Ford/Chevy/Toyota

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford/Chevy/Toyota

This is why I always buy a Ford Truck, in fact I own 3....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWjTbiYo3x0
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: Ford/Chevy/Toyota

My old Toyota Forerunner bounced around a lot but I that was just because it was really light in the rear end. Still ran well after 250,000 miles

Then I bought a Chevy truck. Drove like a luxury car but lacked style

My Ford F-150 is a good blend of the two. Nice and comfy to drive and rock solid. The only thing I don't like is the horrible turning radius. It takes 3 tries to get into a parking space. I feel like a woman

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

My Ford F-150 is a good blend of the two. Nice and comfy to drive and rock solid. The only thing I don't like is the horrible turning radius. It takes 3 tries to get into a parking space. I feel like a woman
      Put a plow blade on your truck, then push the other cars out of your way, problem solved...
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I love my Ford E-150 super crew, 2006, the wife drives it all the time but it has the best ride of any other truck on the market.

It rides like a cadillac never like a truck.

The ford work van is also the best on the market, you can run them into the ground and they still keep on ticking.

I would never by a ford car, because they are junk, but the trucks and commerical vehicles, ford has that market cornered.
        Last edited by westcoastplumber; 02-16-2008, 08:52 PM. Reason: first grade typing issue
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

What takes your kids to school everyday?

A FORD

Who takes you to the hospital when you're sick and dying?

A FORD

Who comes to save your house when it's on fire?

A FORD

What company dominates fleets in the industry of nearly all of business?

A FORD

When it comes to racing, chevy is king but after seeing just a few races this past week in nascar.......

Toyota is going to be a common emblem in the top 10 in all races, you watch.

Those motors have all the bugs worked out from last year and KB TS and a few of Waltrip's cars are showing their true colors in regards to power.

This isn't a race of american made vehicles no more.

Dodge was never mentioned out of all of this though.

I own a ford and a chevy now but my chevy has a cat motor.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I love my F250 diesel. I take it on some roads that are little more than tracks, and it doesn't shimmy near as much as other trucks. It's got great torque, so I can make it up the trail (40-50 deg slope) to the campsite with a full bed of gear and it does just fine. I've never had an instance of worry with it. I can even park it now!!
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Please don't mention a Japanese car in the same sentence as Ford and Chevy trucks.

Toyota has never known what a truck is.

They should stick to making cars for the self serving, screw the economy, my dollar is more important than yours people.

Comment

I have always been a Ford and Chevy man, with a Dodge thrown in there.

I have had a Ford Ranger, Chevy Trailblazer, Dodge Ram Offroad (that was my favorite truck, dual exhaust, tinted windows, all black with the alloy wheels and chrome trimings, not to mention the offroad package...ahh the good ole days) I have a Chevy Express Van. I love that van. I test drove the Ford work vans, but decided the Chevy just had a better ride, and was more quiet. I use to work out of Ford diesel vans, and they are bad azz.

My wife drives a Toyota Sequia. She loves it. Before that it was a Toyota minivan. She had that for 5yrs. The nice thing about the wife and her leased vehicles is, she works 1mile down the road. When she turned the van in after the 5th when the lease was up, there was only 12,000 miles on it. The Sequia right now is 2yrs old and only 4000 miles on it. Gotta love it.
                The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

To all those spending over $3 for a gallon of gas can look at Drain Medics wife who drives a 14 mpg behemoth import to work

For only a 1 mile commute, maybe she would like this better?
                  Last edited by plumberscrack; 06-15-2008, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I will just say this, I have always been a chevy person for everyday drive trucks.

On the horse ranch, my brother and I have three Dodge 1-ton's. We tried all the rest over the years and they would not hold up to what we put them through. Sorry Ford and GM. GM is still my favorite for everyday driving.

At the office, we have around 135 trucks on the road now. 80% are fords mostly due to the relationship we have with the owner of what is the largest car dealer in the state. We have equal respect for the fords and Chevy products. But the Triton (Gas engines) are pretty much disposables. We have a full time mechanic and shop at our office to maintain our fleet. We replace anywhere from 1-3 engines a month. Bear in mind that we dont keep vehicles over around 4 years.

Yes, my personal company truck is a ford and I do like it. But I am disappointed in the Triton engines history. But we do weigh it out and for the price we pay for a trucks , its still cheaper for us to put a new engine in a two year old truck.

My personal feeling is to purchase what you can get the best deal on.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                      What takes your kids to school everyday?
                      A FORD

Who takes you to the hospital when you're sick and dying?
                      A FORD

Who comes to save your house when it's on fire?
                      A FORD

What company dominates fleets in the industry of nearly all of business?
                      A FORD
                      In my area I have never seen even one FORD fire truck. The school buses are mostly International with a few newer ones that are Freight Shakers. Long ago they did run some FORD school buses. As for the rescue squad they did F350s but changed to Freight Shakers and the big ones are Kenworth. They have yet to go back to Ford or Chevy.

Where I do see loads of FORDs are pickups and vans. Let's not forget that most taxis and police cars are FORD but around here they use the Interceptor and you can't buy one for yourself. A good many of the smaller tow trucks (not rollbacks however) are Ford F350 or F450 series. Most of the rollbacks around here are Freightliner, International, or in some cases Peterbilt. I do see some Mack for HD wreckers.
                      Last edited by Woussko; 02-18-2008, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                        In my area I have never seen even one FORD fire truck. The school buses are mostly International with a few newer ones that are Freight Shakers. Long ago they did run some FORD school buses. As for the rescue squad they did F350s but changed to Freight Shakers and the big ones are Kenworth. They have yet to go back to Ford or Chevy.

Where I do see loads of FORDs are pickups and vans. Let's not forget that most taxis and police cars are FORD but around here they use the Interceptor and you can't buy one for yourself. A good many of the smaller two trucks (not rollbacks however) are Ford F350 or F450 series.

I'm talking the majority of american cities, not specific ones.

In my area they are slowly switching to Dodge Chargers for police cruisers. Lightning fast and light.
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                          I'm talking the majority of american cities, not specific ones.

In my area they are slowly switching to Dodge Chargers for police cruisers. Lightning fast and light.
                          Light? I don't think so. A dodge charger with a V-8 in it, which all police chargers have is over 4000 lbs. That is far from a light weight car. They are quick though, a friend has an 07 charger r/t daytona, it scoots. My chevy truck is just over 5000 lbs.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                            To all those spending over $3 for a gallon of gas can look at Drain Medics wife who drives a 14 mpg behemoth import to work

For only a 1 mile commute, maybe she would like this better?
                            Actually not at all...She maybe fills the tank up once a month
                            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

My mind was made up about 8, maybe 10 years ago when they did a comparison for safety on trucks.
                              The Ford trucks crumbled in crash tests, worse than any other.
                              The test dummies easily sustained life threanening blows at surprisingly low speeds, unlike any other truck.
                              Most MFG's put a good deal of focus on frames & bodies that absorb impacts, Ford hadn't.
                              I am very jaded when it comes to large companies caught cutting corners through loopholes in the law or federal regs.
                              Ford also had that big blowout with Firestone tires, though Firestone was found at fault, I can't imagine Ford was completely oblivious.
                              I drive Chevy, if it bounces in back when the bed is empty I have little to worry about, mine is never empty.

Comment

Working...
                              X