Anyone know the scoop on Tru-tv?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know the scoop on Tru-tv?

It's formerly Court TV but it's due to change names tuesday.

I'm thinking why would they screw up a good thing, knowing the name is so well known?

Lawyers, lawsuits I'm afraid.

I think that the name connotated something that causes a distortion or complication to the judicial/court system that denotes similarity or same-likeness to the court system.

Since it is for entertainment purposes, this changes the relation of activities, since it is "actual" court proceedings.

I'm thinking this is just a guess because why else would they bother?

Also, the trailers for "Most Shocking" was showing that parked car with the FED-EX trailer coming into view and crashing on the expressway;

They've been running that commercial for weeks and now in the past few days, they etch out the words Fed-ex off the site of the trailer.

Who do you think had a card in that move, Fed-ex or UPS figuring it was free advertising for fed-ex....in a non discriminate way.

I'll admit that I'm a forensics buff and the tv is usually tuned to it almost all the time. That's why I noticed these latest changes and thought that maybe these changes are all legal ones for reasons of complaints, not by personal choices of the network.

Gotta be politically correct!
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Anyone know the scoop on Tru-tv?

It is probably because they could not make enough money at court stuff and the name RealityTV was already taken.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Re: Anyone know the scoop on Tru-tv?

Without a doubt Fed-Ex.Anytime someone else uses your name......

Comment

Working...
      X