X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't be like me

This is for all the simple innocent mistakes we've made that hopefully someone else won't repeat once reading this.

I was putting in my pipe rack on the truck and needed to drill some holes. Drilled the holes, swept the top of the truck off and didn't think anything else of it. 3 days later it rained and my truck finish had these small little rust stains from the metal particulates when I was drilling. Pressure washing did nothing. I had to use a clay bar to clean my finish up. Then I had to wax the truck since I used the claybar. Should've used my dropcloth that did me a lot of good sitting inside the truck but I like to do things the hard way.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Don't be like me

Don't bother using a dropcloth when your welding on your lumber rack while it's on the truck,it still burns through and melts your glass

Did it years ago,thank goodness it was on my vehicle.

Comment

Re: Don't be like me

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      Don't bother using a dropcloth when your welding on your lumber rack while it's on the truck,it still burns through and melts your glass

Did it years ago,thank goodness it was on my vehicle.
      For those who remember George Skaug (Skaug Truck Bodies) he installed a new rack on one of my truck bodies and when I picked up the truck the windshield was pull of metal which had melted into my wind shield. As we didn't have time for the truck to be down we took it the way it was but it sure was hard on wiper blades.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
      X