X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that make you say.....Ah Crap!

You know when something is going to get bad or uncomfortable. Here are a few that make me say "Ah Crap!"

Wife saying "We need to talk"

Pulling a lid on a toilet and seeing a blue tablet goo everywhere.

Customers that say "Oh, I have a couple things I want to talk to you about before you leave."

Customers that say "I think the nut is just loose."

Now lets here yours....
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Re: Things that make you say.....Ah Crap!

boss/owner saying "u got a minute?"

My teeneagers calling "just to say I love you"....or hugging me....I think Im going to get some withdrawl slips from the bank and just hand it to them when they do

As the helper....the Plumer going " Ill let u handle this job" to see how u do...after they checked it out.

1/2 mile from customers house and that little voice going....did I load X back into the truck.

ANYONE askimg me if I got any plans for this weekend. 99.999999% chance they are not inviteing me to a keg party with the swedish bikini team....IF co-worker...will u take my on call. IF family usaly involves moveing furniture..fixing their car or AC unit...for FREE.

Comment

Seeing the schools phone number pop up on my caller ID (Kids)

My wife writing my "Things for Greg to do list"

Seeing people on I 95 using their reverse lights going backwards (traffic)

When the wife brings home Taco Bell

When i realized i used my last invoice, and have 1 more job to do
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

When I go to one of the suppliers I deal with only to find they have insane hours and are closed. This is always when I really need something they have in stock and need it right now.

Here's one that will really make you go *&^%$#@! in a rage. You are in a public restroom and you just got to take a good #2 but nowhere is there any toilet paper. Someone either made a huge mess or it simply ran out and wasn't restocked. They only have electric blower hand dryers so you can't find any paper towels either. Now what do you do?
        Last edited by Woussko; 01-06-2008, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
          When I go to one of the suppliers I deal with only to find they have insane hours and are closed. This is always when I really need something they have in stock and need it right now.

Here's one that will really make you go *&^%$#@! in a rage. You are in a public restroom and you just got to take a good #2 but nowhere is there any toilet paper. Someone either made a huge mess or it simply ran out and wasn't restocked. They only have electric blower hand dryers so you can't find any paper towels either. Now what do you do?
          That is cardinal sin #1 when using public restroom for #2. Always check for toilet paper before dropping the bomb

Unless they have bidets
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

When you are lying on the operating table and the surgeon says "oh crap".

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              When you are lying on the operating table and the surgeon says "oh crap".

Mark

LOL gotta agree with you on that one

When i had my knee operated on acouple years ago, i remember them wheeling me into the operating room. Then i saw the Dr who was going to operate...He had a headcover on that had Skull and Crossbones all over it

Woke up and leg was still there

Comment

A "friend" asking "you got a tow hitch"?

Pulling a toilet then dropping your ratchet down the pipe.

Wif asking "what you doing this weekend" after looking in the yard

Underneath a crawlspace and your battery dies and you're 5 min from being done.

You're typing the most incredible post ever seen on the forum and you're almost done when the wif turns the microwave on, tripping the beaker.

Haven't gotten a call all week and the phone rings and the person says "just trying figure out how much this'll cost"

You go to the doctor and after he looks at you, he gets his colleages to have a gander at you and they discuss feverishley and consult a book 6" thick. This one is not made up.

Seeing red lights in your rear view mirror.

Drilling a well and dropping something down the hole. Actually waterwell drilling period.

Those in the military will understand this:

1. A Private saying, "I learned this in Basic..."
                2. A Sergeant saying, "Trust me, sir..."
                3. A Second Lieutenant saying, "Based upon my experience..."
                4. A Captain saying, "I was just thinking..." 5. A Warrant Officer chuckling, "Watch this $#!+..."
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

"Seeing people on I 95 using their reverse lights going backwards (traffic)"

or on the Blue Route, always a fun trip in the afternoon. I've come closer to death on that road more times than I want to remember. Totally crazy drivers on there.

Ever view the underside of a Jeep Cherokee 50 feet in front of you (side view no less) while traveling down the road at 50 MPH. The thing was up on two wheels, the two left wheels that is and almost ready to roll over right in front of me. I was driving my '96 ImpalaSS which was less than 6 months old and < 5000 miles on it.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                    "Seeing people on I 95 using their reverse lights going backwards (traffic)"

or on the Blue Route, always a fun trip in the afternoon. I've come closer to death on that road more times than I want to remember. Totally crazy drivers on there.

Ever view the underside of a Jeep Cherokee 50 feet in front of you (side view no less) while traveling down the road at 50 MPH. The thing was up on two wheels, the two left wheels that is and almost ready to roll over right in front of me. I was driving my '96 ImpalaSS which was less than 6 months old and < 5000 miles on it.

Yes the Blue Route is very crazy...specially around Conshohocken...Heres on for you, i was traveling down the turnpike towards home (PA) and watched a tanker full of Diesel full come off the ramp from Norristown, hit the concrete median and flipped...All the fuel leaking out...I had to get my tire iron and bust out the window...couple there, we had to pull the driver out of the truck with all this deisel spilling out...I was so scared that it was going to ignite. The driver was conscience, but broken arm, blood everywhere....Hazmat was there as it was leaking off the TP and into a stream...That whole area, Norristown to the Blue Route CRAZY!!!!

Comment

[quote=gear junkie;114735]Seeing red lights in your rear view mirror.

What about calling 911 for a tire on the side of the road???

Sorry couldnt resist

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        A "friend" asking "you got a tow hitch"?
                        Originally posted by Evil Gopher View Post
                        ANYONE askimg me if I got any plans for this weekend.
                        And asking if your & your truck are available to help move something....
                        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Customer saying "I have a friend who used to be a plumber that says..."
                          Customer saying "I'll be doing the framing, just need you to install the 3 piece shower...I'm not a carpenter but I'm good with my hands."
                          Customer saying "The other plumber says he'll do it for $100 less...how much can you go down?"

Traffic, seeing the 18 yr old in the Hummer right behind you in moderate traffic slightly weaving in & out, you know he's waiting for the chance to leapfrog in front of you...because he's special and deserves to be ahead.
                          Yeah, I was 18 once too.

The homeowner who barrels into the supply, races in front of the plumbers, and not hearing the counter person explain there's a line.

Comment

"Traffic, seeing the 18 yr old in the Hummer right behind you in moderate traffic slightly weaving in & out, you know he's waiting for the chance to leapfrog in front of you...because he's special and deserves to be ahead. Yeah, I was 18 once too."

Depends, was it an H1, an H2, or a H3?

But seriously, I know the type, they just can't wait to pass you so they can turn a half mile up the road a second or two earlier.
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                            ---------
                            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                            ---------
                            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Finding out I have to drive through Palm Springs in the months of Nov through March (snowbirds in BIG white cars).
                              Being in the middle of something on the computer when the screen goes black because the baby just loves the little blue light on daddy's computer.
                              Hearing the wife say, "Honey, don't get mad, but..."
                              Realizing that my chicken scratches say 1 5/16" not 15/16".
                              ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X