• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: offensive game ...(you were warned)

This method seems to have outstanding results in just 9 days
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I think that's the shortest news report I've ever seen...

As for this thread, I think you all have the right idea. It seems most of you would agree that noone should enter this country illegally, and those that do should not be entitled to any benefits that legal inhabitants enjoy. Also, that employers are a majority of the problem along with government.

Now, while I cannot speak against the president (actually illegal for me...), I will second what was said about the public majority vs. minority vote. If anyone in this country who is not part of an electoral college thinks that they decided who the president is, they should read more. You might think that it's your "right", but it's more or less a privilige just to keep you feeling like you decided something...

Also, since we have such a well balanced government (3 branches, checks and balances), the president isn't the only one to be held accountable. I think we should hold our representatives more accountable. They are the ones who write and vote on the laws, and control most of the bureaucratic agencies that are supposed to uphold those laws (FBI,DHS). They also receive more "campaign" money from lobbyists and corporations than the president. MUCH MORE!!!

Now, I can't say all of this without agreeing that our society has to take some of this blame. We have become used to a certain "hands off" way of life, where you can just hire someone to do something for you. The youth of this country have had a disservice given to them as well. They are no longer taught the value of honest work. Not that this applies to all young Americans, but even in the past 6 years while I was out of this country, I've seen the difference. Both in and outside the military.

I feel I'm getting way off the subject, so I'll stop there. I will add this though: MOST Americans feel this is a problem, and I implore ALL Americans to be a part of the solution. It will not be easy, we all share this burden. Use the tools given to you. Write you government. From the local alderman in your town, all the way up to your state's representatives. HOUSE AND SENATE!

Oh, and live what you preach!
      ------------------------------------
      <steps off soapbox and walks away>

Comment

illegal immigrants will continue to grow in the us no matter how many laws you pass or how many more fences you erect down south..

Comment

Originally posted by michael stephen View Post
          illegal immigrants will continue to grow in the us no matter how many laws you pass or how many more fences you erect down south..
          Michael, I agree that we have a history of ignoring our own immigration laws and both allowing and encouraging illegals to enter our country so that they can be used for their cheap labor. We have poor to no border security and we do not support the hard work of our border agents who do try and fight the problem. We have no cooperation between law enforcement agencies within the USA and illegals have had a free run here undercutting hard working Americans by working so cheap. We have allowed drug dealers and othe criminals to invade our country and abuse and kill our citizens. All that said, I admit the situation looks hopeless but that's only because the powers that be don't want it any different! I firmly believe that if our government wanted to stop illegals from entering our country they could do it in a matter of a few days. We have the troops, technology and humane weapons to lock our borders tight. I just don't think the folks in charge have the desire. We continue to lose revenue, increase unemployment among Americans who can't work for the low wages of the illegals and fill our schools, hospitals and prisons with people who broke our laws to get here. Anything is possible if people are willing to put in the work to make it happen. So far the only people who are doing that are the illegals coming here to help themselves by working hard and the illegals coming here to commit crime. The USA has the same rights as every other country to protect and enforce it's borders. The USA has the right to safeguard it's citizens and economy from this very real threat. Wheter or not the USA ever takes action remains to be seen.

Comment

Working...
          X