X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Will Be The Next President

Is this county ready for a black or woman in the whitehouse ? Being a diehard Democrat I'm curious
    Life is Good, OleTom
    http://ConstructionWorkers.US

Re: Who Will Be The Next President

I think this country is ready for just about anything but I don't think either of them will make it to the white house and it has nothing to do with skin color or gender.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I think Woussko will do a great job for us!
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

It should be a Democrat, unless it's a tight race to the convention and some funny business ensues causing the party to split and implode.

The Republicans look pretty old and beat but the Huckabee thing cracks me up. I hope he stays in till the end and splits their convention.

Regardless, it's been great television so far, and should be right up till May.

Of course the fact that this is a billion dollar election process is fiscally revolting....

One thing is certain - no matter who wins the Iraq war will continue for at least 2 more years. Democrat or Republican - things will look pretty status quo for most of the next 4 years. Oh, and if you're looking for universal health care, you better move to Europe or Canada, 'cause nobody's getting that one past the gate.

Sure, Hillary Clinton can say she's gonna go to the Joint Chiefs and ask for a withdrawal date....they'll tell her, "When we're done, Hillary"....
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I cherish my right to vote and think about all the brave men and women who sacrificed to make it possible. I just don't think we can expect the next president to make much of a difference given the serious probems at hand. Things like the trade deficit, borders being secured, millions of illegals, economy, the war in iraq, etc. These are huge issues and if President Bush could not resolve any of them what makes us think someone else can? Regarding these candidates, I've usually voted democrat because I never felt the republicans took care of the working man, but obama seems to be nothing but hope and hype, clinton no way and it has nothing to do with her being a woman, McCain has the qualifications I just question his health? If the real question here is "What will it take to save our country"?, then I think we need some kind of special task force that isn't in anyones pocket. Some group of smart people who can say alright this is what has to happen first! Can we really keep losing jobs, paying more for gas and fuel, fund a trillion dollar war and allow millions of illegals to benefit from our land and expect things to suddenly change for the better? I think it's gonna take a lot more than a new president.

Comment

Ralph Nader

Vote Stealer
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
              Ralph Nader

Vote Stealer
              Please tell me he's not planning on running again

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                Please tell me he's not planning on running again

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23319781/
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
                  I think Woussko will do a great job for us!

There's no way I would run for office. In just one day ...

I want to line up lawyers and politicians and then just let me have a machine gun. You know the rest.....
                  Last edited by Woussko; 02-24-2008, 04:19 PM.

Comment

McCain...
                    I typed a freaking 1000 word essay on why I like him, but opted to simplify it.
                    We're in trouble, our dollar is almost a joke on the global scale, OPEC all but toys with our economy and special interest here at home is keeping the big three and oil refineries a lucrative source for campaign funds & political influence. (just my opinion)
                    We have lost jobs to immoral outsourcing practices that pit us against third world workers that earn pennies on us.
                    We're losing jobs right here at home over illegals that have to hide & take work from scum that turn a blind eye on morality, while we seem convinced we can just hoard millions on a boat and send 'em back.

McCain almost lost his political career fighting the tobacco industry to do what was right for our country...didn't make him popular with campaign contributors either.
                    I see Billary and and Obama gouging at eachothers reputations & resorting to the same generically tragic repetitive campaign slogans over and over and over. (one even plagerizing my own governors slogan...geesh can't even think up his own generic campaign slogans??)
                    We're in deep doo-doo, I don't think the solution is easy at all.
                    We need someone to tell us like it is and it MUST be for the agenda of our country and it's best interrest.
                    He has made HUGE sacrifices in his life for our country's best interrest.
                    I pray he wins.

Comment

it seem most of you are blue collar working class just like me, so there for we dont make near enough money to even consider voting as republicans. as for a woman shes brilliant and would probably be able to get the job done except for the clinton cloud that hangs ominously over her head a sort of past that never finds a way. so that leaves obama, rock star charisma great speaker that leads me to wonder, he can talk the talk but can he walk the walk. my self as a plumbing contractor am still kinda on the fence but starting to lean. very interesting time to be alive.

Comment

Originally posted by aero1 View Post
                        it seem most of you are blue collar working class just like me, so there for we dont make near enough money to even consider voting as republicans.
                        It's just not like that anymore...the lines between parties have become blurred.
                        McCain certainly isn't all for big business overall.

Comment

your right there is alot of wash out there and uderstand this is just my opinion but whoever inherits the mess that is being left behind better have major backbone, a very large, broom and better start taking much better care of the people of the usa weve all been thru enough sh-t

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                            It's just not like that anymore...the lines between parties have become blurred.
                            McCain certainly isn't all for big business overall.
                            Duck, I really like your plumbing answers, but when it comes to politics, I think it is just like your winning that contest. I have lived under 10 presidents and have yet to see a Republican get the nomination that isn't "for big business".

Comment

Originally posted by aero1 View Post
                              it seem most of you are blue collar working class just like me, so there for we dont make near enough money to even consider voting as republicans. as for a woman shes brilliant and would probably be able to get the job done except for the clinton cloud that hangs ominously over her head a sort of past that never finds a way. so that leaves obama, rock star charisma great speaker that leads me to wonder, he can talk the talk but can he walk the walk. my self as a plumbing contractor am still kinda on the fence but starting to lean. very interesting time to be alive.
                              What does blue collar have to do with not voting republican. I grew up four houses down the street from the Onassis estate in Newport RI. One thing I know is just because the Kennedy's were my neighbors doesn't mean I was going to vote for them. At this point I will suck it up and vote for the least liberal one out of the bunch which is McCain. Let me guess you don't work for yourself do you.
                              THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Working...
                              X