X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been 22 hours......

since my last smoke. I've had a headache since this morning and want to beat someone up. My sense of smell is coming back so I can smell cigarette in my truck which makes my headache worse. I sit in a corner on a chair rocking back and forth with sweat coming off my brow as I want, need that sweet hit of nicotine. But it's gone. The perfectly rolled tobacco filled drag of heaven can never again touch my lips. Marlboro Man knows this and is self destructing my body as the hours pass, hoping I will break down and buy just one more pack. But we can never be together again.

The saga continues.......
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: It's been 22 hours......

wowwww!!!!

Good job!!

Hmmm why don't you just start eating snacks..pretzels or have something in your mouth to kick the habbit...popcorn?

Go on a treadmill..

Keep busy go take your wisdom teeth out..
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

The cold turkey king!!!!
      You're much more ambitious than I.

Go for it Ben,Whoop some A$$

I mean the cigarettes

Comment

Ben,

I hope you can pull it off as it is important for you and your family. The physical part only last 72 hours but the desire can last for years. Just look at your little kids every time you have the urge to find one last smoke and if that won't help you quit nothing will.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Congrats - I "cheated" and used Chantix but still, after 4 mos. find the urge to light one up there at times...
          It is a hard road to travel, but I wish you the best of luck...

Comment

Hang in there Ben.

Think of all the money you can save for a trip back to the home land.

Tracy
            sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

Comment

Take this advice for what it's worth

Quitting cold turkey is going to create some horrible physical side effects.

I went on the patch the same time I was trying to smoke, kept trying to smoke on the patch and it would make me literally ill.

The longer that patch stayed on......the less I desired to smoke, then I slowly started lessening my use of the patch until I could make it a few 3/4 days without its need.

That's how it worked for me; I've seen people really get all messed up quitting cold turkey, and in a bad way.

If you can manage it, do it but expect sleepless nights for a while.

I still don't see how I quit; the ingredients are designed solely to keep you hooked. I believe tobacco by itself isn't that addicting. :idunno:
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Ben,

Don't get psyched out. I went Cold Turkey from four packs a day and after the first 72-hours the physical part was over.

Mark

Comment

No Ben don't listen to Mark,Listen to Dunbar.

It's horrible Man.Your hair is going to fall out and your wife is not going to recognise you after a cold shower.
                  Ben......Believe me..............Ben,I'm wearing a wig for goodness sake.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post

It's horrible Man.Your hair is going to fall out and your wife is not going to recognise you after a cold shower.
                    Wow that is one great wig.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post

Ah Ha, i knew it...and here the whole time i thought you were going for the Fabio look...silly me ....Nobody has hair that perfect

Just messin with ya buddy...you left yourself open for that one
                      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

WTG Benny Boy!

I hope this will be another success story for the Forum smokers.

From what I hear the worst part is day 1-3. After that it gets a little easier but don't become weak.

"You Can Do It Mon"

Comment

4 months of smoke free for me Ben, tomorrow. Its a ***** to quit, but the results are incredible. I started with sun flower seeds the went to sugar fee Jolly Rancher hard candy, the candy was better and taste great. WTG, keep up the mentality of wanting to quit, and you'll do it........ GOOD LUCK!!!!!
                          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Ben,

WHATEVER IT TAKES!!! Stick with it Ben... let them go, give them up, and live better and longer, for the pain will eventually pass.

Just keep thinking that that all this pain that you are suffering is the fault of those "cigarettes"! So don't let them get the best of you. You're a better man than what they have tried to make of you and you can't let them win.

And remember too, that the pain that you have now, is nothing compared to what you will be facing years from now, if you give in. Now you are young and strong enough to handle this, but know that in the future, you'll be less strong and then your family will have to shoulder the burden, while watching you waste away! Stay strong and direct your anger at the cigarettes that you will defeat.

CWS

Comment

i quitr cold, but i wrote a note with 10 reasons i need to quit, and every time the ugre hit i would read thoses reasons, after all if you have the time to lightem you have the time to read the note, ben good luck to you.
                              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
                              X