X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Gopher walking :)

Sooo getting ready for night of security gopher....hit the books store...then hit Home Depot to pick up some paddle bits and look at a few back up power tools I really and truly need.

Wife poo is with me...I'm looking at a 1/2 hammer drill corded (a back up my DeWalt cordless).....then as I'm looking at my 18v XRP replacement batteries....$90 each...no 2 pack in stock....Sales lady comes up...can I help u.

Now 1 she's got a nice set of head lights....large ones...maybe 36V soooo I'm in love...so talking about batteries.....price and such....she mentions that Ryobi Big set is on clearance for not much more than 2 DeWalt Batteries....sooo she walks over to Ryobi display.....I of course follow out of kindness...just being polite....whelp wifee poo is mumbling something about how she's surprised the lady can walk up right and I need to quit staring...

Sooo sales lady starts showing me the Ryobi kit...then the Lithium Ion kit.....something abut a big breasted lady holding a sawzall and talking power tools was keeping my attention...and making me wish I was a sazall....Wifee poo is behind me and making it clear that she thinks I'm not paying attention to the tools at all....and that Ms MOOO COW boobies is flirting with me......

I guess a Women holding a 18V Lit Ion sawzall pulling the trigger and making it go in/out is a subtle flit.....but I'm sure she was just showing me the power of the tool.....sooooo finally wifeee pooo makes it clear that we need to get going....might havebeen the steam coming out of her ears...

Sooo as were walking to the car I mention that the Ryobi set is not much more than 2 18v XRP dewalt batteries....MAN TALK ABOUT setting wifee poo off!!!!!!!!!!

According to her me and the sale lady did every thing but jump on a forklift and have sex......and she seen the way I was looking at her "power tools"....of course being totally innocent I insist that I was just interested in the Ryobi reg vs. Lit Ion combination and think about the DeWalt batteries.....

In the end it seems that some how in the conversation with wifee poo I have now taken a Vow of celibacy and think I'm only allowed to go back to home depot ONLY with wifee poo and ONLY after she inspects the place first......but I think I'm going to have to check out that Ryobi display in the next few days WITHOUT wifee poo just too make sure I understand the difference between the kits

Re: Dead Gopher walking

Power tools and hot women are a deadly combination.
    Man Rule #136- Never go power tool shopping with your wife.

Here is what will happen: (sarcasm)

1. Chances of getting a power tool decrease by 48%.
    2. If you do get a tool, it will be a lesser quality, inexpensive type.
    3. You will only get one tool. Period.
    4. You must justify the tool use to her. Telling her you need another drill does not make sense. It's like needing two toasters in a kitchen, why?
    5. If you do get at tool, somehow you owe her.

On a side note, a few years back I went to the mall to visit Sears. On my way out I had to walk through L.S. Ayers. I looked at shirt and the sales lady arrived. Next thing I know I am driving home with a new L.S. Ayers credit card approval and six golf shirts. I don't even golf. WTH!
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
      Next thing I know I am driving home with a new L.S. Ayers credit card approval and six golf shirts. I don't even golf. WTH!

But just think how good you will look taking lessons

During our cruise 3 years ago I got scalp massage from a young lady from New Zealand

I still have the $150 dollars worth of hair care products

Been bald since 1996

Comment

Good stories guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
          5. If you do get at tool, somehow you owe her.
          This is how it is here. I can usually buy anything I want, my wife didn't even flinch when I spent 1550 on a K-60. Just told her at dinner and she didn't even bat an eye. Later that day, she spent 300 at payless!! How do you spend 300 at payless?!!!!! I didn't even know they had 300 worth of shoes in one size. Later in the week I found a quote for a Toyota Sequoia. Luckily we talked about purchases and money and that stopped the Sequoia purchase. Somehow, the wif thought money just appears in the account. Oh well, she's mine and I love her.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            This is how it is here. I can usually buy anything I want, my wife didn't even flinch when I spent 1550 on a K-60. Just told her at dinner and she didn't even bat an eye. Later that day, she spent 300 at payless!! How do you spend 300 at payless?!!!!! I didn't even know they had 300 worth of shoes in one size. Later in the week I found a quote for a Toyota Sequoia. Luckily we talked about purchases and money and that stopped the Sequoia purchase. Somehow, the wif thought money just appears in the account. Oh well, she's mine and I love her.
            ben i get in trouble with your wife when i suggest a tool

$300. on shoes, you got away cheap

joey has a shoe fetish

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I'm very lucky my gal comes to work with me a few days a week. She gets to see the tools in action and use them herself.

