Woussko = sick and no howling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woussko = sick and no howling

Since Thursday the 28th in the evening and through now, I've been a sick old hound dog. I can't think straight and any attempts to howl result in pain inside. I'll try to be back before too long and hopefully we be able to post a few helpful things. Until then it's best that I stay in "The Woussko Hut" and rest. There seems to be lots of sickness in the area and I guess I got something going around. Everyone take care of yourselves, please.

Woussko Hound

Re: Woussko = sick and no howling

yep.. its going around. My kids are both sick now. My wife has a cold too and I will probably get sick within a day or two.. what can ya do.

Hope ya feel better soon.

Josh

Comment

I got the "what.ever.it.is" back in January. Nasty stuff and probably most long-lasting "cold" I've ever had. Still got the runny nose and headache.

I'm sure you'll all survive, although at times you might be wondering about that.

Stay warm and try not to work too hard. Hopefully you'll be back on your feet soon,

CWS

Comment

And I too, have had the cruds for 2 1/2 weeks now, and of course the rest of the family too. The kids just love to bring this stuff home from school. Funny thing was, the kids got really sick, when they had a week off from school, 3 weeks ago. So they didn't miss any school, that just bummed them out....

Me, I still went to work and passed it on to the HO, he was just happy I kept on working and didn't take no time off, so I could complete his job and I did...
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Woussko,
          Best get in to see a vet soon. I've been sick since Jan. 28th. Finally went to see the vet on Thursday, Feb. 28. He said I had influenza, then went into a sinus infection. By the time I saw him, it had progressed to chronic bronchitis and pneumonia. He put me on antibiotics pronto. I said he should just call Dr. Jack and be done with me. So far the antibiotics haven't touched it and I still feel sick. Think I'll go crawl into a corner and croak.
          Jim Don

Comment

Funny this thread came up. I've been feeling under the weather this weekend and didn't want to do anything.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Gear,
              Evaluate how it started. Did it come on fast like a freight train? Muscle or joint aches? Sensitivity to daylight? If it came on really fast, it's probably influenza. Influenza is rampant this year. If you suspect that, get to a doc within 24-48 hours on onset. They can give you Tamiflu or another med, I forget the name right now, that will lessen the symptoms and the discomfort, although it will not cure it. If you don't you'll really suffer. Best remedy for influenza is liquids, bed rest and Naproxen Sodium which is available over the counter and will take away the joint and body aches. Hope this helps.
              Jim Don

Comment

Originally posted by JimDon View Post
                Naproxen Sodium which is available over the counter and will take away the joint and body aches.
                Naproxen sodium - also sold under the brand name "Aleve".

Good stuff. Excellent when used in conjunction with Tylenol 3 for major tension pain such as migrane headaches.

Combine 1 naproxen sodium with 1 extra strength Tylenol for a good pain killing mix for muscle/joint/body aches, and fever suppression. (I'm not a doc, but I know my stuff as the name implies, as well my wife is a nurse, too.) See your doc if you have any questions.

Comment

Hope you feel better woussko.

Get some rest and drink some tea, get a distemper if you need it
                  sigpic

Robert

Comment

I've been sick for 10 days now. I am going to the doctor this morning. I don't know what is wrong with me.

I would feel o.k. then go to work and about 3 hours into the day I just want to die.
                    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Been fighting it a bit over 4 weeks now.1st week was real miserable and went thru a roll of tp a day for the faucet nose.Then felt better so hopped on the plane to see the wife and boy,already had the ticket.The puddle jumper plane about half the people were coughing and fighting a runny nose.Took nap with tyl too on the 747 across the pacific.Luckily no fever going thru the temperature reading station in HK.Hopped on the HK to cebu plane taking more nap and tyl...got thru the temp station in cebu too.Then got to the hotel bought 2 liters of water..those lasted about 6 hours,had a fever too at the hotel.Next morning caught the airbus on to Davao feelin like roadkill.Basically just crashed out mostly for over a week here at the house with antibiotics and nap and tyl.I think I might have caught flu version 2 on the puddle jumper to sfo.This stuff is miserable so rest and fluids really is best
                      Sam

Comment

Do they still have the temp stations over in Hong Kong and related SAR countries? I got nailed twice (once in Taiwan and once in HK) with those and it really did suck.
                        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Doctor said I have Bronchitis. I got a shot and some pills. At least I made the nurses day, she got to see the plumbers crack.
                          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Get Well Soon Woussko

Need Ya Here

Comment

UPDATE:

I'm better but being on strong meds I'm a bit funny headed so I have to rest and be careful. Give me a few days and I should be good again.

Comment

Working...
                              X