Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle safety website

http://home1.gte.net/res0ak9f/bike.htm

This is a website that shows the negative effects of motorcycle riding(i.e. graphic). Be safe out there. This would be very valuable to anyone with teenagers who ride motorcycles.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Motorcycle safety website

Then again I've been riding for about as long as I've been using ladders and I've had more ladder injuries than motorcycle injuries.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I'm sure Bob can help you out on ladder safety.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

That why I always ware a full leather suite. Jeans don't do Sh&*! on asfault. Dirt bike riding also helps alot on improving rider skills.

Comment

Riding a bike is a suicide for yourself and death for others around you.

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
            And I understand why you feel this way,I'm sorry Zeljka.

I rode for years.Gave it up when I realized I was too impulsive.Too much congestion these days.Too hard to keep out of the throttle for me

Besides,I had my time in the sun on rice rockets.Maybe something cruisable in the future.Still find too many people paying attention to themselves and not their surroundings.

Comment

I stopped riding, the day I saw a car tire drive by my eyeball, by no more than an inch. That was one of the most scariest day of my life. Now I would like to watch my kids grow up and hopefully my grandkids someday.....
              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Zeljka,

I'm sorry for your loss and I understand your position on motorcycles.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Sold my motorcycle last year. I loved riding it but one day I just realized how much I needed to stay in one piece and how much my family needed me. I never had any close calls due to my own actions but I had too many with the way other people drive. It was not a risk I was prepared to take anymore.

I still miss the thrill of leaning into a corner and the quick throttle.

Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I ride more than I drive in a given year...
                    Steve
                    www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post

Every time I see a rider riding around without a helmet......two words come to mind; organ donor.

My entire life I've always felt that if I ever bought a motorcycle I'd certainly die on one knowing the thrill it offers. Been to numerous biker rodeos like the AFR or Chillicothe Easy Riders rodeo......even though I was there for "other" reasons.

Nice to look at, awesome to hear them and admire the beauty but it just isn't my game. Anytime I see a grouping of them I'll roll down my window to hear them.

They are trying to legislate a helmet law in kentucky I hear and a biker on another forum *HS website we all went to school at* got heated as this guy was preaching government control and losing freedoms.

This guy was supposed to meet at a bar with all the other school friends, night before he was hit blindsided by a vehicle and took his bike right under the car and he was forced into the windshield.

He STFU about helmets that day and hasn't participated in threads to relating to wearing a helmet.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

i want a bike, i really do, but i used to live in maryland near washington dc and there if your not running 80+ mph you are just a target for being to slow. now that i have moved here to florida and i see few people care where they point there cars you still would be a target, so instead of buying a motorcycle i desided to buy a classic car to enjoy.

still hard to think a 1986 montecarlo ss is a classic though. dammmmmm i feel old now lol
                        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Never expected to see motorcycle safety on this site. I am a motorcycle safety instructor for MSF and for Harley Davidson. Just like everything else, you need proper training to be as safe as you can be. There is a risk. Never the less. there is always the other guy or that animal that is there to suprise you. Be SAFE.

Comment

i was once told "it is not if you will fall, it is when will you fall"
                            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Betz View Post
                              Never expected to see motorcycle safety on this site. I am a motorcycle safety instructor for MSF and for Harley Davidson. Just like everything else, you need proper training to be as safe as you can be. There is a risk. Never the less. there is always the other guy or that animal that is there to suprise you. Be SAFE.

ROLODEX OF MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS

The video that plays when you click on the link above...

Rider with his gf hit gravels in the turn, caught him under the guardrail and took his leg off instantly. The gf I don't know what her condition was. Accident occurs at 1:57 into the clip.

As you see, it happens in a split second.

Just figured I'd give everybody a "leg up" on the situation before you watched it.

Other videos to the right if you dare.
                              Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 01-23-2008, 03:58 PM.
                              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                              X