X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gadgets I Won't Leave Home Without

Don't know if this ones been done but I have a few things I always try to have on me when leaving the house. My list includes tactical knife, strong LED flashlight, butane lighter(I don't smoke) and cell phone.

Re: Gadgets I Won't Leave Home Without

wallet, and $5 cash
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
      wallet, and $5 cash
      Heck, that ain't enough to get you arrested! This time next year you'll be able to buy a gallon of gas with that $5.

Comment

i have cards for gas, but if i need a snack or a drink i don't have to worry about a $1 hambrger or a soda pop getting slapped with $2 bank fee
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Pocket knife, wallet, ipod touch (not for music... I use it as a pda and to show off pics of my kids ;-)

Comment

I never go out with less than $100 in my wallet. I'd hate to get killed fighting to save $5 bucks, at least my way one of us wins big.

Comment

I guess it depends on your definition of "going out". If I'm taking a walk, I've got my wallet, hankerchef, Swiss pocket knife and often, my 2-meter HT.

I keep an emergency bag in the car all the time. It contains an inflator, basic tool bag, oil, first-aid kit, ground cloth, gloves, flares, emergency light and little things like wire, tape, and even water and a quick snack. Also my dual-band communications radio and the cell phone.

If I'm traveling, like I do every week between here and Binghamton (75 miles), I add my survival bag. That contains a backup radio, extra batteries, two LED lights, a power inverter, multi-tool, food and water for three days, extra glasses, prescriptions, and even my long-distance, multi-mode radio and quick-setup wire antenna. Depending on the weather, extra jacket, hat, gloves, socks, walking boots, matches, blanket, a compass, maps, and lately a portable GPS.

CWS

Comment

Gadgets????

Wow, I don't have any. Not even a finger nail clipper. My truck and work trailers have everything, but me carrying around gadgets, I guess not.....

Oh wait a minute I do, my cell phone...
                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

My keys - especially if I need them to start the car and/or get into the house.

My glasses, so I can see. Sometimes I can't find them even though they're on my face.

Clean underwear and a fresh undershirt in case I get into a car accident.....or lucky......or one happens and causes the other. Whatever.
                  I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I take my Gerber tool, wallet, 10 bucks cash, GPS, Ipod.........plus whatever is in the work van
                    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Duct Tape
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                        Duct Tape
                        Man, that is a good one. One time I had a fog light hanging off underneath my car and I had to seek some out to tape up the connection after I removed the broken light.

It's the hundred mile an hour tape.........
                        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Tape measure, don't leave home without it....

Comment

Utility knife, tactical knife, keys, cellphone/blackberry, wallet. On work days I have my briefcase with goodies inside, and if I'm driving I take my GPS with me and have all kinds of useful crap in my truck including ALL of my tools.
                            A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

If we are talk'in the car duct tape, fifty feet of 3/8ths rope, black plastic tie wraps, hammer. If there's gusty wind and any chance of downed trees I pack one of my chain saws with all the fix'ins. No luck so far with the trees!

Comment

Working...
                              X