employer's rig

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• employer's rig

dunbar got me thinking. whats the worst thing you have done while you were an apprentice to your employers rig? did they find out. i think ill let some guys answer before i put mine down.
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Re: employer's rig

Back when I was a pipelayer I would plow/sand for the same co while on winter lay off. The sanding unit on my truck was old and troublesome. After much bitching the owner and I went shopping. He gets a brand new stainless sander and says heres your new toy. He also says something along the lines of "your only getting this because I know you'll take care of it" Well.. long story short. The first night out I backed it right into a pole. Luckily I just bent a flap that was easy to fix. I got away with a lot at that co but that one pissed him off. I can't blame him. I came back to the shop with my head held low and my tail between my legs, boy did I feel like an a*^.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
      dunbar got me thinking. whats the worst thing you have done while you were an apprentice to your employers rig? did they find out. i think ill let some guys answer before i put mine down.
      I just posted mine yesterday

Comment

When I was in Spain I got an MTVR stuck in a dried lake bed. That's karma for you. Go offroad in a government vehicle and you get towed back with your entire chain of command behind you. I think my butt lost 10 lbs after that a$$ chewing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium_...le_Replacement
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I got the van stuck on a steep driveway and had to get it towed out...boss paid for it without complaining. That was cool.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

O.K. Haycad, time to spill the beans. That's 4 stories. Time to tell yours.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Rolled it. So far I think I win.
              sigpic

Comment

I melted the plastic tread on the rear bumper while soldering. My joint looked good though.
                Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  Rolled it. So far I think I win.

I used to rake golf balls as a teenager for the local country club

What's the first thing you do when you jump in a new golf cart?

Stomp on the gas pedal? that's what I did

This cart was in reverse

Only the canopy was visible sticking out of the water

Naturally, this was right next to the pro shop The tow truck tore up the 18th green trying to pull this thing off of the muddy bottom. Those 8 batteries really weigh those things down

Hosed it out and it ran fine

Comment

I was never an apprentice, but when I surveyed for the company I work for I backed over a pedestrian signal pole with the survey van. I had the van parked on the sidewalk and had to back out to get back on the road. The pole lined up perfectly with the blind spot between the rear door windows. All I heard was glass exploding as it hit the walk. No damage to the van. My boss was with me that day and neither of us realized I hit it until we heard the glass explode from the pedestrian pole.

Comment

Foreman asked me to make a stock run on a commercial job at a college campus in the truck the owner had just gotten him the month before, the scenary was very distracting.

I hit a stanchion for a chain barrier to a walkway with a security guard guiding me to back up.
                      We both agreed the cause of distraction was worthwhile, my foreman wasn't quite so agreeable.

Comment

my boss does not get mad when some one does something to a truck , all he asks if the any was hurt .
                        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

I used to rake golf balls as a teenager for the local country club

What's the first thing you do when you jump in a new golf cart?

Stomp on the gas pedal? that's what I did

This cart was in reverse

Only the canopy was visible sticking out of the water

Naturally, this was right next to the pro shop The tow truck tore up the 18th green trying to pull this thing off of the muddy bottom. Those 8 batteries really weigh those things down

Hosed it out and it ran fine
                          OK, that puts me in second place
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                            OK, that puts me in second place
                            I get a 250k military vehicle stuck and I can't even get honarable mention?
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I'll give you 3 gold stars Ben if you tell me what a MTVR vehicle is

Comment

Working...
                              X