X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Job Site Resource Links

Great idea!! You'll need at least a Report Dead Link option. Can't wait to see this, Josh. Thank you so much!
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Your welcome... I am working on this right now. I have to design a bunch of database stuff to handle this but the design for the site is done already.

Josh

Comment

Believe it or not I am almost done with this after 1 day I hope to post it some time tomorrow evening or early Friday. I'm curious to see whats out on the web that I haven't seen before related to the trades.

Thanks for all your input and encouragement.

Josh

Comment

Josh,

This is one of the best Ideas to come around in a while.

You always amaze me.

Regards,

Comment

Wondering if I jumped the gun there with those links...pretty good idea, great way to build a solid foundation of knowledge.

Comment

Don't worry. I used your submissions as test data to test the submission form so your one of the first submitters up there.

Sorry everyone I already submitted the ridgidforum on the link index

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
              Wondering if I jumped the gun there with those links...pretty good idea, great way to build a solid foundation of knowledge.

Comment

good idea josh and like they said you are doing a great job for all of us
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I started another thread with a link to the site. Just in case some of you didnt see it here it is.

www.jobsitelinks.com feel free to contribute resources.

Thanks everyone,

Josh

Comment

Here's more...
                    This one's very popular, no idea how to categorize it, the name says it all:
                    HowStuffWorks - Learn how Everything Works!

This one's very useful for targeting specific regions based on income, average home value, etc.
                    I have been told the info may not be perfectly accurate, I beleive it's based on the census:
                    ePodunk - Profiling 46,000 cities, villages, towns, townships and podunks across America

This one comes in handy for explaining to customers why certain metals shouldn't be connected to eachother:
                    Galvanic series

This one's subjective to comment from member electricians (it includes aluminum wiring, might be outdated):
                    Wire Size Calculator

This is one I know many of the regulars have already:
                    Copper Tube, Pipe & Fittings: Technical References: Copper Tube Handbook: Index of Tables

Comment

So have and of you checked it out yet. Any criticisms / comments / suggestions? Thanks to those who have submitted links already. Some great sites I never knew existed out there.

Josh

Comment

Nice addition,checked it out earlier.Great info.Soon I'll get someone to show me how to use my computer to it's potential and actually start posting links and pictures.

Comment

It's very neat! I love having all those sites right there. That will soon become a regularly used part of how I get things done. Thanks, Josh!

Drtyhands, to post a link there, all you have to do is highlight the link you want to copy and paste it into the "add a link" box in the top of the site. To highlight and copy the link, you go to where you see the http://www.whatever.com in the upper part of your browser, and using your mouse, either click on it (might take a couple times to highlight the whole thing), or click and drag to highlight the whole thing. Then press ctrl-c on your keyboard. Press and hold ctrl, and press c. when you release the buttons, you'll have the entry copied into the clipboard. You won't SEE anything happen when you do this. Have faith...it's there!

Once copied into the clipboard, go to the Online Resources site, and put your cursor on the empty box next to add a link. Then press ctrl-v (same thing, only v to paste instead of c). You should see your link there. Then enter the descriptions and press submit.
                          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I tried adding a link to ohiopowertool.com and got an error. Is there a current problem with the submitting?
                            Jay
                            Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
                            Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

Jay, there shouldnt be a problem. Please let me know what the error was. Ya may have entered more tags than the system was set up to handle. I have expanded the field a bit. Please try again and let me know.

Josh
                              Last edited by Josh; 02-18-2008, 02:12 PM.

Comment

I tried again and it worked. It might have been my computer. Thank you.
                                Jay
                                Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
                                Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X