Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please try to explain this phenomenon to this poor confused gopher!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: please try to explain this phenomenon to this poor confused gopher!!!

I suppose I`m old fashion I like to just whine my cords up instead of tangleing then up.

Tony

Comment

We do something similar to what Ben showed - we use it for rappelling ropes and tubular-nylon, etc. Except...we do it without the sadistic look.

Comment

You guys suck, that was my photogenic look.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          You guys suck, that was my photogenic look.

Yeah:
          For "America's Most Wanted"!

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
            I call it "Theorems of Flex". Similar to Newton's Laws:

An object is never at rest, therefore always in motion. (We ARE spinning uncontrollably around a star folks) (Also, since there isn't a reference point in space that can be considered "at rest", therefore it is impossible to elimiate motion)

If said object is flexible (In this case a cord), then object, while in motion, will always flex, unless an equal and opposing force is enacted on it.

If object onto itself is completely flexible while in motion, it will flex completely onto itself.
            (Hence it self-tangles)

Like any theorem, please disprove any of them.

On a side note, I like to call this one "Shroedinger's Christmas Lights"

When a string of Christmas Lights are placed into a container, that is incapable of being heard when shaken, unable to feel counter vibration, or seen through, they cease to exist and remain non-existant until said container is opened, however in a changed state due to disconnect from time and space.

So what do we have? Bottom line:
            A cord in motion, that flexes onto itself, and will do so until the material reaches maximum tension, then disappears from time and space when put away, causing it to bypass laws of mass and matter, thus allowing it to change physical properties. Finally returns to us in unimaginable forms, states, and shapes at time of retrieval when needed.

But what do I know? I'm just a dumb electrical apprentice.
            A fan of the "Big Bang Theory" TV series?
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Knots are just what cords do. Similar phenomena to hangers doing intercourse in the closet.

Comment

Working...
              X