What did you see today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What did you see today?

I agree with Frankie - synthetics are the way to go. I was a big user of Mobil 1 and Syntec for years but now I use Amsoil synthetics throughout my vehicles and other machinery - easier to source the other fluids rather than looking locally. Big difference in the glycol antifreeze as well - noticed a difference in my air conditioning and heater in the winter. They have an octane boost and engine cleaner that brought my 18 year old Craftsman snowblower back to life. Will all the darn snow this year, the blower has been getting greased quite regularly............
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
      I agree with Frankie - synthetics are the way to go. I was a big user of Mobil 1 and Syntec for years but now I use Amsoil synthetics throughout my vehicles and other machinery - easier to source the other fluids rather than looking locally. Big difference in the glycol antifreeze as well - noticed a difference in my air conditioning and heater in the winter. They have an octane boost and engine cleaner that brought my 18 year old Craftsman snowblower back to life. Will all the darn snow this year, the blower has been getting greased quite regularly............
      Tinmack, Amsoil is top shelf not cheap but worth every penny. I've been using their 2cycle synthetic mix for years and all my chainsaws and other small engines have held up very well. Too many products to talk about, just wish they were a bit less costly.

Comment

One of the harder tub faucet reworks from old to new style.

One of you all might know this brand; looks like the mobile home style faucet where the spout is in the middle with a handle on each side, the tub spout is like 3 pounds of brass and has fine threads on almost a 2" pattern.

No way I could rework the valve and spout all in that small area so I went up about 2.5' on the wall and installed the valve at a normal height for showers.

This was a very long day, part of the wall crumbled with the tile breaking outside my dedicated cut.

The customer, twice saw this monster of a mess and I could tell the concern of both her and her daughter...

What's great is the 3rd time they witnessed the bathroom,

All the dust was removed,

Valve was installed

trim plates were installed

tile was repaired

Was just putting the finishing touches on it and she was astounded on how well it turned out. People get real uncomfortable when they see holes bashed in their tile walls, wondering if what I did was correct or not.

Had multiple dilemmas on this install as well; stud was in the way at the shower valve, idiot blocking was put in just for a stupid access door on the back side that proved useless to me as I forgot the customer telling me it existed.

Doesn't matter though; I ran 3 1/2" copper lines through the slot that was dedicated for the shower head supply line only.

It's done, it looks really good figuring I did some masterpiece repairing of one full tile and one partial to get it looking good again, everyone is pleased.

I'll take pictures, no way this would be done with pex.

Cleaning up almost everything in that room made that woman's day, knowing she's been cleaning that room for the past 50 years.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Idiot!

What did I see today?

How well my Tater Truck *parade truck* can smash in the front end of my plumbing truck. Dammit!

Probably did around $1500 damage.......hood is destroyed, the nose and fender is salvageable.

Tried back up on a narrow turn and caught the corner of my plumbing rig.

Gotta guy who will most likely barter for me for some plumbing. Tis good.

At least now I got a reason to drive up on sidewalks and kill cats again. Wooooohooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

No pain no shame!

Comment

Bad bad news

Well......something to be said about paying attention on the road:

Looked down for a second.....looked back up and was extremely left of center and demolished another car.

Skinned the entire vehicle and tore out the axle, pushed it where the guy's back tire was in the center of his rear bumper.

I just picked up steel for my other truck and didn't realize I pulled the steering wheel left.

Older fellow, startled completely...

no blood, no injury......he was the only one in the vehicle.

His vehicle was a Jeep....absolutely totalled....scrap metal at this point.

My truck suffered somewhere in the nature of 8 grand and

broke the steering assembly,

broke the winshield

broke my side mirror

peeled off my left front fender

destroyed my front bumper

and a slew of other things.......and what's not good?

Neither one of our air bags deployed in the impact.

I came to a stop on the extreme left side of road.....

He skidded and travelled 200'.......stayed upright thank god. Both of us were wearing seatbelts.

When the accident happened, I barely felt it.....nothing at all. Of course, I'm 10,000 pounds in my truck so I'm practically a battering ram if I hit someone.

It could of been so much freaking worse.........so glad he was okay.

All I had happen to me? Slightly broken fingernail. Now I'm a freakin endorsement for UHAUL!!!!

2-4 weeks without a ride..........gotta figure out how I'm getting to elryia wihout selling the family jewels.

If there was kids in the vehicle or the vehicle rolled...........I wouldn't be on here.....I'd be devastated.

Comment

That certainly counts as a bad day.

Comment

Glad your all right.

Comment

The airbags probably didn't go off because you weren't going fast enough or the point of impact wasn't hard enough or in the right spot.

Glad to hear there was only property damage-that is the replaceable stuff!
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Thanks for concerns/well wishes.

Still pictures/video of my truck.......going to find out where the other vehicle is sitting so I can take video...

Watching nascar however for years has had a numbing effect in regards to the devastation factor.

Comment

Hang in there guy. It's time to make lemonade.
                      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

close one! Glad you and the other driver are o.k.
                        Didn't you just back you truck into your other truck the other day?
                        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

At least you don't have to worry about the bumper and hood damage of the 14th.
                          "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

I'm sorry Dunbar.I agree,it coulda been a lot worse.It ain't easy,but you'll get through this.Glad the both of you are alright.Hate to see anything happen to a good one.

Comment

Once again, thanks for all the well wishes. Here's the video of the damage on my truck, and no, there were no cats harmed in the making of this video.

We just got done eating fried chicken and they was circling the wagons on us thinking we was a meal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLm_hVtNJ9U

Comment

A beautiful view from the parking lot where the open house was.

mrs. wc
                                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                                X