Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whelp it looks like I'm now a HVAC tech / plumber.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whelp it looks like I'm now a HVAC tech / plumber.

Whelp it looks like I'm now a HVAC tech / plumber.

Like I've said on some post..been helping the plumbers out since its been slow....been leering all I can and decide to show a good faith effort and put tougher a "plumbers helper" tool bag...and picked up a few plumbing only tools...like a no hub wrench and maap gas torch.

Been part of a 2 man team doing a re-pipe yesterday and today...and tomorrow....sooo this morning was gathering up PEX fittings and such...warehouse guy ask owner if should issue me PEX crimpers since I've been doing so much plumbing work...owner said sure.

Soo having a smoke and waiting for others to sort out the plan of the day...owner simi-joking about me taking some on call for Plumbing since we got a plumber leavening....No problem I'll do it. Owner said we will see, but looks like I just moved from on call hvac to on call hvac/plumber.

Re: Whelp it looks like I'm now a HVAC tech / plumber.

Congratulations, but just because you have a set of pex crimpers doesn't consider you a full pledged plumber.

Do you happen to know the minimum size vent allowed for a kitchen sink?

Here, it's 1-1/4" but due to the price of the pipe, and fittings, it's just run as 1-1/2".

How many times can you branch off a 1/2" a water line before switching to 3/4"?

It would be 2 times, the 3rd fixture would then need to brought off a 3/4" water line.

I'm glad you've entered the plumbing side of your company. But be careful how you carry yourself. If you think you can handle anything, you might just be bought to the test, and then realize you still have alot to learn before calling yourself a 'plumber tech' or whatever your company calls you.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Actualy arron Im more like a plumers helper who IF needed will get to do the "fun jobs that real plumer do not want to do....with out adult supervision. And maybe get to be on call....something soooo many people love....especialy since we get no $$ for being on call...just paid for hours we work.

I kind of ment the post to be a little toung in cheak and not to imply Im a full blown master of the plumbing trade....like being told my hands seem to fit the shovel and jack hammer better than anyone elses in th shop.....down the road the ability to be trusted to do some of the more baisic task of plumbing side will mean more hours..thus $$ for me....But I also raalie that a set of pex crimpers and a few weeks of helping a plumer gives me just enoug knowledge too be dangrous......but not enought to warrent a pay raise .

Comment

I gotcha now. Well do what I did/still do, and will continue to do.

When those around you, either don't know ****, have already shared their knowledge, or won't share their knowledge, TEACH YOURSELF.
        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Working...
        X