Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Our Gas Pumps

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
    I think we all need to rise up in arms and scare the *** out of illegal immigrants to where they run for the bordrer to get back home. My idea is to open fire at but not actually hit them. Just make them know we do mean business.

Tax imported items and I mean tax them, but use that tax to rebuild our factories so the real good are made here again.

As for schools, tax the *** out of people that have loads of kids going to school and for us with no children, please give us a break.
    I think it's too late to send any illegals except the criminals back home. They are here to stay, so why not make them legal and require them to pay taxes and support the government in which they reside? Give them the opportunity to leave if they want, since many do save up what they've earned and go back home anyway! Yes, secure the borders and if you want to be humane use rubber bullets but we need to save our country from more illegals entering. As for taxes and schools, I only have one daughter going to school but I'll gladly keep paying school taxes if it prevents more kids from going up into stupid adults. Just show me some positive results for my investment, we don't want a generation of idiots taking up space just to save us some tax dollars, do we?

Comment

EVERYTHING is getting more expensive. We all have to learn to buy local, and do local. Businesses need to rethink their stupid "paradigms" and learn that telecommuting is viable. To the manager that says "I can't track my people's work if I can't see them" I say get out of managing and let someone in that can do the job!

The other pet peeve of mine is making FOOD into a FUEL! Does this actually make sense to anyone?!?! When there's things like switch grass that can be made into a viable fuel...why dear heavens WHY would you use FOOD?????

We all have lessons to learn to get beyond this looming catastrophe. CFL bulbs are a start. South-facing windows, and passive solar is another idea that has been around for years and years. To make my home more efficient, I'm going to have to put in ceiling light tubes and insulate more. I don't have any south-facing windows. Hydrogen fuel cells to power the home is another great idea. As solar becomes more efficient, there are ways of using the solar power to make the hydrogen gas. Then that fuel can run your car and power your home.

There are a lot of very good building techniques that can help make homes more efficient. We all need to start learning these methods and putting them to use. Reduce the amount of wood, re-use what you can.

We have the ideas, we just have to get them into the mainstream. We CAN make this work, and it's up to us to do so.
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Sandy

Being in the country, maybe you can plant a nice row of trees and over time have a wind screen. Besides having the trees you will save some on heating fuel costs.

As for turning food into burnable fuel, using garbage is fine with me, but please don't use harvested crops that can feed animals and/or people. I for one want to see far more sewage gas burned as a heating fuel in commercial - industrial installations. It may as well do some good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        To everyone if you do try out compact fluorescent lamps, please try to look for those made by one of the large lamp manufactures and do not buy off brand junk from China. Most of them really are junk. Also take a good look at the label on them. If they say warm white more than likely they will give off yucko yellow-orange light. Look for bright white or better yet 3500K color temp on the package. That way they won't look like sodium vapor street lighting inside your home. Only buy one of a given type and try it. What you like, get more and be sure to match the bar code numbers. What you hate, make a list to never, buy another.

Where colors and color rendering matter, try replacing regular light bulbs with halogen bulbs. Where I tried it, I got brighter nice white light and was able to use lower Wattage replacements. Try using white reflectors too. Put the light where you need and want it.

Now everyone be please good and buy a good tire pressure gauge and every week check the pressure (cold) in all of your tires. Check the spare too while you're at it. It won't be of any use unless properly inflated. Proper air pressure really does save fuel, gives a better ride and results in a safer car or truck where your tires will last longer. Be sure to rotate your tires on a regular basis too. It really does pay off and many tire dealer will do it for free if you purchased your tires from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
          I think we all need to rise up in arms and scare the *** out of illegal immigrants to where they run for the bordrer to get back home. My idea is to open fire at but not actually hit them. Just make them know we do mean business.

Tax imported items and I mean tax them, but use that tax to rebuild our factories so the real good are made here again.

As for schools, tax the *** out of people that have loads of kids going to school and for us with no children, please give us a break.
          Boy, I'm sure glad you live in Md. and not close to me! Where are all those stray bullets going to end up? Can you tell if someone is here illegally just by looking at them? I sure hope you don't ever have need for some service provided by people 20 years from now--no one will be smart enough to do the job if your "school tax idea" were to go into effect. Who paid for your education? I agree, we have problems to solve, but lets be realistic about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
            Boy, I'm sure glad you live in Md. and not close to me! Where are all those stray bullets going to end up? Can you tell if someone is here illegally just by looking at them? I sure hope you don't ever have need for some service provided by people 20 years from now--no one will be smart enough to do the job if your "school tax idea" were to go into effect. Who paid for your education? I agree, we have problems to solve, but lets be realistic about it.
            Maybe I'm wrong but I think he was exaggerating and saying things out of frustration that he did not mean. You can't allow millions of people to enter your country illegally over many years and then demonize them. You can demand secure borders and you can demand these people either pay the same taxes we do to support our government or see that they leave. So far our government doesn't seem motivated to do either, which leads me to believe it will be a massive job to see through. On the issue of education most folks who don't have children or are older and have adult children are burdened by taxes and can't see the fairness in having to pay for something they are not benefitting from. The truth of the matter as I see it is that we all benefit from better educated children wheter or not we have children in school. It is societies job to provide education and it is the parents job to provide a stable home atmosphere. Divorce rates are pretty high these days and not all dads step up and continue to provide for their kids so we have to pick up the slack there to. The alternative is more and more uneducated adults and we don't want that, do we?

