American Idol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Idol

Why am I wasting time watching American Idol when I should be writing papers for school???? Dangit.. cant help it. I know I know... its stupid that I watch it.. but I cant help it.

I'm sure at least Mrs WC is watching it. Anyone else?

Re: American Idol

Josh, I can't stand the show but my wife loves it. Last night I had to suffer through some guy singing "Light My Fire". Now I'm in my fifties but my hearing is still really good and trust me this guy had nothing on Jim Morrison. Why would I listen to this crap and that idiot simon when I can crank up my stereo and hear The Doors and Jim do'in right? Drunk or drugged up I'll take my classic rock heroes over anything the idol has to offer.

Comment

joey and i

next up is dancing with the stars.

i'm taking adam carolla to entertain us, but not win it all.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Well Josh, it appears there are a lot of closet watchers out there
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          'm in my fifties but my hearing is still really good and trust me this guy had nothing on Jim Morrison. Why would I listen to this crap and that idiot simon when I can crank up my stereo and hear The Doors and Jim do'in right? Drunk or drugged up I'll take my classic rock heroes over anything the idol has to offer.
          while i didn't watch i can sure as hell relate. i actually was jammin to Walter Trout live. sawpart of the eclipse listening to TDSOTM. gotta do Pink Floyd at this juncture

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

My wife does, with our ten year old.
            On top of that, she wants me to watch "Biggest Loser" with her...fugetaboudit, ain't gonna happen.
            I'm baffled, why are these reality shows so popular?
            I see enough reality all day, I can stand near the bath door when I wanna hear someone sing tone deaf.
            Whats next...live footage of rush hour?
            I'm kidding, of course, I guess I can see the suspense real situations offer over acted out ones, but my quota is full for suspense at days end.
            Gimme Sci-Fi, drama, action or adventure...no tear jerkers (too much o dat in real life) and pulllease...no more reality.

Comment

Melissa has a friend who competed in it up through a few levels.It's kindof when they pick you for price is right.It's the flash,what's gonna look good to millions on T.V. and stage.Call me a conspiracy theorist but it kindof sucks driving 300 miles after hearing your sister cry because she knows she's only going to come in fifth in the state pagent.

We're pawns I tell you

Comment

For some reason this thread made me think of this youtube video. really weird but somehow mezmorizing (spelling).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA

I agree most of the idols are crappy. But there are a few that are pretty dang good. I really thought bo bice from a couple years ago was good.

Alright.. I gotta quit talking about this stuff. A little embarrassed that I actually watch this stuff

Comment

Great,thanks.

Replayed it three times.Gonna be in my head for the rest of the week

You know I have an addictive personality

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                    For some reason this thread made me think of this youtube video. really weird but somehow mezmorizing (spelling).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA

I agree most of the idols are crappy. But there are a few that are pretty dang good. I really thought bo bice from a couple years ago was good.

Alright.. I gotta quit talking about this stuff. A little embarrassed that I actually watch this stuff
                    Nothing to be embarassed about, just young folks trying to get noticed for their talent. I just don't like the process with the judges, lack of music back up, choice of songs and talentless contestants. I agree, remember Bo as a having a good voice. Wonder what that prick simon would say after hearing Jim Morrison sing "L.A. Woman". People know what they like when they hear it, we don't need a panel of "experts". Get some finalists, let them record some songs and let the people really vote on wheter or not they would purchase the songs. I have no doubts with my selection of several hundred CD's, but from hearing some of these idols, sorry no sale!

Comment

Has anyone ever seen them even touch one of those big red coke glasses.

Comment

Yes

Paula does it alot and I'm sure it is not coke..The way she is acting might be boose

Comment

Sometimes we have on AI here at The Woussko hut. All of us hounds bay/howl when they attempt to sing. It's a crazy show when we are in the mood for such but it really becomes torture to watch 2 hours of it at one time. I really think it's time to end the show right now and give up. How many so called Idols have made it big? Very few

When someone is on and just can't sing then it's ARRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO time. Just howl at the TV and have some fun with it. I do happen to like the best program there is called "Power Is Off" as that ends the torture quickly.
                          Last edited by Woussko; 02-21-2008, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                            My wife does, with our ten year old.
                            On top of that, she wants me to watch "Biggest Loser" with her...fugetaboudit, ain't gonna happen.
                            I'm baffled, why are these reality shows so popular?
                            I see enough reality all day, I can stand near the bath door when I wanna hear someone sing tone deaf.
                            Whats next...live footage of rush hour?
                            I'm kidding, of course, I guess I can see the suspense real situations offer over acted out ones, but my quota is full for suspense at days end.
                            Gimme Sci-Fi, drama, action or adventure...no tear jerkers (too much o dat in real life) and pulllease...no more reality.
                            So you are saying that you will just stick to Grey's Anatomy?I remember EVERYTHING
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

My wife and kids like it. I wouldn't mind, but the 5 hours a week sessions drives me nuts, and I'm heavily outvoted!

Comment

Working...
                              X