X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick of China and Mexico

Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 03-10-2010, 05:40 PM.

Re: Sick of China and Mexico

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    I'm tired of the products we use that come from somewhere other than the United States. I'm familiar with world economy somewhat. It's just sad and aggravating when I open that Kohler faucet with the proud sticker seal on the box and see a China casting or in the directions. Also Am. Standard and other brands. Turn your Kohler toilet over. Mexico. Copper fittings, copper pipe, black iron, on and on. You've seen it too. I don't know what to do to fix it but it just bothers me. And I can't help thinking that the guy who used to make these things one day won't be able to call us for service. He doesn't have a job. Alright, I'm done complaining.

J.C.
    So who you vot'n for.

Comment

Thats what we need! Someone to run with some kind of warranty.
      All the politicians get on their soapboxes and spew their filth to get your vote but when the gig is up, they rarely have come through with their promises.

NAFTA? WTF where they thinking? Both parties had a play in that and I don't remember having a chance to vote for/against it!
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
        Thats what we need! Someone to run with some kind of warranty.
        All the politicians get on their soapboxes and spew their filth to get your vote but when the gig is up, they rarely have come through with their promises.

NAFTA? WTF where they thinking? Both parties had a play in that and I don't remember having a chance to vote for/against it!

well said. I am very tired of the products and the influx, we need to close the boarders and bring the jobs back to america, this is the only way we will be strong.

Right now, everyone is laughing at us, our dollar is worthless.
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Well you better get used to it as countries like China, Japan and the oil countries own the U.S. now, who do you think foots the bill for the trillions of dollors in your national debt.

Regards
          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
            Right now, everyone is laughing at us, our dollar is worthless.
            Sad, isn't it?
            I think some parts of the world see us as spoiled brats.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
              Sad, isn't it?
              I think some parts of the world see us as spoiled brats.
              With good reason.

Comment

With a Global Economy we will always be screwed, NAFTA has nothing to do with China, only Mexico and Canada. We mostly get lumber from Canada and a bunch of illegal immigrants from the south. Our Government should get a forum like this one on the internet and give all legal residents of these United States a right to vote on issues and let us decide what is best for us, not a bunch of rich politicians with special interest groups filling their pockets with cash and gifts. Put the Government back into the hands of the people.
                ________
                Yamaha Gts1000
                Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 05:35 PM.
                Mike

Comment

Is'nt if F-ing special that we get stuck with all this third world, second rate crap from China, but they buy NOTHING from us.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    Is'nt if F-ing special that we get stuck with all this third world, second rate crap from China, but they buy NOTHING from us.
                    I agree.
                    Double edged sword...knowing the price for say, a Ridgid 300, and knowing the parts are likely made in China...do we really want to pay twice the price for the parts to be made in the U.S.A.?
                    I have absolutely no idea how to solve that problem, maybe tax the crap outta foreign imports to encourage more domestic MFG'ed parts?

Seems like a viscious circle.
                    Someone once made the argument that as we move less skilled menial tasks over sea's, we force ourselves to attain more education and seek higher level careers.

I'm just happy if I can rest assured that the toy I bought my 2 year old neice isn't loaded with lead.

Comment

today this one lady wouldnt let us put in a prv unless it was made in the usa, but it was so we were set . but yea if u have that as a rule in life, good for you, i wish i was that way myself,

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                        A very large portion of our scrap iron is being exported to China. The problem, is that we are buying it back in finished and semi-finished product. I dont know who should get the majority blame for this. More than likely its us U.S. consumers though.

Comment

I like, when you go to Home Depot and they convieniantly have all the boxes turned spanish side out.
                          sigpic

Comment

http://www.bls.gov/cps/prev_yrs.htm
                            This is the unemployment percent of the country.

I have no problem with China and Mexico taking jobs from Americans. What kind of jobs are they taking? Menial factory jobs that don't pay well, few benefits. Let foreign countries take these jobs; it placates and institutionalizes their citizens minds. Who grows up dreaming of making tupperware and knick knacks? I worked in a factory as a teenager. Quiet desperation was all I saw on the faces of my coworkers.

I have a problem with India. That country takes well paying computer skilled jobs that Americans could have and would want. I have a problem with American companies not holding foreign countries to the American standard. American companies ride on the glory of their past reputation but are out to make a fast buck by letting the quality suffer. That's what I have a problem with.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruudacguy View Post
                              A very large portion of our scrap iron is being exported to China. The problem, is that we are buying it back in finished and semi-finished product. I dont know who should get the majority blame for this. More than likely its us U.S. consumers though.
                              Most of our steel and the world's is going to China for the 3 gorges dam.
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Gorges_Dam
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X