It's been 22 hours......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's been 22 hours......

Quit cold turkey Labor Day 2004. First couple days was tough but after that it gets easier every day.

Don't give up Ben...Can DO!!
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I have 2 left....I feel that as the time nears I am on death row awaiting my sentance.........

GREAT JOB BEN!!!

I will be on the boat later tonight, tomarrow is all about closing out the year, filing, quickbooks entering and close outs, lots of fun with no smoking!!!!!

I am proud of you, You have my number....not that you don't use it
      already

Happy New Year Ben and the rest of you!!!
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

"I feel that as the time nears I am on death row awaiting my sentance........."

Actually, it's quite the opposite, you are only hours away from beginning to live again free of the stranglehold that tobacco has on you.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

9 days later and I feel alot better. The day after smoking I was coughing something fierce to the point where it felt like a hernia every time I coughed. The coughing has now slowed but I'm coughing up blood now. But somehow in 9 days, I've managed to gain 14 lbs. I now weigh 264. I expected this so no big deal but you still don't like to see this. Going to up my gym routine and get down to a solid 258-when I was in the best shape of my life. I had the body of a god-Buddha was a god.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Robert and Greg, don't you two want to post how your delusional states of nicotine deprived episodes are going?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              Robert and Greg, don't you two want to post how your delusional states of nicotine deprived episodes are going?
              they are probably out back smoking right now

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                Haven't you noticed Ben,
                They have hardly posted these last two days their hands are shaking so bad

Comment

Good job Ben just keep it up.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Coughing up blood? better go see your fugly doctor again

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                      Coughing up blood? better go see your fugly doctor again

Nah, just tell him to eat Cheetos, he'll be fine. That's what happened to me afterwards as well, all food tastes good.

That's why I'm 483 pounds now. I can almost heat the back room with flatuence alone. Global warming? Blame me, I don't care.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

very good Ben keep going
                        the blood is from all tar peeling off your lungs

i did it cold turkey 17yrs a go and i'm happy i did it
                        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/