Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Will Be The Next President

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Who Will Be The Next President

    Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
    Duck, I really like your plumbing answers, but when it comes to politics, I think it is just like your winning that contest. I have lived under 10 presidents and have yet to see a Republican get the nomination that isn't "for big business".
    That is because republicans know business is what drives the economy. Not entitlements. It is just like Ronald Reagan said democrats are not bad people, it is just what they know is wrong.
    Last edited by Crappy days; 02-24-2008, 03:16 PM.
    THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Who Will Be The Next President

      wrong self employed, two wars going on very little accomplished what another policing action great weve learned nothing! politicians running our military{the best in the world} sending young people of to die. economy heading further down all the time oil at an all time hi jobs going overseas, auto companies going broke china owning more and more of our economy. pharmaceutical companies and oil co rule the roost with ceos and the rich living hi off great tax breaks yea sign me on as a republican not! great debate not looking make enemies here

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Who Will Be The Next President

        Big business is our friend and should get all the tax breaks they can, this will allow them to speed up moving as many jobs overseas and to mexico as they can. Big Oil is doing us a favor by raising the price of gas so we don't drive as much and if we have to we just won't eat as much so we will lose weight and get healthy. Big business encourages illegals to enter our country and work here for dirt, thus allowing hardworking Americans the oportunity to kick back and collect unemployment. Let big business have its way and in a few years the USA will look like the slums of india. We will be begging for food and be pulling third world tourists on rickshaws. Great country , hate to see it go.
        It's not free enterprise when it cripples the masses, it's called Greed! We were sold SUV's with 40 gallon tanks, when gas hit $4.00 a gallon what will you do?This stimulus package is a joke! buy plenty of canned goods and easymac. Load up on ammo, you may need it.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Who Will Be The Next President

          Originally posted by aero1 View Post
          wrong self employed, two wars going on very little accomplished what another policing action great weve learned nothing! politicians running our military{the best in the world} sending young people of to die. economy heading further down all the time oil at an all time hi jobs going overseas, auto companies going broke china owning more and more of our economy. pharmaceutical companies and oil co rule the roost with ceos and the rich living hi off great tax breaks yea sign me on as a republican not! great debate not looking make enemies here
          Not going to discuss the war or anything to do with that. But the fact that anyone thinking that Obama is the answer to our problems is silly to me. Personally Romney was the man for me. I just cannot stomach voting for a man who really has not accomplished anything to speak of. Oh wait a minute that's right he quit smoking before he decided to run for president. I am sure he will do wonderful things in health care. So what that he can speak well. I would to if I had paid writers.
          Last edited by Crappy days; 02-24-2008, 03:35 PM.
          THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Who Will Be The Next President

            Originally posted by Crappy days View Post


            That is because republicans know business is what drives the economy. Not entitlements. It is just like Ronald Reagan said democrats are not bad people, it is just what they know is wrong.
            Business used to drive our economy when it employed our people, when it was based in our country and was invested in "Our" economy. Today big business has officies here but works in the thrid world and mexico. Wake up, take count of how many businesses and jobs have left? Regan was not talking about America of 2008. We are screwed if we don't change direction.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Who Will Be The Next President

              Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              Big business is our friend and should get all the tax breaks they can, this will allow them to speed up moving as many jobs overseas and to mexico as they can. Big Oil is doing us a favor by raising the price of gas so we don't drive as much and if we have to we just won't eat as much so we will lose weight and get healthy. Big business encourages illegals to enter our country and work here for dirt, thus allowing hardworking Americans the oportunity to kick back and collect unemployment. Let big business have its way and in a few years the USA will look like the slums of india. We will be begging for food and be pulling third world tourists on rickshaws. Great country , hate to see it go.
              It's not free enterprise when it cripples the masses, it's called Greed! We were sold SUV's with 40 gallon tanks, when gas hit $4.00 a gallon what will you do?This stimulus package is a joke! buy plenty of canned goods and easymac. Load up on ammo, you may need it.
              It is not the tax breaks I am so worried about. It is the restriction put on employers, although relieving the tax burden would definitely help. All you have to do is read a little and you would see that taxes and restrictions are what send jobs away. Look at Dubai for instance , no corporate taxes and very little restrictions. Corporations are flocking to set up businesses there.
              Americans say they do not want to work for nothing I can understand that. The only problem is there will eventually be nothing to work for if we keep driving businesses out of our economy.
              THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Who Will Be The Next President

                Hillary and Obama are socialists. McCain isn't. I think we need a "People Power Revolution." 2 terms in office and that's it. Can not work as a lobbyist, must move back to home district. Better yet, how about blowing up DC and moving the capitol to Kansas?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Who Will Be The Next President

                  Hmmmmm.....was out this afternoon after my earlier post, now see that Ralph Nader has thrown his hat in the ring.....

