X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Fire/Explosion Hazard? Josh?

Just got off the phone with Ridgid customer service. I called to discuss the fact that Home Depot has the new 3.0AH 18 volt lithium batteries on display, but no chargers available for them. I told the rep, as you know?, charging a lithium battery in a nicad charger can lead to fire or explosion. I also told this to a worker in Home Depot who was wearing a Ryobi shirt and said he charged the Ridgid compact battery he was holding in the nicad charger. Brilliant, but where does this leave the general public or contractor who needs a 18 volt Ridgid battery and hasn't been reading this forum to know the dangers? They could post a warning sign above the batteries or pull them until the proper chargers show up. We've waited this long, for the sake of safety we could wait a little longer. I just don't want anyone to get hurt or possilby killed over a stupid mistake.

Re: Ridgid Fire/Explosion Hazard? Josh?

I wonder who would be held responsible in the event of a fire or explosion? Could you place all the blame on the consumer for not thoroughly understanding the proper charger to use, or Home Depot of Ridgid for not posting and labeling sufficient warnings and providing the correct chargers for these newer batteries. Worst of all is the fact that workers at my Home Depot and probably others are telling consumers to use the nicad chargers for their lithium batteries.

Comment

Frank, I am forwarding this on to our customer service. I'll let you know what they have to say or have them post on here.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
        Frank, I am forwarding this on to our customer service. I'll let you know what they have to say or have them post on here.

Josh
        Josh I really appreciate your manners and work ethic. Who knows if a little bright warning label or post-it results in preventing a tragedy? Even if no action is taken upstairs, you tried and that's all a person can ask. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X