Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power tool shops in NY?

Hi.

Im planing to visit New York this summer and of course i cant resist power tools even on my vacation.

Problem is that i have no idea where i can find all the shops and don´t know if there are many arround, maby you can help med out with that.

Name, Street adress and a webpage is what i need to find, i guess

sorry if my spelling is bad :P
    Swedish site with exploded Views and news: www.maskinskisser.se

Re: Power tool shops in NY?

I lived and worked in The Bronx for many years and you may find a couple of places that sell reconditioned tools such as Dewalt, but for the most part any store other than Home Depot will be vey expensive. The so called "Tool Store" in my town in Ct charges at least twenty percent more for every major brand of tool because they don't buy or sell the same volume as the big stores.

Comment

okay, dont think i will buy that much, just look around and maby buy some accessories.

The prices compared to Sweden is like a dream, it´s about 75-300% better prices in US depending on what tool you are buying.

Is there any particularly shop that is big and have alot of tools that i don´t want too miss?

Comment

Hi Elfson - Will you be in New York City, or somewhere else in New York State? There's a Rockler in Buffalo, and a Woodcraft in Rochester, but unfortunately I don't know the places around NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
          Hi Elfson - Will you be in New York City, or somewhere else in New York State? There's a Rockler in Buffalo, and a Woodcraft in Rochester, but unfortunately I don't know the places around NYC.
          Hey.

I will rent a car, so will be arround the state.
          I looked at those two companies webpages, do have alot too look at in real?

Hitachi koki is a big brand in Sweden, you know any place that might have those?

Comment

what kind of power do you have in Sweden? Might be difficult to buy 120v 6o hz tools if you need 220v 50 hz
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfson View Post
              Hey.

I will rent a car, so will be arround the state.
              I looked at those two companies webpages, do have alot too look at in real?

Hitachi koki is a big brand in Sweden, you know any place that might have those?
              Yes they do....I've been in both stores, but frequent the Woodcraft far more often. WC has a full selection of stationary power tools, including the SawStop, routers, hand tools, saw blades, router bits, finishing supplies, hardware, books/videos, wood, veneers, glues, clamps....just about everything. I've only been in the Rockler store once, but it seemed to have a similar selection. Keep in mind that both of these cities are several hours drive from NYC, and are ~ 70 miles apart from each other....I'd plan to spend the night if you make the drive and take time to see Niagara Falls, and maybe the Mt. Morris dam and Letchworth Park.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                what kind of power do you have in Sweden? Might be difficult to buy 120v 6o hz tools if you need 220v 50 hz
                You are correct.
                What i can buy is only cordless and air tools and then buy a new charger for 220V

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
                  Yes they do....I've been in both stores, but frequent the Woodcraft far more often. WC has a full selection of stationary power tools, including the SawStop, routers, hand tools, saw blades, router bits, finishing supplies, hardware, books/videos, wood, veneers, glues, clamps....just about everything. I've only been in the Rockler store once, but it seemed to have a similar selection. Keep in mind that both of these cities are several hours drive from NYC, and are ~ 70 miles apart from each other....I'd plan to spend the night if you make the drive and take time to see Niagara Falls, and maybe the Mt. Morris dam and Letchworth Park.

that WC store sounds realy intresting, sound like a dream, might only visit that one

That was alot of nice places, i goggeld images of those places, looks realy cool places to visit.

Comment

Working...
                  X