X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02/05/2008 New Milwaukee Generators

Here is a link to info about the new line of portable generators just introduced wearing the Milwaukee name. Maybe Ridgid can fire back soon.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/us/en/n...7?OpenDocument

Re: 02/05/2008 New Milwaukee Generators

I'm buying one from HB to mount onto the frame of my truck.

I've been told they have one particular model for $300 that is purely amazing how reliable it is. Don't know how many watts it powers but a concrete man I know mistreats everything he owns......

so for it to be running 2 years later says something right there. Oil change? Never!
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

HB or do you mean HD ? I sure hope you don't mean HF the place that sells junk from China made using child slavery for labor. As for changing the engine oil, please do it and often. This is very important after a few hours of running to get all the break-in grit out of the engine.

I doubt any of the Milwaukee generators will sell for under $750. That company wants serious $$$ for their products and most of them are worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
        HB or do you mean HD ? I sure hope you don't mean HF the place that sells junk from China made using child slavery for labor. As for changing the engine oil, please do it and often. This is very important after a few hours of running to get all the break-in grit out of the engine.

I doubt any of the Milwaukee generators will sell for under $750. That company wants serious $$$ for their products and most of them are worth it.

Harbor Freight

I would bet without you knowing that the clothes you're wearing OR the shopping you do is produced by the same talent.

I like buying brand name products but they are the first to get stolen because of that brand name. I put some no name brand equipment on the truck, it's less likely to be a smash and grab scenario.

Me and 3 other businessmen have been tossing the idea around of bringing a Harbor Freight to the community. Expensive to buy but by the 4th year you're on top and always a steady flow of customers, always.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

We ordered a bunch of these that should be in stock very shortly. Here are the basic stats and pricing on all 4 generators.

4943-24 - 4300W - Honda GX240 - 8HP - $1889.00
          4950-20 - 5000W - Brigg & Stratton Vanguard - 9HP - $1971.60
          4960-24 - 6000W - Honda GX340 - 11HP - $2147.40
          4970-24 - 7000W - Honda GX390 - 13HP - $2464.80
          Jay
          Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
          Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post

Please provide proof of child slave labor, seeing as how most of anything you buy these days is made in China I would like to know how exactly HF is responsible for child slaves, but Milwaukee and Ridigid are not. Not saying any of the companies are, but no need bashing one for making stuff in China and not the other.

Oh and Clothes are usually Afganistan, Malaysia, Pakistan etc not China.

Comment

Working...
            X