X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Phone

Anyone own an I Phone?? if so , how is it talking on there?? How is the web access?? slow, fast?? just looking for the some feedback if anyone has one, was thinking about getting one
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Re: I Phone

I've got the ipod touch so almost the same thing without the phone. Internet access really depends on the quality of the wireless signal you are getting. I have only browsed the web using a wireless network connection and not cellular service.

Overall impression of the ipod touch. Very cool and well designed device. I am curious to see if anyone on here has an iphone yet. The people I have talked to that have Iphones are very happy with them.

Josh

Comment

IPod touch has internet access as well?? Hmm ive never even heard of it ...
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

I got the iPhone in November. From my point of view, it's the most useful phone I've ever owned. It even got used at camp as an alarm clock along with a music player. The web browser definitely depends on the wireless signal. Here at the house and at a few coffee shops and other places it's great. There's a few spots where the Edge network is pretty decent too. And that's out here in the boonies! Basically, I can check my email now no matter where I am as long as I have some cell or wireless signal.

There are some pretty wifty features in it, too. The maps widget does have a traffic section that is updated frequently in major metropolitan areas (such as DC and the beltway). The stocks widget is ok, but .... well, lately I try and avoid that one! There's a very nice weather widget that lets you put in multiple cities. So I know the weather here, and where my parents are and In-Laws, etc. I mentioned the clock function, but it's got a lot more nifty things than just alarm and time. It also has countdown timers (ala kitchen timer), and a stopwatch. The time function will let you set multiple time zones (like all, if that's what you want). It's also got a calendar, and a text chat function. The Notes thing works pretty well, too. It does have a camera. It's kind of cruddy and hard to steady, but it does work. The YouTube widget is kinda nifty to have. I suppose it's much more useful to the younger set, though.

Safari runs pretty good. Most sites I can navigate pretty easily. I have even been able to post a couple things here using it. It takes a little bit to get used to it, but it's really pretty intuitive. Pinch your fingers together to make things smaller, and do the opposite to make things bigger. Scroll around sites by "pushing" the pages around. You can open multiple pages and have them there next time you open Safari. It's relatively fast, depending on the service. Sometimes Edge network can be frustratingly slow, but generally it's a last-ditch that's-all-you-got kind of thing and you really need to look at that email or web page.

All in all, I love my iPhone. I carry it everywhere, and it's actually a useful device instead of just an annoying phone ringing in your pocket.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I have sprints ppc6700. It is like iphone.it is like compouter..has start menu.oulook,excel..etc.. it has stylus that come sfrom he antena or you can use your fingers.

Has infrared so i won't need my supra key when showing homes..jus a pin that u type into my cell and it will unlock the other box where they key is.

It has outlook express and slot for the card..windows player etcd

Comment

Now on either of these phones..the i phone, or MrsWestcoasts phone, does if have the option to connect to your computer using Outlook so you can import your contacts and schedules?? Calendar option??

Comment

How much $$$ to be on the internet? I checked here a, while before the Iphone, and they charged something like $1 a minute with a $5 min plus they used your plan minutes at the same time.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                Now on either of these phones..the i phone, or MrsWestcoasts phone, does if have the option to connect to your computer using Outlook so you can import your contacts and schedules?? Calendar option??
                I imported my contacts and schedule from my Mac. I don't know about importing from PC Outlook. But, according to the info, it will connect and download contacts/calendar from your PC's Outlook. It'll even import all the email settings so you don't have to manually set them up on your phone. The calendar function in the iPhone is really handy.

I got a family plan on the phone, so network minutes to access websites are included. I think it's around 700 minutes/mo for data, and that doesn't impact the phone minutes. The bills haven't been out of line, so we haven't gone over our allotments. Those minutes are only for "Edge Network" useage. Most of the time, I'll only use email and web when I have a decent wireless network connection. The data minutes are only when you're using the Edge network, not when you're on a wireless connection.
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Thanks for the info...how is the MP3 Player??

Comment

Yes,it has the usb cable that comes with it...

also the pda palm phone that rob has the same option..you connect the usb..click the button and it transfers picts,contacts,calendar and other stuff...

Not sure how much my phone is with the new contarct these days..we got it last christmas..cause we counted on my real estate career..like if i'm on the run..and cannot bring laptop with me..i quicly transfer it to my files onto my phone for my clients..that was the main reason and other features too..i can work in outlooks,excel etc if i'm at the doctors waiting etc....

last year we got it withought new contract cause i didnt qualify for it so we have to buy it new..it was like $700 i think and robert was a bit less..

i think it is so much less these days..i highly reccomend mine...oh i even have a photo labum with slide shows..panoramic view,landscape etc...and camera is excelnet on it..dont even need a separate camera.

Comment

Thanks for the info...how is the MP3 Player??

oh i have wi fi too...so when i'm bored i hook up to someoneelses network. or if i need it if i'm driving or waiting in the car..target has unsecure network..free of charge:0

Comment

some more picts..i'm really obssesed with how my hpoine is good is so i do recommend

Comment

I must say Zeljka, your very persistant Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                          X