                  Will he be the spoiler that the Democrats accused him of being in 2000?

                  Also, rumors have it that Mike Bloomberg is waiting till late March to see whether he'll take a stab - said he'd spend a billion of his own money on the campaign...

                  Try going to your accountant and telling him "I'm applying for a 4 year job that pays $250000 a year but I'm going to spend a billion to get it."

                  Think your accountant would think it was fiscally responsible??

                  This thing keeps on getting more interesting by the day....who cares that there was no fresh tv for three months - the politics was better!!
                  I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Who Will Be The Next President

                    Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    Business used to drive our economy when it employed our people, when it was based in our country and was invested in "Our" economy. Today big business has officies here but works in the thrid world and mexico. Wake up, take count of how many businesses and jobs have left? Regan was not talking about America of 2008. We are screwed if we don't change direction.
                    Wake up, trust me I am awake. Let me tell you how awake I am. I dropped out of high school in the 11Th grade. Went on to receive my GED, found out like most losers the only persons that was going to take care of me was myself or government. I decided to take care of myself. While the rest of the loser's were wining about how government should help them ,I helped myself . Learned a trade , opened a business and have been very successful. If any thing or one has held me back it is the liberal agenda. You know, the one that says take from hard working people and give to the lazy "I worked my 40 hours this week people". I am sick of giving what I have earned to lazy loser's. You better wake up because the gravy train is coming to and end sooner or later.
                    THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Who Will Be The Next President

                      Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
                      Wake up, trust me I am awake. Let me tell you how awake I am. I dropped out of high school in the 11Th grade. Went on to receive my GED, found out like most losers the only persons that was going to take care of me was myself or government. I decided to take care of myself. While the rest of the loser's were wining about how government should help them ,I helped myself . Learned a trade , opened a business and have been very successful. If any thing or one has held me back it is the liberal agenda. You know, the one that says take from hard working people and give to the lazy "I worked my 40 hours this week people". I am sick of giving what I have earned to lazy loser's. You better wake up because the gravy train is coming to and end sooner or later.
                      I worked for New York Tel for thirty years, plenty of 60plus hour weeks with half! my pay going to support some low lifes and wasteful government spending. There are tens of thousands of hard working folks who did not opt to learn a trade but rather went to work in factories. They dedicated their lives to those jobs, bought homes, cars and raised families, but there was no safety net, no thankyou, just a kick in the *** as those jobs left. You think you're supporting a lot of folks now? Just wait as more jobs get shipped to mexico or overseas. The only way we can compete with the third world worker is to adopt their standard of living. That means living in filth, with nothing. That also means all you trade folks will also be earning pennies on the dollar because your customers will be broke. Our legislators screwed us with NAFTA, they screwed us by allowing the trade edficit to get out of hand. They screwed us by allowing millions of illegals to invade our country and take our jobs by working for s--t! Other countries impose tarrifs, and trade restrictions to protect their industries and workers. You can't keep thinking it's all about "Me" because we will all go down together. We need strong Unions, good paying jobs with great benefits and legislators who remember who elected them. We need to push out foreign made crap good and buy American, but we can't buy American if we don't make anything. China, India and the rest of the third world will kill themselves in the toxic atmosphere they developed. We the American workers were making jobs and the work place safer, we the American people were making our land and air cleaner but it wasn't cheap so the scumbag business picked up and left. Well good luck guys because maybe a few wealthy hardworking tradespeople can still afford your products but the rest of us are saving up for food and fuel. Watch and see how long it takes one of those workers from dubai, india, china , or mexico to buy a new car or truck

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Who Will Be The Next President

