Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America and Australia only uses Ridgid?

I've noticed only a couple of posters from other countries. The majority come from the US and Australia. Is Ridgid promoted in other countries?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: America and Australia only uses Ridgid?

Never heard of ridgid back in Croatia. Never heard it in usa until I married a plumber

Comment

I'm pretty sure there are RIDGID plumbing tools sold in England. I'll try to e-mail a few people I know over there and ask them. As for RIDGID woodworking machinery and hand held power tools, I'll have to ask but my bet is they are mostly sold in North America.

Comment

Ive seen Ridgid plumbing tools sold in the Philippines.Only the wrenches and pipe dies tho.Anything else that might be sold there I haven't personally seen.What more shocked me there was seeing Klein and ideal electrician tools stocked and actually sold as people in general there can't afford better quality brands.Near every neighborhood hardware store there has a big old near totally worn out Ridgid pipe threading machine.I have yet to see 1 with a working cutter or reamer on it.They don't use copper pipe so everything is galv steel or pvc.For a funny many plumbers there don't own a pipe wrench but those cheapo chinese channel locks are everywhere.And yes leaking plumbing is the norm.
        Sam

Comment

Well they're definitely available at every Home Depot here in Canada!

Comment

We sell our products world wide. The forum is only in English so it hasnt caught in outside of the English speaking countries all that much. I have seen people in here from all kinds of countries just not all that active.

-- Language --
            US = EN
            CAN = EN (some FR)
            AUS = EN

Josh

Comment

In Sweden we most have the pluming, pressing, Threading, pipe tools, most stuf exept the power tools.

I think they are sold in all of Europe because they have the store in Belgium.

The power tools will never come overe here a salesmen said when i asked
              Swedish site with exploded Views and news: www.maskinskisser.se

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                We sell our products world wide. The forum is only in English so it hasnt caught in outside of the English speaking countries all that much. I have seen people in here from all kinds of countries just not all that active.

-- Language --
                US = EN
                CAN = EN (some FR)
                AUS = EN

Josh
                Big in Canada here, too. Power tools are really catching a fan base here.

CAN = Mostly english, very multicultural, most speak English and French at a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by threecreeks3 View Post
                  Ive seen Ridgid plumbing tools sold in the Philippines.Only the wrenches and pipe dies tho.Anything else that might be sold there I haven't personally seen.What more shocked me there was seeing Klein and ideal electrician tools stocked and actually sold as people in general there can't afford better quality brands.Near every neighborhood hardware store there has a big old near totally worn out Ridgid pipe threading machine.I have yet to see 1 with a working cutter or reamer on it.They don't use copper pipe so everything is galv steel or pvc.For a funny many plumbers there don't own a pipe wrench but those cheapo chinese channel locks are everywhere.And yes leaking plumbing is the norm.
                  Sam
                  sam, its true that not too many ordinary plumbers can afford Ridgid tools for their personal use here in the Philippines. and its also true that, there are so many other cheap brands being sold here. however, contractors, professional plumbers, multinational companies, drain cleaning companies, factories, etc., do use Ridgid tools. its because we cater to a specific market here. and its not only pipe wrenches and pipe dies, but, a whole range of manual pipe threaders as well. including pipe cutters, yoke vises, threading machines, bolt cutters, flaring tools, tubing cutters, nuclear oils, ladders, vacuum cleaners and Ridgid/Kollmann draining machines. Ridgid, i should say, is a very strong brand and very well represented here in the Philippines, believe me... (thanks to us.. quip)

Comment

Working...
                  X