X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of women in the HVAC field

The wif and I were having a "discussion" tonight and she wants your thoughts. I'm going to pull a Robert and let my wife post a question under my name. Here she is.

I want to know your honest opinions about women working on the job site. Do you think they are a distraction or can they pull equal amount of the workload.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: What do you think of women in the HVAC field

Depends on how good looking they are, what kind of revealing attire they wear.

If they dress provocatively then the wrong wrench is coming out of the bag.

They can do the job just as well as men can......can't see it as a big issue.

Would be nice if more women did that but it just doesn't happen.

I would behave when I worked around women...the the rule is they are

married, not single/available because that would mess me up bad on my

conshuntraceshun

1+2= 4
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Forgot to mention, I'm already sleeping on the couch tonight because of my views. So feel free to speak honestly because subduing your answers won't help me out. The wif meant women in the construction trade, not just hvac.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

in certain trades they are fine. but in the real physically demanding jobs, i doubt it.

in the 4 years i went to plumbing school, there were only a couple of female plumbers. granted this was 1981-84. but on a real construction site, they would have a tough time.

we did have a couple of females work with me years ago, but i had to assign less demanding work for them.

as far as a distraction. sure. but the other trades will get over it.

joey helps me every now and then. sometimes she is more capable than the guys. not physical, but knowledgable it's ok, we're married.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I dont see a problem with women in the trade...seen some whimpy guys that could not lift anything ....I think they are sadly absent...I just do not belive construction type trades attract women.

Comment

Don't know about HVAC in particular, but my girl works with me on her days off from her other job. She has learned to use tools such as a screw gun/impact driver, miter saw, and drill. She is a very quick learner and I like to rake some of the credit for being a good teacher, but really she has picked it up faster than most. Fast than me in some cases. She is like that though, excels at everything she tries.

If she didn't weigh in at 92 pounds and stand 4-11 I would put her against any guy in the company. No joke. She simply can't do some tasks because of strength so she is limited.

Since we are a couple she is more apt to keep me on track than distract me, and I am very lucky that we work so well together. It is some of the only time we get to spend with each other and I really do enjoy it.

I have worked with other women in the past on job sites--a few carpenters and a couple of sparkies, one did distract me quite a bit, the rest hmmm...not so much.
            A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

I'd say performance beats gender hands down every time.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

i have worked with many women in the trades, and just like men some are good at it and some are not, though women tend to need to prove them selfs more so they seem to do a better job then men in many cases.

ben it may not be the answer you were hopeing to hear but from my eyes it is the truth
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Women tend to shower/stay clean more often too.

Uh oh, I just started a demonstration here on the forum
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Put me on the couch too! I have worked with women in the trades and in my experience it was a terrible situation.
                    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                      Women tend to shower/stay clean more often too.

Uh oh, I just started a demonstration here on the forum

That was awesome!!! LOL
                      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Depends how she plays it.Personally I would rather not hire a woman unless she has hairy armpits and smells like the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          Depends how she plays it.Personally I would rather not hire a woman unless she has hairy armpits and smells like the rest of us.

I've been told although your hands are dirty you are the "smell good plumber".

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                          X