X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Products?

Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 03-10-2010, 05:41 PM.

Re: American Products?

Bradford White water heaters.

Can't ride with you on a pair of boots that only last 9 months for $180.00.Re-sole for $35.00 one time only,after that the leather on the top of the toe wears out and you have to put on a BOZO BOOT looking cap.Wore 'em for years when they were only $100.00.Waste of money for me now.

Maybe I'll buy a pair for dinner out and golfing,or church.They are the most comfortable.

Comment

Toyota, espically the Tundra(best American made truck).
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i just bought a pair of redwings.... They are now made in china... what a horrible thought i used to wear chippewa boots when these redwings wear out i am going back simply because of where they are made everything else is the same. the chippewas lasted 2 years and were the same price and just as comfortable

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing
          Surprised. I've worn just about all of them and Red Wings last me longer than any others. You must be livin' tougher than me.
          NAH,I just run around in circles trying to impress people.Check out my wear pattern.Right front is the first to blowout.

Comment

I have an 03 tundra SR5 TRD contractor edition with 75,000 miles and not a single problem. First year models always have problems.

I like Carhartt clothes, Ridgid plumbing tools and Surefire flashlights.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Not to be a Forum Cop but this and many other recent Threads in the Professional Forum seem better fit in the Open Discussion Forum. Let's not forget the Pro's on this site asked for this Forum so they would have a place to discuss issues relevant to the Professional Plumber.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Good point Mark, maybe Josh can move this for us?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Lincoln electric welding machines and electrodes ,they still make them over in Cleveland. top notch equipment

Comment

I like japanese stuff.
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Leatherman tools. Made in Oregon, at least they used to be. Pretty sure they still make a good many of them there. I still have my original Leatherman. The knife is getting kind of worn, but it's still a very useful tool.

I get a custom knife now and then for the collection, all made in America.

Remember...buy local. You support your community and that'll make it a better place to live!
                      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

White brand hand made boots are great.I guess channel locks and visegrips are still american made.Ridgid pipe tool products.Klein and Ideal electrician tools last I knew were american made.I really can't think of a hand tool I own ,in the states,thats not made in usa or germany.For my machine working tools I stick to Starrette or Mitutoyo.Power tools tho yea its getting near impossible to buy 1 that doesnt have some part made else where or totally made over seas.Many of my older stationary tools are Delta but after buying 2 newer Deltas made in asia no more, the quality on both were terrible.I avoid the HF hand tools like the plague.Here in the philippines theres a tool brand called lotus.I bought a few as I haven't brought my good stuff over yet.Lotus is very good quality it seems ..some are made in america,the drill bits,taps,dies and screwdrivers appear to be Irwin rebranded..the rest I bought are made in japan.Stanley I've seen here is made in china and the quality feel just isnt there.
                        Sam

Comment

Working...
                        X