Table saw back fence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table saw back fence

Just began using the Ridgid cast iron 10" table saw and really like it. Have an open question about the back fence guide. Should it portrude the same distance out from the table as the front fence guide? A factory alignment mark on the back guide seems to align with the cross cut table slot, but that steals about 12" from the fence-to-blade width, thus shortening the width of my rips...

I have checked every pic available in the manual, on line, etc. Not one show the back fence gude in a way that I can tell. oir maybe I am just looking in the wrong place.

Anyboddy know?

Jim e
    Last edited by jime; 01-01-2008, 03:48 PM. Reason: couple mess ups...

Re: Table saw back fence

Look at the illustration at the bottom of page 32 in the manual. (its the section titled "Installing Rear Fence Guide Bar" and is explained in paragraph 6.) The alignment mark (manual calls it an indicator mark) is supposed to be directly behind the blade (not the miter slot). This will result in the right side of the rear fence extending out about 4" less than the front. The front fence has to be longer to accomodate the alignment "T" on the front of the fence so you are not losing any fence movement capacity.

Hope this helps. Congrats on the new saw

Go
    Last edited by Gofor; 01-01-2008, 06:37 PM.
    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

what the heck are you guys talking about?
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Installing the rear rail that the fence rides on. From jime's post, it appears that he installed it too far to the left, so it limited how far he could move the fence to the right.

Go
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Jime, try the woodworking section next time you have a question like this. Nothing wrong with posting here but you'll get more responses with your thread in the other section.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
          X