Shoe Booties

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoe Booties

Couldn't find this topic on the site. I'm thinking all trades at some point or another use these for the protection of dirt/germ transfer in and out of a customer's home.

Been using them for years.......still shock a few customers as it must not be a common thing for contractors to do in the home.

Anyone have a tried and true brand that's reliable?

I've used these and they work fairly well, doesn't take much to knock holes in the bottom though. My supply house had them for .79 a pair, I call today and they tell me $1.15 a pair....?!!?!

I found these today and for the price, love it. Just don't know the wear pattern and if they'll hold up to the test.

I have a huge foot so I know for a fact the shue-bee type fits my feet, barely. Just don't want to buy 500 pairs of a product that doesn't fit. It states 14" but I don't have any left of my other type to use for reference.

I've tried those "other" type that are of a thin cloth fabric and it's like wearing paper towels. Doesn't last and any hint of water and they fall apart.

Constant trips back and forth to the truck slowly tears them up as well.

Anyone have suggestions? I'd much rather spend good money and get some I can reuse at least twice before buying anything that's just not going to hold up.

This is all part of that customer satisfaction gig, treat their house with respect and they'll remember you for it.

to the almighty check writer, credit card spender
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Shoe Booties

I use these, http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...7ADBF%26sa%3DN

I never have a problem, I remove them before I exit the house and put them back on when I re-enter.

I believe that respecting the customers investment is a must and to show them that I respect and appreciate them, I believe wearing booties is a must, not only that, but I believe in leaving the custoemrs house cleaner then I find it.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
      I use these, http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...7ADBF%26sa%3DN

I never have a problem, I remove them before I exit the house and put them back on when I re-enter.

I believe that respecting the customers investment is a must and to show them that I respect and appreciate them, I believe wearing booties is a must, not only that, but I believe in leaving the custoemrs house cleaner then I find it.
      Anti Skid Shoe Covers, Large, Blue, 100 Ct.
      [100LG-100]$11.95
      Click to enlarge
      Scrubs - Disposable Protective Apparel - Shoe and Boot Covers

Anti Skid Shoe Covers, Large, Blue, 100 Ct.

• Made from Polypropylene.
      • Disposable shoe covers with anti-skid tread.
      • Fits approx. shoe sizes up to a men's 11.
      • Available in Extra Large.
      • Elastic pulls shoe cover in around top of shoe for better fit.
      • 100 pieces / box
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

I order my plastic Shubees direct and pay no where near what you are paying. I just received 450 pairs for $100 on special ( called my sales guy )which works out to $0.22 a pair. The minimum order would be 150 pairs at $40 or $0.27 per pair. The paper ones are even cheaper.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

O/K I knew I wouldn't be able to get away from this one.And unlike the posers in internet land I can't let the mistakes go unsaid when it's in my face.

Two weeks ago six guys were working on an almost completed remodel.

Beware of polished marble flooring my friends.It is junk($5.00 sq/ft).They were all wearing tennis shoes on and off the floor.Hooking up the sink I scratched 3 18x18 squares,they needed to be replaced.Once the homeowner started microscoping floor he found 5 more damaged by others.I traded work with my friend the tile guy to resolve.Booties would have helped with the buttons on my boots,maybe,actually no,they are higher than the booty protects.I told Robert and his first response was,BOOTIES.I told him he's going to look funny the only guy in a 8,000 square footer with 25 other tradesmen in tennis shoes/boots finishing the house.Then again this $5.00 junk wouldn't be in there in the first place.

Bottom line is this.Thank you Robert,the truck now has booties(cotton) being that I'm going into peoples finished homes.Gotta get a pair of slipon shoes,they don't look so goofy to me.
          I need a bigger truck.

Comment

The first HVAC company I started with 35-years ago made us wear booties made from the same material as a sweat shirt. Back then we had to turn them in to the cleaners where today we can just throw them away.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              I order my plastic Shubees direct and pay no where near what you are paying. I just received 450 pairs for $100 on special ( called my sales guy )which works out to $0.22 a pair. The minimum order would be 150 pairs at $40 or $0.27 per pair. The paper ones are even cheaper.

Mark

Shoebee is what i use too, they are great, they also make good machine wheel covers too
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                Shoebee is what i use too, they are great, they also make good machine wheel covers too
                I love this Forum.

Water heater/appliance dolly wheel covers.I was putting a couple of rounds of duct tape.

Thanks Greg
                Now where the **** are our PICTURES

Comment

Shubee is what i use too, they are great, they also make good machine wheel covers ...
                  ....and shower caps.

Comment

We use gray shoe covers made by Dupont. I used to get them from Lab Safety, but the last two years, I've been getting them from Fastenall.

Our owner / salesman uses the blue ones pictured above, but they're not very waterproof or durable. The Dupont ones hold up much better.
                    On a side note: We've been using shoe covers since 1993, and customers love it, but after all of this time, we're still the only company in our area that uses anything like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kneescar View Post
                      We use gray shoe covers made by Dupont. I used to get them from Lab Safety, but the last two years, I've been getting them from Fastenall.

Our owner / salesman uses the blue ones pictured above, but they're not very waterproof or durable. The Dupont ones hold up much better.
                      On a side note: We've been using shoe covers since 1993, and customers love it, but after all of this time, we're still the only company in our area that uses anything like this.
                      The Duponts do hold up better but they are $0.96 a piece as opposed to $0.22 a piece for the Shubee. The Duponts are really made to protect your shoes while the Shubees are made to protect the customers home.

Mark

Comment

greg, my k-60 and k-50 doesn't have wheels

does yours

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Dunbar,

Take a look at this product: http://www.stepngofootprotection.com/

Watch the 5 second video on how to put the booties on. You won't believe how easy it is. I use these during fixture setting. In and out all day long these really saves time.

I believe they are located in the LA area.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            greg, my k-60 and k-50 doesn't have wheels

does yours

rick.
                            You're getting stock options,I know it.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                              You're getting stock options,I know it.

You ain't kiddin; I'm thinking rick cuts josh's meat on his plate in little pieces for him at the get togethers.

Sheesh!

Hey PC,

I ended up buying those other ones (not the shue-bee) for $59 delivered to my shop. Yes, I'm driving at the bottom dollar but I can at least be able to tell you all if it is worth the money or not. It's 500 pairs. I do have a sneaking suspicion that it may be super thin material.

I love that shoe box setup but I'm sure whenever you see a product with no price to be found, they want you to call so they can convince you the expenditure is worth every dime.

Somebody dare to call them; would like to know how much and if there gig can accept a size 17 boot. I'd be the guy that when I saw the ones I was wearing get holes, just stick my foot back inside to reboot.
                              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                              X