Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee pads

When you need some Knee pads, in your work,

What do you use and how do you rate them,

I am in the market for some new ones and would like to hear from you, and what you have found good and comfortable.

Has any one used the "RACATAC" kneeling cart? or something similar?

http://www.racatac.com/

Really did not know where to put this so that is why it is here, as it is not a plumbing or wood working or power tool question.

Thank you for your input.

if the picture does not post here is one of the Ractac below.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BHD; 01-27-2008, 11:18 AM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Re: Knee pads

I bought some Mechanix knee pads - figured if they were good enough for racing....

Anyway - easy on velcro, portable, although a little sweaty after a while on the back of the leg. Also, don't know how they would wear heavy in the long term - I only used them one or two times and that was indoors.

Sorry I don't have more info.
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Part of the reason I am asking is I blew out one knee a few years ago and keeling is very difficult, and my "good" Knee is not much better than the one I blew out. and I have great difficulty getting around on a floor,

I have read on flooring forums about a company called "pro knee" http://www.proknee.com/

I need some thing better than the standard "occasional use pad" as they are not as much help, as I need.

but cost is an issue, but if I could get back to working again (as currently I an semi retired from building do to the knees), It would be worth some investment in equipment.

but would like to hear some personal recommendations.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Check out the bucket boss website, thats the ones i have.

Comment

I don't have knee problems yet, but I did have a few times I was in terrible pain from working on concrete, crawling around in my van, and putting my knee on a few stones.

I began looking at knee pads and tried a few types. I didn't want to strap on and off knee pads. I always forgot I had them off and put my knee right on that bolt of the van bed. I also did not like the appearance knee pads gave my customers since I am in service.

The ones I wear know go under my uniform pants and I wear them all day. They are called Nike Dryfit knee pads. http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml?l=ni...US&co=US&la=EN I have worn them six months and I really like them. Hope this helps.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I actually use a small workout mat when my knees require me to,

I have never really liked the knee pads , but a small matt has always done it for me

Hope this helps !
            Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
            New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

I would ask a tile guy what he uses. I think that trade works on there knees more than anyone. I use a foam mat. I find that little rocks will get trapped between the kneepads and my knee causing me more aggrivation. I also like the foam mat because I can lie down on it when in a crawl space.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
              X