Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who Will Be The Next President

Originally posted by papadan View Post
    Hey, you guys see the last debate between Billary and Bam Bam. This guy was there.

Remember that this is a plumbing and woodworking site, lets not get too dam serious with the political stuff here.
    Good heads up Dan.
    Great discussion, hopefully nothing gets ugly...so far it seems like we're able to openly discuss without trouble....so far.

Comment

I'm of the anyone but Hilliary crowd now that Mitt is out. McCain is not tough enough on the borders but against Hilliary he looks pretty darn good.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
        Hey, do you know where I can get some of those . I think I am going to need them for the next four years.
        If these things work all you'll be hearing is the introductions.

Comment

Not going to discuss the war or anything to do with that. But the fact that anyone thinking that Obama is the answer to our problems is silly to me. Personally Romney was the man for me. I just cannot stomach voting for a man who really has not accomplished anything to speak of. Oh wait a minute that's right he quit smoking before he decided to run for president. I am sure he will do wonderful things in health care. So what that he can speak well. I would to if I had paid writers.
          romneys dad decent gov of michigan, mitt used car salseman, biden edwards maybe. could be weve just got the best of the worst running. all we can ask for is someone who is going to stand up for the people, and people that will stand up for america

Comment

Do you know me?

I go to prison systems to collect votes. I even slash tires on the day of elections.

Do you know me?

More one liners from me before this thread gets locked.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              I'm of the anyone but Hilliary crowd now that Mitt is out. McCain is not tough enough on the borders but against Hilliary he looks pretty darn good.

Mark
              Could not agree more.
              THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Mark
                I agree...his stance on the borders was explained to me this way, If we were to attempt to deport all the millions of illegals...where would we get the money?
                Give 'em a chance to become legit, stop working under the radar, and bringing the economy & workforce down.
                Though I'd MUCH prefer booting them and I DO agree we need to protect our borders...lesser of the evils seems to be him.

Comment

I don't disagree with what your saying ( well maybe the strong union part ). All I am saying is out of the two parties , I believe the lessor of two evils is the republican party. Not to say that there are not idiots in both parties. I know from experience that the more restrictions and taxes you put on someone the harder it is for them to grow and develop. I prescribe to the eBay way of doing things. As long as a person delivers the goods then let them play.
                  Common sense in me totally agrees with you on the tax and restrictions, but where are we applying that to all the importers who do exactly that to our goods? About the Strong Union thing, I benefitted from my strong Union by being able to work safer and get better pay and benefits. All that allowed me buy a home and raise my familiy with a little more security had I not had that Union in my corner. Trust me New York Telephone which has changed names four or five times since was still able to pay top management obscene pay packages. Smaller business have it rough without a doubt. I think frivilous lawsuits have also crippled our economy. Social Security Disablilty and what doctors pay for malpractice insurance also adds to the mess. Set limits! If a doctor is so screwed up after one or two clearly bad procedures, pull his license. We need to revamp a lot in this country but bnakrupting the American worker will not get you the results you hope for. As for the lesser of two evils? I don't know. Democrats want to tax and spend on education and healthcare for all, nice idea but who pays for it? Republicans want to lower taxes for the rich and businesses, fine go right ahead but don't spend a trillion dollars on a war and say you don't believe in big government. They both stink.

Comment

Originally posted by aero1 View Post
                    romneys dad decent gov of michigan, mitt used car salseman, biden edwards maybe. could be weve just got the best of the worst running. all we can ask for is someone who is going to stand up for the people, and people that will stand up for america

