X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonald's Gone Coo Coo

For many years McDonald's in my area has been known for quality control and having fast food ready fast. Anymore it seems they are always running out of popular items and not just at rush times. They are cutting items from their menu that I know darn well are good sellers. I've found this at several locations in my area. I personally never thought of them as a good eating place, but rather one where you can get something quick and for not too much $. I wonder if maybe the local managers are trying to send out a big message through us customers to boycott them. By cutting items and also running out of items and not making up more, this is sure to anger customers. No more do we know what to order until we ask "What do you have ready to eat" and then we end up with stuff we really didn't want. What we did want is "no more".

Have you noticed any changes at their locations in your area? My bet is that most of us on this forum do our best NOT to eat their food.

Re: McDonald's Gone Coo Coo

I try to avoid McD's if at all possible (would rather eat an AM/PM gut-buster cheeseburger.)
    Twice I've gone to a KFC to find out that they are "out of chicken".
    ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

I have cleaned my local McDonald's drain several times. I no longer eat McDonalds. Enough said.
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I seem to remember hearing that McD's is not in such great shape for maybe the past year. I would not be surprised if they were trimming down their menu. Eliminating items, even if popular, can reduce costs through lower number of inventory items to stock. And some items that may be popular as ever may not have a large a profit margin as other items. So if your bottom line is hurting you're gonna trim the items with less profit and concentrate on those that make money for ya.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

On those occasions where I, say, have eaten a pound of cheese and need something to get things out in a hurry, I eat McDonalds.
          With this news it appears I may have to resort to more conventional methods, like Ex-Lax.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
            With this news it appears I may have to resort to more conventional methods, like Ex-Lax.
            Hey Duck,

You want Fries with that?

Tracy
            sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

Comment

Originally posted by yasudaplumbing View Post
              Hey Duck,

You want Fries with that?

Tracy
              You n' that #$%#$^ bidet...hmmpph.

Comment

I haven't eaten fast food after seeing that movie about the guy who ate mcdonalds for a month. Almost killed him. Food that bad for you should taste better. If I'm out in town, I'll stop somewhere and get sushi.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                  You n' that #$%#$^ bidet...hmmpph.
                  I was thinking the EXACT same thing
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

My wife won't let me eat micky D's She wants me to stay alive, but on the rare occassion of sneakyness, I have not noticed anything different about the not real meat hamburgler joint
                    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Don't any of you guys have an IN-N-OUT Burger joint close by?

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
                        Don't any of you guys have an IN-N-OUT Burger joint close by?
                        NO! The real bad (only real bad) part of living on this coast is the complete and total lack of In-n-out Burger. I used to travel to S.F. a lot, and discovered this incredible purveyor of the most tastey burger and fries during those trips. I miss my I/O fix. I know they don't travel well, so I can't even have someone fedex me a burger!

Fortunately, they have come up with "5 Guys Burgers" out here. It's a very close approximation in terms of freshness. Good burgers, good fries. Don't get 'em to go.
                        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I miss Little Tavern. They had good burgers and more. It was a little sit down place with a counter. The trick was to ask them to "scratch" the burger which meant you wanted it made up fresh to order.

Comment

i miss gino's, remember them woussko?

i giant med fri lg starwberry shake was 2.45
                            mmmmmm and sooooo good.
                            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

OSC

I sure do remember Gino's. Have you ever heard of a fast food place called Tops? That may have been too long ago for you to remember. They had wonderful fried chicken as I remember, but no burgers. Anymore for quick food, I go to Arby's and sometimes Popeye's for chicken. McDonald's = barf time

Gino's used ground sirloin beef for their good burgers. No all fat and *** like the other places use.

Comment

Working...
                              X