Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewer explosion video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnylQ...eature=related

If only they had a k-60, then all this could have been avoided.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Sewer explosion video

tell me thats not raw sewage. how does something like that happen, with such explosive force?
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Unfortunately, the undiscovered race of sewer people discovered lighting a match at the wrong time. It is unlikely evidence of their existence will ever be seen.........
      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

You can't put a k-60 in a manhole

Imagine the inside of those cars
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Looks like what happens outback of my house after i eat Taco Bell
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

It looks like it could be storm water which is really more likely than sewage.

http://www.sewerhistory.org/grfx/misc/disaster.htm

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnylQ...eature=related

If only they had a k-60, then all this could have been avoided.
              we used to love playing in the waterfalls like that when I was little

Comment

Umm, yeah, but I think those are $#!Tfalls in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                  Umm, yeah, but I think those are $#!Tfalls in the video.
                  I don't

Comment

Ok.. so the big question. How did that much pressure build up and explode all at one time. And come back for a second explosion. I would guess it has to do with flooding but seems weird with an open path for release at any time that it came back and exploded bigger the second time.

josh

Comment

josh, this happens all the time on a small, small scale with drain cleaning

it happens when when you have a stoppage and then it clears downstream.

usually when i have a main line stoppage, and i clear it, a surge of waste water starts to flow downstream. if the line blocks downstream, which is very common with roots that break off and plug the next section, the flow will come to quick stop. this will create a water hammer affect. thus backing up the sudden surge of waste water. sure it's not a geyser, but then again i'm not clearing manholes with my k-60 either

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        josh, this happens all the time on a small, small scale with drain cleaning

it happens when when you have a stoppage and then it clears downstream.

usually when i have a main line stoppage, and i clear it, a surge of waste water starts to flow downstream. if the line blocks downstream, which is very common with roots that break off and plug the next section, the flow will come to quick stop. this will create a water hammer affect. thus backing up the sudden surge of waste water. sure it's not a geyser, but then again i'm not clearing manholes with my k-60 either

rick.
                        The hell you say! Not cleaning manholes with your K-60??

Im sure you have tried though

I see a clog like that in the street, i go the opposite direction and call the City.

I seen one like this once, it was on a forced main from a lift station...Talk about a suprise getting ready to lift the lid and BOOM!!! wasnt near as bad as the video, but still enough to scare the heck out of me
                        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

this was posted on a guitar forum i'm on a while back. it's storm water not sewage. i saw this (not to that extent) in north texas years ago. the rushing water displace the air and the lids kust sorta flip. there was another video of covers "dancing" to music. i'll see if i can find it.

steve
                          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NwNwCXUMqU

couldn't find the "musical" one but this. not as dramatic, bit still interesting

steve
                            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Ahhhhh.....so it was just water. My mistake. I dunno nuthin' 'bout no plummin' video..........

Comment

Working...
                              X