Comment

I don't have any problem paying taxes for kids to go to school. As long as EVERYONE pays the taxes! Here in VA, we generally don't have as many illegal immigrant families as, say, CA. I can't imagine having to pay taxes for someone's kids to get a free ride! I don't mind educated people, in fact I generally hang out with educated folks most of the time. What I do mind is someone sucking up to the federal teet and not helping out. Since most of the money is coming from the state and local taxes (you and me), it makes no sense to let people not contribute. Everyone has a stake in the education system. We all need to help pay for it. My husband and I have no kids, but it's our place to help out and we do so. I don't complain about having to pay taxes to schools. I just want everyone else to help out.
              I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
                I don't have any problem paying taxes for kids to go to school. As long as EVERYONE pays the taxes! Here in VA, we generally don't have as many illegal immigrant families as, say, CA. I can't imagine having to pay taxes for someone's kids to get a free ride! I don't mind educated people, in fact I generally hang out with educated folks most of the time. What I do mind is someone sucking up to the federal teet and not helping out. Since most of the money is coming from the state and local taxes (you and me), it makes no sense to let people not contribute. Everyone has a stake in the education system. We all need to help pay for it. My husband and I have no kids, but it's our place to help out and we do so. I don't complain about having to pay taxes to schools. I just want everyone else to help out.
                I have kids who will take advantage of school, but I have a real problem with the way that schools blow money and never stand up to teachers unions. I paid over $7,000 for school taxes last year. If you think about that over 60 years, I'll end up paying $420,000. If you have one kid that would work out to tuition of $32,307 a year for 13 years (K-12); much more than private school.

Even at $15,000 for two kids it is still not a great bargain; especially when you consider that only half our our schools budget comes from property taxes; 1/4 comes from the state (income tax); and another 1/4 comes from the taxes on the nuclear power plant.

I just wish school boards would say NO every once and a while so that we don't end up with huge 10% tax increases several years in a row [which is what happens on Long Island and in some districts in Westchester too].

Comment

why they do not make cellulose based alcohols is simple it is still a laboratory process and very very expensive,

DO you want to know why they are using corn to make ethanol with, it is very simple,
                  the process is perfected to an industal process.

and another thing are you aware there is still feed and other CO PRODUCTS that are produced at the same time, and the protein value of the brewers grains are are much higher than that of corn, in its self, and around here guess what there now baling up the corn stocks and then grinding them and feeding them with the brewers grains for a complete grain ration, being able to cut cost on better kinds of hay.

corn and co products.
                  http://www.extension.iastate.edu/Publications/IBC18.pdf
                  facts on your food dollar, and were it goes.
                  http://www.ncga.com/news/publication...oodAndFuel.pdf

a $5 dollar box of corn flakes only has $0.7 of corn in it.
                  For example, an 18-ounce box of corn flakes contains about 12.9 ounces of milled field corn. When field corn is priced at $2.28 per bushel (the 20-year average), the actual value of corn represented in the box of corn flakes is about 3.3 cents (1 bushel = 56 pounds). (The remainder is packaging, processing, advertising, transportation, and other costs.) At $3.40 per bushel, the average price in 2007, the value is about 4.9 cents. The 49-percent increase in corn prices would be expected to raise the price of a box of corn flakes by about 1.6 cents, or 0.5 percent, assuming no other cost increases.
                  http://www.ers.usda.gov/AmberWaves/F...CornPrices.htm
                  Corn Prices Near Record High, But What About Food Costs?
                  http://www.ers.usda.gov/AmberWaves/F...CornPrices.htm
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Well they are doing it again, it's $2.99 a gallon now. I pulled in this morning to top off and that was a pleasant site to see. And once again at 6:45am, I was the only one there, strange, absolutely strange.....
                    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                      Well they are doing it again, it's $2.99 a gallon now. I pulled in this morning to top off and that was a pleasant site to see. And once again at 6:45am, I was the only one there, strange, absolutely strange.....
                      Whatever Twilight Zone you're caught up in, keep rid'in it. Let me know when the price gets down to $1.00 and I'll move! We're paying $3.39 for reg in CT, almost comical to fill a five gallon container.

Comment

http://www.evfinder.com/evsites.htm

http://images.google.com/images?q=hu...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

http://www.luxurycarts.com/h1_hummer_cart.htm
                        Last edited by Bob D.; 03-19-2008, 07:45 PM.
                        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Cool sites there Bob....
                          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
                          X