you go and use a chrome plated "Hand" socket with an impact wrench? I sure hope not as the cost for the socket is nothing next to what could have happened to you for doing so.
                  Originally posted by skirk55 View Post
                  Plumber Rick I used a Napa Evercraft Chrome socket in the impact to remove and rotate my tires on my 2005 F350. I had a crack down the side. I did this to see if Napa would exchange it. They did and I purchased a complete set of crows feet in metric and sae. My impact sockets got a rest that day.
                  i'm the one with the milk shake
                  woussko is the one that lives in the woussko hut
                  no problem though

then there is the new guy. "the other rick"

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by newtowood View Post
                    I used to have problems at Sears all the time. Seems that there is some unwritten clause that states if the tool is used professionally they do not have to honor the warranty, I was an automotive technician for many years. Any time I took something back in my work uniform they would give me a hard time. Seems the secret for me was blue jeans and if needed, tell them you use it at home. If all else fails point out the word "UNCONDITIONALLY" in their guarantee statement. That usually does the trick when all else fails.
                    That is true about not being used professionally. Seems weird that they would bother to ask though, I never did.

If you want to get yo way with Sears, start asking for management above the store level. No store manager wants to deal with a district manager over minor things like tools.

Comment

When I went into Sears with my wife because I have been known to purchase $$$$ on my own and forgot to clear it with the Boss. When the salesperson did not help us I asked to see the manager. He was worse than the salesperson! He was very short and told us to go to another Sears and then just walked away. My wife told me to throw the pliers in the trash and go to Home Depot and get a new one. We walked out and I will NEVER GO TO SEARS AGAIN.

Comment

That milkshake looks very good

Comment

Originally posted by skirk55 View Post
                          My wife told me to throw the pliers in the trash and go to Home Depot and get a new one. We walked out and I will NEVER GO TO SEARS AGAIN.
                          Problem is that Im seeing is that HD doesnt have nearly the mechanical tools selection that Sears does, unless you buy a kit. Husky tools are also lifetime warrantied but if HD doesnt stock them "you better start looking for that paddle, before you go up the creek" Many of the few loose sockets HD has are on clearance now. I dont know the future plans though.

Comment

We just got a new Home Depot in our area and wow what a tool department. They have the biggest selection of tools Power and Hand tools. They do not have the selection of hand tools that a larger sears has but the return policy is much better. I am sick of trying to swap a tool at sears with there lifetime warranty.

Comment

If I were treated that way by my Sears, I doubt I'd go back either. But the two local Sears I frequent have been surprisingly good, and I'm finding myself looking more and more at their sales. They've got huge tool selection that includes a lot of junk, but some of their newer machinery is really good. Ya just need to do some research up front to find out who makes it.

One rule I adhere to when dealing with a business....if it's to my advantage to do business with them, I will. Businesses are only as good as the people and policies...since both change periodically, I don't usually permanently write off any business....if it's to my advantage to patronize them.

Comment

Working...
                              X