Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenox Tools anyone else use them?? What do u think of them?

I was all happy with Kline tools and Ridgid tubeing cutters for hvac work....then I start hitting the pluming supply house as a helper and started looking at Lenox stuff.....So for I picked up 2 tubeing cutters and a 6-1 screwdriver...to go with the sazall blades I've been very happy with for the last year...I've been realy impressed with the tubeign cutters and 6-1....Even looing hard at their pipe wrenches. Just seems like Lenox makes some high quality tools....a little pricy for us gophers...but very nice.

Sooo anyone else u Lenox tools, blades, torches??? what do u all think of them?

thanks all.

Re: Lenox Tools anyone else use them?? What do u think of them?

I always loved the lenox recip saw blades, seemed to last longer than anything else. I also love their utility knife blades--the gold ones. I found when using them to cut vinyl window flanges down they stayed sharp WAY longer, but they cost way more too. Now I stick with the regular stanley ones because I need a brand new tip more often than I used to. They are a more disposable price.
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Lennox sawzall and hacksaw blades the best for me for many years now.

Rick and Ben(Gear Junkie) like the newer one tooth hole saws.

Ben just recently helped me significantly improve drilling in steel studs.The product made by Lennox is a hole saw that is very shallow compared to the deep 1-1/2 ones that "cookies" are a pain to get out.These have a spring assist on the pilot to push the cookie out even further.Best of all they are a aggresive smaller number of teeth that are Carbide.3 seconds through steel studs.

He said it was even more impressive comparing to anything else drilling stainless steel.

I easily have $300-$400 in blades and bits alone.Good money making tools.

Comment

One of my clients was the Lenox Distributor on the West coast. When we worked at his home or rentals we would barter for Lenox stuff. It worked out well for us as we were our regular price and he traded at wholesale.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I have the Lenox fixed blade utilty knife.I love it!!!!!!!! The blades are good too.

Comment

Can't beat the Lenox sawzall & hacksaw blades. I have a stock pile of the Lenox 614R's.
            Their Holesaws are great too.

Ridgid pipe wrenches for me all the way.

TurboTorch regulators and tips all the way.

I don't plan to try any Lenox torches or pipe wrenches.

You can't beat the Ridgid Aluminum End Wrenches.

Their utility knife blade doesn't seem any more sharper than a Stanley, the main part of the blade may last longer, but like Woodenstickers said "you need the sharper tip more often than anything".

Tracy
            sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

Comment

I've been saying since I got here that lenox makes the best tubing cutters. I also agree with the gold utility blades. I laughed at the price at first but after trying them, they are worth every penny. Haven't tried their MC and B tank setup. Not sure if I like it. The handle and regulator are combined so you're lifting the tank with what looks to be the weakest link.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                I've been saying since I got here that lenox makes the best tubing cutters. I also agree with the gold utility blades. I laughed at the price at first but after trying them, they are worth every penny. Haven't tried their MC and B tank setup. Not sure if I like it. The handle and regulator are combined so you're lifting the tank with what looks to be the weakest link.
                Their saw blades, etc. are great. The line of Chinese built hand tools they are distributing are junk.
                the dog

Comment

I have one of their 10" aluminum pipe wrenches but it's design is not friendly to the hands like a ridgid is.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I pick Lenox for band saw bands (metal cutting - not wood), hole saws, reciprocating saw blades and hacksaw blades.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                      I have one of their 10" aluminum pipe wrenches but it's design is not friendly to the hands like a ridgid is.
                      humm this got my attintion...was actualy looking hard at gettign a few lenox pipe wrenches....I have 2 dare I say it...harbor freight 18In ones I use for when doing gas furnace instalation...takeing 1 pipe off..putting one on....sometimes on water heaters (with adult supervision)....soo was thinking about picking up 2 24in lenox.....might have to rethink that one.

Anyone else tryed the lenox pipe wrenches??

Comment

Working...
                      X