X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you see today?

I'd figure I'd start a catch-all thread regarding weird, odd, shocking things that you witnessed in the course of the day. I spend a lot of hours in my work truck. Doesn't matter if it's amazing or not, just post it. Guaranteed to start a conversation depending on the situation.

I'll start;

First call....First hose bibb I've ever seen blow apart back at the seat assembly, almost 8" inside the home where it was insulated. Ice just forced it back to a fine threaded assembly, water ran profusely for 3 hours till the husband got home. The well pump certainly got a workout.

Trip to HVAC supply house....got to witness a dead man standing, literally. A fellow apparently leaned up against the wall near a job site, died. No one was paying attention to him. Guys were watching along with me as the coroner arrived. Looked like a human popsicle as he was in a fixed position when they moved him from the wall. Should of caught it on video with my phone but we was struck by the moment to care.

Second call.....usually when you see a wreck, you don't expect to a huge rollback, a vehicle designed to pick up cars involved in the wreck. This one must of been a hard crash as it shortened the width of the mini-van where the rollback collided with it. 3 other cars not still touching each other were damaged as well. More than just a fender bender.

That's all I got unless I find something strange in the bottom of my chicken fried rice container.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: What did you see today?

The car directly in front of me rear ended the guy in front of him just coming off of the bay bridge. I stopped in time.
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

looked across 26miles of ocean to see the Channel Islands every time I looked over my shoulder while venting out a custom on the beach,72 degrees by the way

Whatched an entourage of eight stack blocks under the homeowners tukuss for 45 min. to find the correct elevation for the master tub so she could see out the window and see the islands while bathing.Why do they always have to do this in my work area,the house is huge.And they never quit with the cackling.

Comment

During a routine heat check I found a team of highly intellegent roaches commander a thermostat and turn it up to 85 degrees. I called them hijackers but the tenant thinks they were just the engineers.

Comment

Earlier in the week in holiday traffic, I saw two guys get out of a car after the guy in front stopped short, they proceeded to gang up on him, punching and kicking...then sped off.

Comment

snaked out a den bathroom from the second floor roof top vent for the third time at this house in under a year.

at what point will the owner remember that baby wipes are not flushable.

my bill always states that they are not flushable.

my k-60 already knows where to look as i pull up to the door

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Was jetting and video inspecting large storm line that drained into a huge wooded area. Saw 3 Doe, 2, 10 point buck. Just walking around, minding their business...they didnt seem scared of us...We had a jet truck, and a Vac truck going at the same time. Super noisey, but they didnt mind.
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Red Lights in my rear view mirror

The Highway Patrol woman was being nice and gave me a warning only
                Last edited by drtyhands; 01-03-2008, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  Red Lights in my rear view mirror

The Highway Patrol woman was being nice and gave me a warning only
                  I get a kick outta folks exchanging tips on how to get out of a ticket.
                  I always just smile, shrug and openly admit what my speedometer read when I noticed them...has gotten me out of it because all day long they hear excuse after excuse and a little honesty is refreshing.

Comment

I look at drywall all day, and thats about it, boring eh.......
                    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I had one of those normal Southern California days. I left the house at around 5:30 AM to head down to San Clemente. As I past Anaheim I gave a little nod to Disneyland and then continued South. As traffic was light I stopped in at Mission San Juan Capistrano. As I got back on the 5 I had a really nice view of the Pacific Ocean and then went to my inspection.

On my way home I drove past Disneyland again and decided I needed to go to Knotts Berry Farm for their famous chicken meal for lunch. On the way to Knotts Berry Farm I passed Pirates' Dinner Adventures, Medieval Times, Ripley's Believe it or Not and Movieland Wax Museum. After lunch I headed North towards home and saw 9 police vehicles headed south bound with lights and sirens.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                        I get a kick outta folks exchanging tips on how to get out of a ticket.
                        I always just smile, shrug and openly admit what my speedometer read when I noticed them...has gotten me out of it because all day long they hear excuse after excuse and a little honesty is refreshing.
                        You nailed it,I knew I was at fault.I just gave her a smile of absolute understanding and gave her my docs.After she checked for wants and warrants she told me to slow down and she appreciated the politeness,not A$$ kissing,just respectfull of there position doing their job.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          You nailed it,I knew I was at fault.I just gave her a smile of absolute understanding and gave her my docs.After she checked for wants and warrants she told me to slow down and she appreciated the politeness,not A$$ kissing,just respectfull of there position doing their job.
                          Yeah that's what I do too.

Mark

Comment

I tell em my blood sugar's dropping and I got no candy .

First words before they say anything, "DO YOU HAVE ANY CANDY OR GUM???!!!!"

Usually that gets some immediate attention and they consider it a health issue. I've also used the notion that I ran out of medication and I'm trying to get home asap.

That didn't help two holiday seasons ago when I was clocked 98 in a 55. I just got my turbo diesel and between 40 and 100 that truck is a rocket.

First speeding ticket in years, told the police officer that I was long overdue. He dropped the ticket to below 26 miles over and kept me from a hearing.

Opted for state traffic school and saw 4 of my high school buddies in there.

Paaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrtaaayyyyyy!!! Had a blast and picked on idiots who drive in the slow lane.

I do truly have low blood sugar. I'm sure they could make it difficult for me in that situation if they felt inclined to keep me off the road.

Just don't be drooling on your chest, having snack cake crumbs on your shirt or in your moustache; they won't buy the low blood sugar excuse.
                            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

When you have a Police Officer son and a Highway Patrol son your odds are much better of getting out of a ticket. However, when Brenda tried it after getting a ticket for being in the number 1 lane with a trailer she still got a ticket.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X