Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If WWII was done by Video Gamers, slightly off color

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    How do we turn it around.? Simple, teach by example
    Your answer while accurate is why things are in such a mess. The example that's been taught is be disrespectful, irresponsilbe, buy on credit, get married and break your vows, show little or no concern for your fellow man. How do we as a society get parents, adults to set a better example of proper conduct? I think there needs to be strick laws enacted that limit or prevent credit debt. I think marriage needs to be restructured somehow so that couples can better understand the seriousness of the marriage contract. Maybe parents need to have more legal responsibility for their children and more legal control. We can't have business as usual with all these broken homes and screwed up kids and expect a better outcome. I'd like to see limits on lawsuit awards and stricter penalties for both violent crimes and white collar crimes. Fraudulent business people are causing society just as much harm as the common criminals. The ills of society are far reaching and need a number of fixes. Maybe a master plan drawn up by smart people from different parts of our society could be a good start. Right now it's a free for all with no plan to fix anything, not our families, economy, or anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Your answer while accurate is why things are in such a mess. The example that's been taught is be disrespectful, irresponsilbe, buy on credit, get married and break your vows, show little or no concern for your fellow man. How do we as a society get parents, adults to set a better example of proper conduct? I think there needs to be strick laws enacted that limit or prevent credit debt. I think marriage needs to be restructured somehow so that couples can better understand the seriousness of the marriage contract. Maybe parents need to have more legal responsibility for their children and more legal control. We can't have business as usual with all these broken homes and screwed up kids and expect a better outcome. I'd like to see limits on lawsuit awards and stricter penalties for both violent crimes and white collar crimes. Fraudulent business people are causing society just as much harm as the common criminals. The ills of society are far reaching and need a number of fixes. Maybe a master plan drawn up by smart people from different parts of our society could be a good start. Right now it's a free for all with no plan to fix anything, not our families, economy, or anything else.
      May I assume that you will not be casting your ballot for the Democratic Party.?
      sigpic

Comment

May I assume that you will not be casting your ballot for the Democratic Party.?
        I honestly can't picture either party's candidate doing anything to change any of these troubled areas. I want our borders secured and the situation with illegals resolved, no candidate will do this. I'd like to see the trade deficit worked on and our economy fixed in a way that Americans can work without their jobs moving away. I won't keep ranting but none of the candidates in my opinion will face and resolve any of these problems. I am not pleased with the current administration and from what I've seen of the democratic congress God help us. I think we have reached a point no return, too many jobs lost, too much foreign interest controlling our country. Both democrats and republicans have let us down for years with our open borders and pandering to lobbyists instead of looking out for the long term stability of the USA!

Comment

I agree with you guys 100% on the video games thing. It amazes me to look back 15 years at the games I used to play. I remember vividly that the most explicit thing I ever experienced was a guy saying "sh*t" in a typed out dialog on the screen. Shoot all my friends knew about that one part of the game. Now there are video games out there where you pretend your a serial killer and hunt people down.

I do have 1 war game that is violent the rest are racing and sports games. Playing online the other day made me thing about the exact thing you brought up... theres 8 year olds out there that can run around and kill everyone on the screen in these photo realistic games.

Ya gotta think that these games effect these kids perception of reality. Pretty messed up stuff.

Josh

Comment

jeez now I'm really depressed.

I'd take a lot more of this to heart, but being a history major and having studied U.S. politics, I can with all sincerity tell you that things have always been this bad and somehow we've always managed to muddle through.

sooner or later the cream rises to the top.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
              My game name is V1X3N .... now you all know my dark secret!!!

Return to Castle Wolfenstein multiplayer when I'm bored. Rated Mature for blood splatter. It's no Mrs. PacMan thats for sure.

The kids are the ones using bad language. The adults for the most part keep it clean and civil.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                I agree with you guys 100% on the video games thing. It amazes me to look back 15 years at the games I used to play. I remember vividly that the most explicit thing I ever experienced was a guy saying "sh*t" in a typed out dialog on the screen. Shoot all my friends knew about that one part of the game. Now there are video games out there where you pretend your a serial killer and hunt people down.

I do have 1 war game that is violent the rest are racing and sports games. Playing online the other day made me thing about the exact thing you brought up... theres 8 year olds out there that can run around and kill everyone on the screen in these photo realistic games.

Ya gotta think that these games effect these kids perception of reality. Pretty messed up stuff.

Josh
                Josh, I use to laugh when I was in my twenties and we would leave an amusement park after riding the bumper cars. I still had the urge to crash into the cars all around me. I just think all that violence even though it's in a game might make the real thing just a little to easy to stomach. Scary.

Comment

jeez now I'm really depressed.

I'd take a lot more of this to heart, but being a history major and having studied U.S. politics, I can with all sincerity tell you that things have always been this bad and somehow we've always managed to muddle through.

sooner or later the cream rises to the top.
                  I'm glad you are optimistic and I wish I shared your knowledge of our history and belief that things will somehow work out for the better. I can't help think that these exact or very similar circumstances are unique to our times. Certainly the USA has faced tough times in the past with the depression, wars and inflation, but can you put into perspective a good outcome with such a loss of jobs, imbalance between what we consume and export and some of the other factors happening right now including the twelve to twenty million illegals who are receiving benefits that taxpayers must pay for? I can appreciate oil companies having the right to profit and do well for their shareholders, but will gasoline and heating prices reach the point of harming our economy and if so does our government have the right or responsibility to step in and delcare a national emergency? This may sound crazy to some but could the price of oil cripple our economy if it keeps rising? Is there a difference between making a profit on commodities that we can as consumers an avoid or reduce and commodities that are essential to our surivial? I think next winter will see a lot of adults and children living in cold homes. I know I sound negative but I think it's already very serious and we are just fooling ourselves to ignore it.

Comment

Funny stuff

I'll never care about the world's problems, let alone my neighbors. Life is a marathon and nothing matters more than winning.

You won't see me on the sideline wishing, hoping, blaming another for my faults.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                      Funny stuff

I'll never care about the world's problems, let alone my neighbors. Life is a marathon and nothing matters more than winning.

You won't see me on the sideline wishing, hoping, blaming another for my faults.
                      Nice picture of our economy. You are not alone in not caring, that's how things have gotten so bad. Guess you'll be filling your gas tank with shits and giggles?

Comment

Working...
                      X