                        Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                        I worked for New York Tel for thirty years, plenty of 60plus hour weeks with half! my pay going to support some low lifes and wasteful government spending. There are tens of thousands of hard working folks who did not opt to learn a trade but rather went to work in factories. They dedicated their lives to those jobs, bought homes, cars and raised families, but there was no safety net, no thankyou, just a kick in the *** as those jobs left. You think you're supporting a lot of folks now? Just wait as more jobs get shipped to mexico or overseas. The only way we can compete with the third world worker is to adopt their standard of living. That means living in filth, with nothing. That also means all you trade folks will also be earning pennies on the dollar because your customers will be broke. Our legislators screwed us with NAFTA, they screwed us by allowing the trade edficit to get out of hand. They screwed us by allowing millions of illegals to invade our country and take our jobs by working for s--t! Other countries impose tarrifs, and trade restrictions to protect their industries and workers. You can't keep thinking it's all about "Me" because we will all go down together. We need strong Unions, good paying jobs with great benefits and legislators who remember who elected them. We need to push out foreign made crap good and buy American, but we can't buy American if we don't make anything. China, India and the rest of the third world will kill themselves in the toxic atmosphere they developed. We the American workers were making jobs and the work place safer, we the American people were making our land and air cleaner but it wasn't cheap so the scumbag business picked up and left. Well good luck guys because maybe a few wealthy hardworking tradespeople can still afford your products but the rest of us are saving up for food and fuel. Watch and see how long it takes one of those workers from dubai, india, china , or mexico to buy a new car or truck
                        I don't disagree with what your saying ( well maybe the strong union part ). All I am saying is out of the two parties , I believe the lessor of two evils is the republican party. Not to say that there are not idiots in both parties. I know from experience that the more restrictions and taxes you put on someone the harder it is for them to grow and develop. I prescribe to the eBay way of doing things. As long as a person delivers the goods then let them play.
                        THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Who Will Be The Next President

                          Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          I worked for New York Tel for thirty years, plenty of 60plus hour weeks with half! my pay going to support some low lifes and wasteful government spending. There are tens of thousands of hard working folks who did not opt to learn a trade but rather went to work in factories. They dedicated their lives to those jobs, bought homes, cars and raised families, but there was no safety net, no thankyou, just a kick in the *** as those jobs left. You think you're supporting a lot of folks now? Just wait as more jobs get shipped to mexico or overseas. The only way we can compete with the third world worker is to adopt their standard of living. That means living in filth, with nothing. That also means all you trade folks will also be earning pennies on the dollar because your customers will be broke. Our legislators screwed us with NAFTA, they screwed us by allowing the trade edficit to get out of hand. They screwed us by allowing millions of illegals to invade our country and take our jobs by working for s--t! Other countries impose tarrifs, and trade restrictions to protect their industries and workers. You can't keep thinking it's all about "Me" because we will all go down together. We need strong Unions, good paying jobs with great benefits and legislators who remember who elected them. We need to push out foreign made crap good and buy American, but we can't buy American if we don't make anything. China, India and the rest of the third world will kill themselves in the toxic atmosphere they developed. We the American workers were making jobs and the work place safer, we the American people were making our land and air cleaner but it wasn't cheap so the scumbag business picked up and left. Well good luck guys because maybe a few wealthy hardworking tradespeople can still afford your products but the rest of us are saving up for food and fuel. Watch and see how long it takes one of those workers from dubai, india, china , or mexico to buy a new car or truck
                          You, better stop buying Ridgid tools because I doubt they are all made in the good old USA.
                          THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Who Will Be The Next President

                            Hey, you guys see the last debate between Billary and Bam Bam. This guy was there. Remember that this is a plumbing and woodworking site, lets not get too dam serious with the political stuff here.
                            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Who Will Be The Next President

                              Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                              Duck, I really like your plumbing answers, but when it comes to politics, I think it is just like your winning that contest. I have lived under 10 presidents and have yet to see a Republican get the nomination that isn't "for big business".
                              Read up my friend:

                              TheHill.com - K Street eyes McCain warily

                              Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

                              Whats funny is the fact that he's been so scrutinized over any fundraising he's done...mainly because he was the one to push for this reform.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Who Will Be The Next President

                                Originally posted by papadan View Post
                                Hey, you guys see the last debate between Billary and Bam Bam. This guy was there. Remember that this is a plumbing and woodworking site, lets not get too dam serious with the political stuff here.
                                Hey, do you know where I can get some of those . I think I am going to need them for the next four years.
                                THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X