X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID ROUNDUP 2008 - Official

Ok folks... here it is. We just got final approval for running the RIDGID Roun dup in conjunction with the video contest week. So the date is Wednesday June 4th through June 6th with on your own optional time after that. Friday afternoon and Saturday are open for either travel days or you for experiencing some of the area attractions like cedar point.

I will get details up as well as a signup form. This years roundup is limited to 40 participants. First come first serve on commitments. You may bring a guest/spouse along as well. Guests and spouses count toward the 40 total. Winners of the Video contest and their guest do not count against the 40 total.

If you sign up for the roundup now and your video submission wins one of the top 5 slots we will reimburse you for your travel expense and pick up your hotel tab (if your brining a guest they can stay in your hotel room for free)

So if you haven't figured it out it is well worth putting a submission in for the video contest to get a free ride to the roundup in addition to the cool stuff around the video contest.

Some stuff on the tentative schedule

- Wednesday night mixer
    - Walk through our schoolhouse where we have all our machines and tools laid out to play with.
    - Talk to the people who make RIDGID Tools
    - Meet Fred Pond(president) and RIDGID executives
    - Trade Skills Contests (details of contest to be hashed out in another thread)
    - Fun night (go carts, bumper boats, putt putt, batting cages, arcade, etc.) with dinner
    - Contest Awards Ceremony
    - Video Awards Ceremonies (where we select the grand prize winner of the video contest)
    - Open discussion (speak your mind, ask your questions)

I'm really excited about this. Its gonna be an absolute blast!!!

So start thinking about this over the weekend. I will put the signup form up on either Monday or Tuesday.

Josh

Re: RIDGID ROUNDUP 2008 - Official

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    i don't train

i work everyday. it's in my blood and under my fingernails

we'll have to have a mandatory meeting of the masters to discuss our plans.

rick.
    Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    For anyone wondering I was just kidding about us staying at Josh's house during the Ridgid Roundup. The Westcoast Crew has actually made their reservations at the La Quinta hotel over by the Cleveland Airport on 150th St. If anyone needs a ride from the airport give us a call and we will try to take care of you.

Mark
    I believe you are booked into room #126 which is one of their larger suites. I just don't know if it has a jacuzzi or not. If it doesn't we can always install one.

How is your training schedule going and are you ready for our road trip?

Mark
    josh, you're a little late. we've been planning this for a long time, right in front of your eyes

glad you got the go ahead. i'm sure it will be a great chance to meet all the guys and girls that want to play.

now that's it's official, i'll really start to turn up the heat

don't tell me you drum guys have a prior commitment

change them, we don't want a 1 sided contest

and book early as 40 will fill up fast with my support crew

rick.

p.s. thanks josh and ridgid for pulling this off
    phoebe it is

Comment

josh, you're a little late. we've been planning this for a long time, right in front of your eyes

glad you got the go ahead. i'm sure it will be a great chance to meet all the guys and girls that want to play.

now that's it's official, i'll really start to turn up the heat

don't tell me you drum guys have a prior commitment

change them, we don't want a 1 sided contest

and book early as 40 will fill up fast with my support crew

rick.

p.s. thanks josh and ridgid for pulling this off

Its going to be a 1 sided contest. Drum machine takes all.

All Clear, make sure you bring that trailer with you, we are going to need it for all our trophies

Cant wait for this to happen. I dont care how many jobs im going to have to put off, im there.
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Josh,

Count me in but I will leave Brenda at home to make room for others.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

For you west coasters I just found out something disturbing as far as dates.

PHCC Long Beach June 8th Thats that Saturday. Its gotta be that week for the roundup though. I guess its no huge deal for you guys if you need to make the show you could fly back Friday evening. Would be sad to miss the Saturday fun though.

Anyways its gonna rock. I am really excited to have everyone here .

Josh

BTW>.. we thought of really cool awards for the contest winners. Plus I think you guys are really going to enjoy swings and things (the go cart , puttputt, icream, batting cages, etc. place)
          Last edited by Josh; 03-07-2008, 09:04 PM.

Comment

I'm there ,sounds good josh

Greg i will have my pickup truck to help you bring home all of your trophies
            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
              BTW>.. we thought of really cool awards for the contest winners.
              Limited Edition Gold Plated K-60s?

Comment

Yeah,

I will stay home and make room for the other guys kidding...

I would not be able to handle so much testosterone plus I have a puppy separation anxiety I cannot leave my puppy for more then a 24 hrs.

Mrs. Westcoast
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

40 does seem like a small number...humorous thought, I wonder how many of us that are self employed are going to modify our schedules Mon & Tues so we can get dibs?
                  Mrs Ducky gave me the tentative ok a few weeks back...now I just gotta pour on the charm over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                    For you west coasters I just found out something disturbing as far as dates.

PHCC Long Beach June 8th Thats that Saturday. Its gotta be that week for the roundup though. I guess its no huge deal for you guys if you need to make the show you could fly back Friday evening. Would be sad to miss the Saturday fun though.

Anyways its gonna rock. I am really excited to have everyone here .

Josh

BTW>.. we thought of really cool awards for the contest winners. Plus I think you guys are really going to enjoy swings and things (the go cart , puttputt, icream, batting cages, etc. place)

Does this mean you will not be present for the Tradeshow this year Josh??? No Josh at the Ridgid Booth???? No Josh and golf in Los Angeles???

The wife say's I can go, I am just sad that I will have to miss the tradeshow, I live for the tradeshows.
                    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Limited Edition Gold Plated K-60s?
                      don't be offering my gold impressionator to the guys. it's not yours to give away.

plus i thought you were the k-50 man.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

don't be offering my gold impressionator to the guys. it's not yours to give away.

plus i thought you were the k-50 man.

rick.
                        You see grasshopper that is why you should not assume. I perfer the K-50 over the K-60 but I own them both the same way that I perfer sectionals to drum but I own them both. To this day I still say if I could only have one machine on my truck it would be a K-50. I would have to turn down mainline stoppages but we always did more fixture drains then mainlines anyways. However, since our service trucks averaged 5 or 6 machines I could always grab whatever machine I wanted.

Mark

Comment

Holy cow!

First time I've seen mark not agreeing with rick, rick not agreeing with mark about drain cleaning machines.

This calls for unsalted peanuts and diana ross music.

it's gonna get good and quick!
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                            Holy cow!

First time I've seen mark not agreeing with rick, rick not agreeing with mark about drain cleaning machines.

This calls for unsalted peanuts and diana ross music.

it's gonna get good and quick!

The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

will there be side betting going on with this
                              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                              X