Somehow though she still doesn't get the math behind having one laminate router dedicated to each of three types of bits!

"Let's say it takes me 5 min. to change bits, and I do it three to four times per job. that's twenty minutes a week I save! I average around $40-70 an hour, and if I am going to be realistic it doesn't make sense to value my time at the low end--that is not positive thinking! So let's say $70. That just happens to be the sale price I got my recent and third PC router for, so it will only take three weeks to pay for itself not including tax!!!!!!!! The Ridgid (second one) was $99 so say a month for that one--baby, no you don't include tax in these calculations, paying tax is my duty as a state and county resident and patriot! But Gary has three, so does little John and Byron--c'mon baby! You just paid $90 for two bras! Well of course that's including tax! Yes, I want you to take care of them but--but--I lost the receipt."

That, gentlemen, is how it's done!
              A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

We had a cute girl working in my stores tool dept for awhile, and she actually kind of learned some stuff (she was secretly dating the dept head) but she was able to sell a whole shop setup to a guy thinking of getting the 3650.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  ben i get in trouble with your wife when i suggest a tool

$300. on shoes, you got away cheap

joey has a shoe fetish

rick.
                  You know how many shoes you can buy at payless for 300?! I lost count/interest after 20. With your tool fetish, I'd hate to see what Joey buys in retaliation.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Brenda and I are more like the military with the don't ask don't tell policy when it comes to spending . When I come home and there is a new vehicle in the driveway I play a game similar to paper, rock, scissors but I call it loaner, rental, payment.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

You may find this hard to believe, but I actually have the problem in reverse. You see, my father-in-law was the manager of the local Sears hardware dept. when Patty and I first met. He was an absolutely terrific guy and everybody loved him. He actually won several awards and had the largest selling hardwared dept. this side of Chicago.

He's gone now, but my wife just adored her father (well, me too) and she absolutely loves being around tools. So, I can't possibly go into a hardware dept without her and she has a tendency to talk to the sales guys, find out what new, and what's on sale while I'm off looking at something particular. She'll often come over to drag me off to see something or tell me what the sales guy said about some tool or brand. He!!, she'll even drag the sales guy over to "talk to her husband".

I swear, it's gotten to a point where I have to warn her that I've either got the tool aready, I'm really not interested, or we can't afford it. A couple of months ago I picked up the TP1300 for $300... at her insistance! It's still in the box, and I probably won't need it until next fall, but still it was a great buy, thanks to her. Two years ago she found a great deal on a CMS. I didn't want one particularly (I have an RAS), but she spotted it and we bought it. Glad I did, but again it was only on her insistance. I love the portability and really am glad that I have it now.

A year ago I went over to buy a nailer/brad/pivot driver combo and ended up coming home with an 18-volt combo, again at her insistance. And, these are just a few of the tools that we've added to the inventory, thanks largely to her. On the other hand though, she is very frugal and rarely spends money for herself. It almost takes an argument.

Hey, I'm a lucky guy!!!

CWS

Comment

Hey CW

She is a real keeper.

Does she have a sister

Comment

CWS,

Looks like you would be the perfect candidate for being on that "Wife Swap" tv show!!! Tell your wife to write an instruction manual for the rest of ours'.

Comment

Just to show you how Brenda works, today on our way to Las Vegas she told me my son Jared had called and said there was a gun the City of Los Angeles was trying to get the manufacturer to stop selling to the public. I called Jared and he told me it was the Kimber SIS which was built for the Los Angeles SWAT Team. When I got off of the phone with Jared, Brenda told me I needed to go out right away and buy one while they are still available. I probably would not have even looked at one before but now I feel obligated to go shopping so as to not disappoint Brenda. Heck I may even buy it for her.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                            X