Hmm, never knew a used car salesman who is worth billions. Considering he owns about 40 percent of Bain Capitals stock. I would say he is allot more than a used car salesman.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                      I agree...his stance on the borders was explained to me this way, If we were to attempt to deport all the millions of illegals...where would we get the money?
                      Give 'em a chance to become legit, stop working under the radar, and bringing the economy & workforce down.
                      Though I'd MUCH prefer booting them and I DO agree we need to protect our borders...lesser of the evils seems to be him.
                      We could easily displace those who are here illegaly with those waiting in line to do it the right way. Their employers not society should pay for their Social needs. If you hire a guest worker you take on the nresponsibility to provide needed services. If you hire an illegal you pay a large fine and the cost to deport them. Convienece should not be an excuse for the law.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                        Common sense in me totally agrees with you on the tax and restrictions, but where are we applying that to all the importers who do exactly that to our goods? About the Strong Union thing, I benefitted from my strong Union by being able to work safer and get better pay and benefits. All that allowed me buy a home and raise my familiy with a little more security had I not had that Union in my corner. Trust me New York Telephone which has changed names four or five times since was still able to pay top management obscene pay packages. Smaller business have it rough without a doubt. I think frivilous lawsuits have also crippled our economy. Social Security Disablilty and what doctors pay for malpractice insurance also adds to the mess. Set limits! If a doctor is so screwed up after one or two clearly bad procedures, pull his license. We need to revamp a lot in this country but bnakrupting the American worker will not get you the results you hope for. As for the lesser of two evils? I don't know. Democrats want to tax and spend on education and healthcare for all, nice idea but who pays for it? Republicans want to lower taxes for the rich and businesses, fine go right ahead but don't spend a trillion dollars on a war and say you don't believe in big government. They both stink.
                        I understand why you are the way you are. I have seen it a million times . What is it they call it again , oh that's right Fatal union poisoning syndrome. Its alright I have the cure. Simply sleep with Hillary Clinton, and drive off a bridge with Ted Kennedy. Yup that outta do it.

Comment

We could easily displace those who are here illegaly with those waiting in line to do it the right way. Their employers not society should pay for their Social needs. If you hire a guest worker you take on the nresponsibility to provide needed services. If you hire an illegal you pay a large fine and the cost to deport them. Convienece should not be an excuse for the law.

Mark
                          Ok, I'll go with that.
                          So freaking run fer office already!
                          (seriously...I'll vote)
                          Though it was a joke...there's a point, only those of priviledge, political connections or financial means get to run for the office that soooo desperately needs a perspective from our angle at the frontline.
                          I almost bought into Obama for his past, but he really does seem to just state generic slogans to appease the masses.
                          Overall, McCain seems to be closest to what we need as a country right now.

Comment

If you hire an illegal you pay a large fine and the cost to deport them. Convienece should not be an excuse for the law.

Mark
                            I just hadda comment on that one more time...envisioning hack contractors going under from being bagged with crews of illegals would certainly promote local commerce.
                            I like that, alot.

Comment

I understand why you are the way you are. I have seen it a million times . What is it they call it again , oh that's right Fatal union poisoning syndrome. Its alright I have the cure. Simply sleep with Hillary Clinton, and drive off a bridge with Ted Kennedy. Yup that outta do it.
                              Retired at age 48 full medical and dental. Lovely, loving wife and sorry I don't drink and drive. Free speech but not at it's best, "Crappy Days", maybe you would have better days had you been part of a Union? Difference between us aside from you being disrespectful, is that I lived the life of a Union man and I know the difference. If it makes your crappy day any better have the last word....

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                                Retired at age 48 full medical and dental. Lovely, loving wife and sorry I don't drink and drive. Free speech but not at it's best, "Crappy Days", maybe you would have better days had you been part of a Union? Difference between us aside from you being disrespectful, is that I lived the life of a Union man and I know the difference. If it makes your crappy day any better have the last word....
                                I am just having fun. Didn't mean any disrespect. I know allot more about unions then you care to know. My father was President of Subaru of New England for over a decade. While he was president, he kept the union out of the docks. He did this by explaining to his employees the benefit of not going union. They understood that they received bonuses for inventory moved by the number of workers they had. If the union came in the bonuses would go. The union is great or was great maybe 50 sixty years ago.

When my dad retired from Subaru , shortly after the union came in. work force went from around hundred guys to about a hundred and fifty. The majority of the guys actually took pay decreases, due to union rules ,work hours etc. The wages went down due to having to be spread over a larger work force doing the same amount of work. My dad paid his guys with incentives. Move more product make more money. Once the incentives left so did the effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X